Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

7 hours ago, Rocket-Ron said:

I was being a little harsh apologies, the 1210 is a great turntable indeed .

But itself is a very expensive item ( will last forever mind).

And love the blue note👍👍

Ha…. Bullet proof - they had to be!

I have a fair selection of blue note on vinyl…. There is a lovely book on their cover art too

The Cover Art of Blue Note Records: Written by Graham Marsh, 2002 Edition, Publisher: Collins & Brown [Paperback] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SLVJJO8

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive just learned i am a neanderthal when it comes to storing my vinyls... what have i done to achieve this ?

I just slip the record back into the sleeve... but apparently, i should ensure that side 1 is facing the front cover :jawdrop: 

Does anyone do this? :)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Ive just learned i am a neanderthal when it comes to storing my vinyls... what have i done to achieve this ?

I just slip the record back into the sleeve... but apparently, i should ensure that side 1 is facing the front cover :jawdrop: 

Does anyone do this? :)

Of course.  You are wicked.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Of course.  You are wicked.  

Sadly i recognise this as true. 

I must shamefully admit that, this is clearly a very good idea, especially as my record player is in a darker corner and my mouldy old eyes spend 5 minutes squinting  for which side is which everytime i put an album on lol 

50 years of having records and this is the first time ive heard of this !! lollol 

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Sadly i recognise this as true. 

I must shamefully admit that, this is clearly a very good idea, especially as my record player is in a darker corner and my mouldy old eyes spend 5 minutes squinting  for which side is which everytime i put an album on lol 

50 years of having records and this is the first time ive heard of this !! lollol 

I was raised by a vinyl Fascist.  I was not allowed to touch, look at or think about my dad's HiFi system without a serious and sustained belting.   

Okay the belting is made up but the rest is true.  So anal was my father about his collection that when, as a birthday present, my mum had typed up an alphabetical master list of all his records on her new word processor (remember those) he had the hump for days.  

In every other way the most reasonable, kind man you'd ever meet.  But an absolute  w@nker on this one thing.  

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2023 at 14:57, ozleicester said:

next question... does anyone still play their singles?

I do.

It's a pain switching them after 3 mins or so but I do like sitting and playing some of my singles.

Sometimes it's nice just to play a song instead of an album.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I do.

It's a pain switching them after 3 mins or so but I do like sitting and playing some of my singles.

Sometimes it's nice just to play a song instead of an album.

I had a couple of players that you could stack them so you could play a few singles without changing, although I never liked the idea of the vinyl dropping down....so I used to use all my cheap singles.  A few years back I was contemplating a jukebox but never did buy one.

• Like 1

Just now, purpleronnie said:

I had a couple of players that you could stack them so you could play a few singles without changing, although I never liked the idea of the vinyl dropping down....so I used to use all my cheap singles.  A few years back I was contemplating a jukebox but never did buy one.

lol i remember back in the 70s, I could load about 5-6 singles and have them drop.. cant imagine the damage done to them... but probably explains the scratches now lollol 

image.png.43279e420a8743212434f8e8efb8d42e.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

haters gonna hate... my recent pick up...

Culture Club - Colour By Numbers - YouTube

George/Club is seriously underrated and the sound from this album is a joy :) 

Nothing wrong with that Oz, Boy George had a very underated soul voice.  Whenever I hear a culture club song it reminds me of playing my older sisters vinyl when she wasnt in, she was a big fan at the time.

• Like 1