Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

iPhone 5 and iOS 6

With the keynote a few days ago announcing the new iPhone, and iOS6 already begun rolling out, what does anyone think of it? Current iPhone users upgrade to the new iPhone or just see how the new operating system fares on your existing device?

I think it's a shame losing Google maps and YouTube, as Apple's own versions are new and will take time to be fine tuned. Google should release their own independent apps though.

I have had iphone's since the 3g, but I have just bought a galaxy S3. It's taking some getting used to!

I waited to see what the iPhone5 would be like and i was a bit deflated by the whole key note and nothing really grabbed my attention. Normally (for every other iPhone announcement) the iphone has became the best phone on the market - but not this time!

iphone 5 on pre order with O2. As shearfox Its my upgrade time. I'm actually getting a better monthly contract. I'm going from £35 a month 600 mins any network any time, unlimited texts and X amount of data to £26 a month, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB data. I'll settle for that.

I got a phonecall during the update and now the download bar is almost at the end, but has been saying preparing update for about 15 minutes. I think I've balls'ed it up.

Nah it's fine, preparing update takes ages.

iphone 5 on pre order with O2. As shearfox Its my upgrade time. I'm actually getting a better monthly contract. I'm going from £35 a month 600 mins any network any time, unlimited texts and X amount of data to £26 a month, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB data. I'll settle for that.

You've got the iPhone 5 on contract £26 a month?! How much do you have to pay up front?

I'm having a lot of fun with the new maps. My favourite so far is finding Aldwych tube, which closed in 1994, in the middle of a nearby park.

The thing is, the features that are added to the maps are pretty cool, it's just they've got the very very very basics wrong (getting the actual map correct) lol

You've got the iPhone 5 on contract £26 a month?! How much do you have to pay up front?

I pay £25 a month (18 month contract) for 1200 landline/mobile minutes, unlimited texts, 750GB data and free BT Openzone use for my 4GS. I paid £29 for the phone (in November last year)

I pay £25 a month (18 month contract) for 1200 landline/mobile minutes, unlimited texts, 750GB data and free BT Openzone use for my 4GS. I paid £29 for the phone (in November last year)

That's 4S though I was on about the new iPhone 5. I get 5000 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data and pay £35 a month. I think the phone was £60-£80 up front.

Not enjoying the iO6 update at all! Maps are awful, much slower. And they've made some little tweaks to my settings which are annoying including autolocking my phone when on the call - which makes it annoying to go on and off mute when im on calls at work!

That's 4S though I was on about the new iPhone 5. I get 5000 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data and pay £35 a month. I think the phone was £60-£80 up front.

Oh, in that case if I wasn't in contract with my 4S I could get the new one for £21 a month (unlimited texts, calls and 2GB data) for an up front cost of £49. Or the same for £23.50 with no up front cost. Unfortunately I am in contract. Frustrating.

You do realise that if you've got the new iPhone 5 on contract with any other network than Orange, T-Mobile or Three, then you won't be able to use 4G on it when it finally comes to Leicester at the start of next year?

The part of the 4G spectrum that o2, Vodafone etc. will have is not compatible with the new iPhone. However they may release network specific iPhones at a later date.

Sorry if i've burst anyone's bubble.

The part of the 4G spectrum that Vodafone etc. will have is not compatible with the new iPhone.

Do Vodafone have 3G yet? Let alone 4G?

Infact do Vodafone have a basic signal yet? Because during my 2 year contract on Vodafone a good majority of it 'No Signal' has appeared on my iPhone 4.

Why they took the YT app off iOS6, I'll never know, unless its to do with all the Apple vs Android arguments recently.. However the native app in the app store is just as good, so it's no biggie.

I downloaded that but since updating my iPhone I haven't been able to play embedded videos posted in the music forum on here for instance.. any idea why? Tells me I need flash or QuickTime but never had a problem before.

The podcast app on iOS 6 is the biggest pile of shite I've ever had the misfortune to lay my eyes or ears on. You can't put podcasts into playlist and it manages to switch off when you lock the screen, rendering it useless. They even managed to update it today and now it crashes before I even manage to get any audio at all :appl:

Archived