Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

iPhone 5 and iOS 6

Don't know whether to attempt to see if I can get this today or wait for a month or so and see if there are any teething problems like there were with the 4.

Think i'm probably going to wait a month, or a couple of weeks atleast.

Depends how much longer I can cope with Vodafone though - Sometimes I may aswell not have a phone.

Saying all that i'm popping into town later so might end up seeing if anywhere has any in stock lol

I watched that yesterday morning and it made me realise how incredible Samsung actually are. They've achieved the impossible - they've actually managed to sound more smug than Apple fanatics. I never thought I'd see the day.

Jealous. I got angry with Orange being incompetent and cancelled my order. I am going to wait for a sim free iphone and go monthly with Three for a while.

Orange haven't got any instock and have a delay of up to 30 days, and will only get a shipment in, when people actually register their iphone on itunes, so apple can actually see how many have been sold officially.

I've told Vodafone I want a PAC Code, now they are begging me not leave them and asking if they can do anything to make me stay on Vodafone - Too little too late, I originally said a few weeks ago that if they made me an outstanding offer that was dirt cheap I may stay with them but now I don't think i'd even accept that, at the end of the day whats the point if you can make phone calls or text without a sturggle due to a shit signal no matter if it's cheap or not.

Anyway what are people with the 5 thinking? Good? Anything bad to report so far?

Someone I know has got one, i've seen it, seems quite abit lighter than my 4.

TBH if I wasn't out of contract/so desperate to get away from Vodafone I don't think i'd bother with the 5, there really isn't (From what I can see) much difference between the 4/4S/5 but I am out of contract, I am desperate to get away from Vodafone and it's only £1 more expensive than what i'm paying p/month on the 4.

You'd have to be an absolute sheep to get the 5 on the contracts they're offering right now. It's literally just a lighter 4S with a few minor features. Save yourself the money and get a 4/4S or one of them swanky Samsung thingymabobs with the massive screen.

I like Apple, but ask myself why some people are so dumb or eager to queue for a new product days in advance, knowing that the first generation of their phones usually don't fulfill the quality standards set by Apple themselves (f. eg. the issue with the apparent magenta tint when taking pictures).

I'll wait and see what others have to say about the 5 before dishing out a whopping £600 for a 64 GB model.

Got my 5 on Friday. It is a thing of Speed, beauty and general greatness.Screen size works for me, and goodness it is light. Screen looks great.

I have no marks, not tint on pictures (that is a non story, it happens with all little lenses if you point them at the sun), Siri is actually usefull for handsfree texting, dialling and music. Maps are basic, but the turn by turn navigation is great. The fact that I can press the home button, and ask Siri to direct me somewhere, and it just starts without any further instruction is pretty cool.

I wonder when Orange will realise they sent it to me even though I cancelled it.

i'm tempted to look at the Nokia Lumia 920 when it comes out. I quite like the idea of the operating system being user centric and different to what the iOS and Android offer. the wireless Charging and NFC connectivity to things like speaker pods and headphones would also appeal...that said, I think i'd wait until the first few glitches are sorted out! microsoft have a habit of launching with errors!

• 1 month later...

anyone know a way to transfer an old app off my old iphone onto my 5?

its not registered in my name, and i got it off my bros old pc.........

either that or anyone know any apps that i can watch films i've downloaded on??

iCloud?

Erm not exactly sure what the situation is but if you go on the app store (On your iPhone) go to updates and at the top of the screen will say 'Purchased' if you go on this you will have a list of every app you have downloaded, you can download it again from here. (Via iCloud I think)

You say you got it off you brothers old PC, so would presume it would be on his iTunes account? So may log into his account on your iPhone and do the process I have decribed above.

Not sure if it would work but worth a try.

Erm not exactly sure what the situation is but if you go on the app store (On your iPhone) go to updates and at the top of the screen will say 'Purchased' if you go on this you will have a list of every app you have downloaded, you can download it again from here. (Via iCloud I think)

You say you got it off you brothers old PC, so would presume it would be on his iTunes account? So may log into his account on your iPhone and do the process I have decribed above.

Not sure if it would work but worth a try.

i'll try and explain it better haha

basically i had an app called VLC media player (not in the app store anymore) which i used to play films, when i first put it on my phone it was off my little bro's old pc,and it was on his itunes account, now when i've synced all the apps over, the VLC app hasn't moved over, so i'm trying to transfer it from my iphone 4 to my 5.

i'll try and explain it better haha

basically i had an app called VLC media player (not in the app store anymore) which i used to play films, when i first put it on my phone it was off my little bro's old pc,and it was on his itunes account, now when i've synced all the apps over, the VLC app hasn't moved over, so i'm trying to transfer it from my iphone 4 to my 5.

Ah well i'm not sure about that then! lol

Maybe because the app isn't available anymore it hasn't moved over :dunno:

You'll need to sign in to the Apple account that it is registered to. Though if it doesn't exist anymore and so is not compatible it won't download.

Archived