Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cat Burger

The Walking Dead XBLA

Just downloaded this episodic Arcade game on PC, PS3 and 360. It's very good so far. Definitely something different.

400 points an episode, so I'm hoping it provides value for money. However, I love the TV series so it was a no brainer for me.

It's kind of a point and click adventure, with QTE, button bashing sequences. Good.

http://www.msxbox-wo...ead/review.html

I Would probably like the TV Series, It's got decent reviews and post apcoliptic fiction has always been a genre which has grabbed my interest, but being trying to work my way through the Wire since the start of August and haven't even gotten through the first Season yet (and I have all 5) So It'll be a good long while before I get round to this, as for the game I get the feeling it would probably help watching the first Season of this before buying it, but as with the TV series defo up my street.

I Would probably like the TV Series, It's got decent reviews and post apcoliptic fiction has always been a genre which has grabbed my interest, but being trying to work my way through the Wire since the start of August and haven't even gotten through the first Season yet (and I have all 5) So It'll be a good long while before I get round to this, as for the game I get the feeling it would probably help watching the first Season of this before buying it, but as with the TV series defo up my street.

That's strange, I'm watching those two series' side by side at the minute. Just on the last episode of series one of Walking Dead, and about to start series 5 of The Wire. Persevere with the Wire, seriously.

The game is a prequel so I don't think it really matters at all if you havent watched it.

That's strange, I'm watching those two series' side by side at the minute. Just on the last episode of series one of Walking Dead, and about to start series 5 of The Wire. Persevere with the Wire, seriously.

The game is a prequel so I don't think it really matters at all if you havent watched it.

Oh yeah enjoying it, I'm getting towards the end of season one, the issue I have is limited time and 14 hour long episdoes a season, Think it'll be Christmas by the time I finish it!

Still keen to watch a few episodes to familarise myself with the setting first, plus I have far too many games already.

• 3 months later...

I don't have a newer console, but am I the only one not impressed by the character models and movements? The joypad controls make me shudder too, but that's almost certainly down to me being a mouse+keyboard player.

Character models don't really seem that much progressive, but the facial movements and voice acting is superb.

Atmosphere's brilliant - has that creepy feeling to it that follows you everywhere. You can never be sure when and where those zombies strike next.

It's a mixture between a typical action adventure RPG like Monkey Island (move or click and move) and Shenmue (button-bashing).

Finished the first episode and am getting to the second one soon.

There's some really tough choices to make, heartbreaking moments included.

was shown this by by gf months ago, it made me buy all 5 episodes having to wait for them to come out as there was only one at the time.

After finishing it for the price paid its the best game ive played on the ps3! I love how the game is so different killing off characters you would never think might be next. Then the shock value which bar episode 1 there is a WTF did that really happen moment in every one. if you get a chance in episode one, when in the barn and clem says whats that smell... reply with "shit" just for the comedy moment in episode 2.

Archived