Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Wolves Away Match Thread

My thoughts:

Defence having a shocker including Kasper apart from Morgan who has been solid.

Midfield playing well for the most part, King was was doing very well and losing him is a blow.

Nugent wasn't invloved until near the end of the half.

We are being dominated in the air, Wolves have alot of big physical players, we need to keep the ball on the floor.

Going to be difficult to get anything out of the game, i hope people don't over-react, Wolves are a decent side at this level.

I usually try to keep a sense of perspective and look for the positives, but as I live and work in the Black Country I am going to over-react like my life depends on it if we don't get something out of this game. In 20 odd years of supporting the club I have never let them down, I have supported them through thick and thin. But do they support me when I need it? Do they bollocks.

Do they F*****g hate me?!?!?!

The fundamental difference is that they are physically stronger on and off the ball and the refs not helping, WTF was that against Nugent?

Oh yes, Mr Attwell. Should've booked Konchesky early on and then proceeded to give virtually every bit of contact as a foul.

Wouldn't have blamed Nugent for ripping into him.

:crylaugh::o:facepalm::banghead::yawn:

:fishing:

(These emoticons are my thought in order when reading such bullshit - Although as we are losing it was to be expected.)

Injuries. Without them we'd be doing much better, but when we're forced to put an inexperienced RB in central defense due to injuries/defenders not being fit then of course we aren't going to be great at the back.

Injuries are part and parcel of football .... He let too many defenders go and didn't sign replacements, which left him short. It was easy to see at the time and remains the case in hindsight.

Jesus christ that was utterly dreadful.

The one thing I'd say in Pearson's defence is he wouldn't have expected them to play like that. Almost everyone is performing well below their best, and tbh there seems a real lack of confidence at best, and a lack of effort at worst.

Nugent looks a shadow of the player he was last season, he's slow, half-hearted, doesn't look up for it at all and is more interested in complaining to the ref. Vardy has shown decent effort but the lad's first touch is very poor. At the moment, he's not looking a successful gamble.

I've voiced my concerns about the midfield - our only creative threat is from Marshall who's not been good, but there's no point in him getting crosses in like he did against Blackpool because we're never going to win any headers in the middle.

We are way too lightweight in midfield - Drinkwater and King are physically weak and neither of them are proper creative players, so in games like this their effect is very limited, and I don't think James will improve matters. And that is my biggest concern about the midfield, they don't have enough about them, Dyer is the same, he's got pace but with no body strengh and a lack of technical skill he's pointless. They all have some qualities but they aren't great at anything and they aren't rounded enough.

The defence has been shambolic again and I can't believe Pearson is the manager of this team. People have been raving about Moore - I have no idea why, I've seen him in 2 games and he's been shocking. He's a lummox, he is strong, he can tackle, but he's crap at everything else. He can't pass and he's got no compsure or positional sense. I know he's young but that's not an excuse. If he's not ready, we should have other options.

Konchesky's been terrible again, he was to blame for the first, he's diving into tackles, giving the ball away and getting muscled off it. And can somebody tell Schmeichel to please stop hoofing it long all the while - WE WILL NEVER WIN A HEADER AGAINST THIS LOT.

I'm pleased we've brought Knockaert on for some creativity but the damage is already done. Typical pathetic away game from us where we've thrown it awy in the first half hour. We are never getting out of this league at this rate.

Wolves are just a physical side, they aren't much good, but we've been awful.

Injuries. Without them we'd be doing much better, but when we're forced to put an inexperienced RB in central defense due to injuries/defenders not being fit then of course we aren't going to be great at the back.

sorry mate , that should of been factored in ..thats managent.. the excuse cupboard is starting to look bare..

sorry mate , that should of been factored in ..thats managent.. the excuse cupboard is starting to look bare..

That's why Moore's there, but we've been missing two key defenders, we can't exactly have four great centre-backs around and keep them happy.

Archived