Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Phone Insurance

I am sending my phone off tomorrow to insurance, I have already filled out the claims form..

-Phone doesn't turn on, Battery is completely shot, damage to the side of the phone.

Does anyone know if that will result in me getting a completely new iPhone sent to me, and also how long do you think it will take?

Thanks in advance

It should be delivered by courier. You will have to pay a nominal fee which will be added to your next bill.

Also, how do you know someone's got an iPhone?

They tell you. :D

Yeah I know about the fee I've already paid it, just wondering if I'll get a new iPhone because I'd love a new one as mine is pretty fvcked and would be a waste of time repairing it in fairness.

You may well get a re-conditioned one rather than a brand spanking new one. I did (although not an i-phone).

My phone's got a problem with the battery, where if it runs flat, then I need to charge it for 3-4 days before it turns on again. Will it matter if I send it with the password lock on and all my stuff on it?

My phone's got a problem with the battery, where if it runs flat, then I need to charge it for 3-4 days before it turns on again. Will it matter if I send it with the password lock on and all my stuff on it?

I don't think they'd do anything... they'd just send you a new phone or restore the one you've got if it's a software problem. It's your own responsibility to ensure your data is backed up.

Got the form in the post today, was with LSG not Lloyds TSB sorry, and said it'd be about 5 days to repair so not bad. If I needed a new battery would it result in them sending me a new iPhone? Would be happy as the one i've sent has damage to the side of it and no cases can fit properly as it is slightly bent on the edge.

• 3 weeks later...

Peeded off!

Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S3 down the toilet last week and have no insurance, so rang 3 up and told them what had happened and they said they could fix it for £150, so i agreed sent it all off and now i have heard back from them they have said they can't fix it! But can offer me an upgrade if i shell out £600!

So i've told them where to stick that and told them to send me the phone back, going to see if i can claim on the house insurance we have or i've been told to use http://uk.protectyourbubble.com/ has anyone or know anyone that has used that insurance? seems pretty legit..

Archived