Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes-are-blue68

Copying music from itunes to USB stick

Help, wife just bought a new car and there is a USB hub in it. So instead of all the cd's messing the car up she would like to copy a load of music from Itunes to a USB stick and plug that in.

Can this be done?, if so how? Have ask a few at work and have been told that it can't be done.

I also tried to use media player to copy the CD and then transfer it. Thought this worked, all tracks listed, when you play it in the car it plays the first track fine and then nothing.

Help, being threatened with bans on certain things if I don't get it sorted including football! :o

Cheers

File > Library > Organise Library. Tick 'Consolidate files' and press ok.

Let all of the music copy into Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music folder and then drag whatever songs you want onto the USB.

What you are doing is finding the source track and then putting it onto USB. That's the only way you can do it you cannot do it through iTunes like with an iPod.

I think this should answer it for you:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3576927?start=0&tstart=0

My Alpine car stereo has both a USB port and a dedicated ipod mode, but to use the latter you have to have a special high speed cable plugged into the back of it (conveniently now poking out in the glovebox). The missus has an ipod but I don't, so I don't know that much about them, but my Sansa players just act like a drive, and the stereo reads them in the same way that it reads files off a memory stick. Do ipods work like this? I'm guessing that they don't, because if they did you wouldn't need itunes. Someone else will probably be able to answer that one.

Memory sticks are getting so cheap now that I just leave them in the car rather than bringing the player with me. I paid about £15 for a 32gb one a couple of months back

So you want to put music files onto a USB stick?

Just plug it in, find the files on your PC and copy them onto it. Anyone telling you it can't be done is a window-licking asshat. All your stuff on iTunes has to be located on the computer to start with, if you can't find it just right-click on the song and choose "Show in Windows Explorer" or similar - you can copy that file anywhere.

Archived