Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
steviewalsh

Redknapp - "no contact with Leicester"

Read this somewhere else but felt it deserved it's own thread:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/173355.html

"None whatsoever, not a chance," Redknapp told Sky Sports News. "Mark Hughes is a top manager, I have heard nothing from anybody. I had the same thing last week, I picked up the paper to see I am going to Ipswich because I know the chairman - I'm not going to Ipswich.

"The next thing I am going to Leicester. I have never had any contact with anybody at Leicester. They are flying - Nigel Pearson is doing a great job at Leicester. I don't know where it comes from - somebody makes the story up."

So do you think we can finally put it to bed?

I'm not naming the source, but it's a long term employee of the club, who is very reliable.

If you don't want to believe it, that's your choice.

Who said I didn't believe it. There is a big difference between him having a meeting or two and agreeing to take the job though. I just can't see him wanting it, and I don't think after the latest results the owners want him now either.

The meetings were in the past, lets now focus on the future.

Whos to say they where offering him management ?

It could just be for information and knowhow, hes a very experienced man

Fair point, it could also have been about sounding him out for director of football role, or other role, although then why deny it.

I still don't have any reason to believe the Thais met with Harry, but there is the posssibilty our guys met with his to see how the land lies should we be looking for a manager in the near future.

Archived