Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Burnley Match thread

Could very easily be Nige's last 45 mins in charge, and who could blame the owners if it was?

4 losses from 6 would be AWFUL, NOT GOOD ENOUGH, AND AN EMBARASSMENT.

Absolute Leg End. Awful supporting, not good enough and an embarassment (spelling copied)

I'm completely fed up with Pearson, his teams, his lack of personality and originality. I can't be arsed at this defeat and my 6 month old son, who cries almost all the time, isn't even crying about this defeat.The worst thing a manager can do is encourage complete and utter apathy and that is pretty much what LCFC are getting from a lot of quarters now.

So if Pearson is sacked, another manager will come in, uproot the team, want to bring in his own players, who take a while to settle in, this season we will end up mid table, Next summer he brings in a few more, so we make a disappointing start to the campaign, the manager is then sacked, so another manager is brought in, he brings in a few players on loan who take a while to settle ad infinitum.

The old example of how many people wanted Ferguson sacked at Manchester United when he had only been with the club a few months, often used, with justification, as an example of being patient and not rushing to find easy fixes.

But being football, both owners and supporters of clubs cannot be patient, they want blood if a manager doesn't immediately find a winning formula. it works the odd time, if a new manager has good fortune but in any work of life, only long term stability brings rewards, but we live in a want it all now society.

Archived