Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tincy

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

Just played the demo on 360 and must say i'm very impressed, plays and looks much better than FIFA this year if you ask me! And i will be defiantly buying this over FIFA this year.

Maybe it's another power shift in the world of footballing games again??

Just played the demo on 360 and must say i'm very impressed, plays and looks much better than FIFA this year if you ask me! And i will be defiantly buying this over FIFA this year.

You mean Fifa and PES? Its a small world.

I honestly don't know much about PES, never played it, you can kind of call me a FIFA fan boy.

For the life on me I can't understand why you would want to play a game with Man Blue and Man Red. If I'm correct in saying there is also a lack of teams to be played such as Championship and below. Also the fact that FIFA has more features such as Ultimate teams and be a pro.

I'm not having a go at PES I just feel the features are lacking somewhat.

I'd be tempted if they had a range of licensed teams, they'll never overtake FIFA while they don't have them.

Always makes me laugh when people mention the incorrect names and kits etc.

I've had every single game in the series on release date and for the past 3 or 4 games, the first thing I've done is loaded an option file before I start playing. This corrects all the names and adds all the kits, and to be honest they often look better than the actual licensed kits!

This is always my preferred source: http://www.gtmpesworld.com/p/dl-center-uk.html

This is from the 2011 game...

chelsealiverpool.png

lol lol lol lol lol lol PES lol lol lol lol lol lol

What a woeful game. Bought it once, apparently in it's prime years and it's shit. Plays like an arcade game (reminds me of the old Virtua Striker Arcade games), less features than FIFA, less teams. I have no idea how it ever challenged FIFA on sales, I guess people like to be contrary and as everyone liked FIFA it wasn't cool, so they went out and bought this to be "different". Anyone who thinks this is even a patch on FIFA is deluded.

lol lol lol lol lol lol PES lol lol lol lol lol lol

What a woeful game. Bought it once, apparently in it's prime years and it's shit. Plays like an arcade game (reminds me of the old Virtua Striker Arcade games), less features than FIFA, less teams. I have no idea how it ever challenged FIFA on sales, I guess people like to be contrary and as everyone liked FIFA it wasn't cool, so they went out and bought this to be "different". Anyone who thinks this is even a patch on FIFA is deluded.

This, my friends, is what we call in the business a fanboy.

Pro Evo was, for a good 5/6/7 years the best footy game. No doubt. It didn't even have to be good to be better than FIFA between about 2002 and 2007. Luckily it was bloody amazing.

But it's shit now and the new demo didn't impress me at all. I want to love PES again, but it'll have to do better than this.

This, my friends, is what we call in the business a fanboy.

Amen. I bet he's camping outside the Apple store for the iPhone 5 as we speak.

lol No not at all, I haven't even entertained the thought of getting an iPhone 5. I have the 4, but I was actually considering getting a Samsung at my next upgrade. But PES is shit, and I'm not the only person to think it. Most people I know who've played both hate PES. Sales figures of 25 FIFA's to every 1 PES last year pretty much proves my point.

Pro evo 6 was the pinnacle of Konami's football series. Meanwhile the fifa games of that time were indeed terrible.

EA have blown Konami out of the water in recent years though, looks to be going the same way this year aswell having played both demos.

To be fair though EA must plough so much more money into fifa than Konami do with Pro Evo.

You get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

I play FIFA now, it's simply better.

But 4, 5 & 6 PES pissed all over it in terms of game-play and realism.

EA had spent far too long trying to milk their licences and better graphics and finally acknowledged the need to change a couple of years ago when they clawed it back.

If you thought FIFA was better than PES back in Pro Evo's prime then you were either too young to actually appreciate gameplay over graphics or you're just some sort of simpleton, the sort of person that actually thinks FIFA Manager is better than FM (Andy?)

Archived