Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

FIFA 13 Ultimate Team

Gone back to playing bronze and got myself L1 & L2 English sides to alternate with every game. I'm finding it much more enjoyable and won a couple of cups. Played such a range of people this weekend quality wise, nobody sticks out much sometimes in gold matches regardless of result. Seem slightly better sports on average as well, beat a lad 7-0 yesterday and he never quit or played stupid. Even had a 4 game unbeaten run in div 1 with 3 wins, better than what i was doing with my cheap french gold side.

My players kept making stupid mistakes, and my controller wouldn't change to the players I wanted it to.

So I quit two games in a row due to frustration, so I'm on a Fifa Ultimate Team break.

Unless I get someone incredible in my next pack on Monday, then I might decide to play again.

I had those problems in all my games yesterday.... Never usually happens which is odd, could only assume I got complacent.

I played a bit of UT as well Careers today. I think there must be a bug in the latest update because some of passes I made went too long or just crashed into players so they can't control it. My players sometimes can't even control a simple pass and no, I wasn't holding the sprint button when I received the ball.

I played a bit of UT as well Careers today. I think there must be a bug in the latest update because some of passes I made went too long or just crashed into players so they can't control it. My players sometimes can't even control a simple pass and no, I wasn't holding the sprint button when I received the ball.

One thing which pisses me off, is when trying to change player, it always seems to change to a defender, when the guy I'm playing has the ball just over the half way line, instead of changing it to one of my defensive midfielders, it always changes to my centre backs, which are too far away from the ball, which then let's the guy I'm facing run at my defence even more and get closer to goal.

Had the strangest game earlier, i went 4-0 down and he stopped playing! i went 6-4 up and suddenly he came back to life.

The game ended 7-7, slightly annoyed by the result though!

Why?

By the sounds of it he was vastly better than you and unfortuantly for him something came up whilst he was playing. Should be grateful!

Why?

By the sounds of it he was vastly better than you and unfortuantly for him something came up whilst he was playing. Should be grateful!

I was annoyed because i should have won it, it was my fault he scored in the last few minutes

I was 2-1 up with 10 to go last night in a bronze match when there was one of those 'fifa fail' type things. I was trying to get my player to do a quick throw and he suddenly sprints onto the pitch with the ball in his hands. He then proceeds to run aimlessly about like a complete loon having his own personal game of rugby. Eventually he retreats to the touchline again, still clutching the ball to his chest and just won't budge. I wanted to get to bed anyway so in the end i just quit and messaged the guy to tell him and say gg, which sod's law it really was until that. Easily the daftest thing i've seen playing the game.

One thing which pisses me off, is when trying to change player, it always seems to change to a defender, when the guy I'm playing has the ball just over the half way line, instead of changing it to one of my defensive midfielders, it always changes to my centre backs, which are too far away from the ball, which then let's the guy I'm facing run at my defence even more and get closer to goal.

I don't usually complain when I lose but this game is starting to test my patience. Played a game last night and I swear to god it was like the Alamo, constantly bombarding his goal with shots.... But nothing.

He managed to get the ball the other end and put a cross in to his player and nod it in, I was trying to select the player to nod the ball away but wouldn't go to him. That happened twice in that match and unsurprisingly I lost 2-0 :/

Gave up on packs two weeks ago and went for the trading for profit approach and it's so much better . The only time I now open packs are when I win them . The below teams is what I've been able to pay for by trading alone ,

Top team

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#cWmA5zvdnIZR5:ps3

Prem team

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#k8c9TmROnIZR4:ps3

Gave up on packs two weeks ago and went for the trading for profit approach and it's so much better . The only time I now open packs are when I win them . The below teams is what I've been able to pay for by trading alone ,

Top team

http://www.ea.com/uk...mA5zvdnIZR5:ps3

Prem team

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#k8c9TmROnIZR4:ps3

I've started making some profit on trading, today i started with 15K, Now i've got 140K tied up in Hummels (Dortmund) and Remy (QPR)

I gave this game a longer break and went back to playing a Single Player tournament yesterday (on Semi-Pro).

I've been a huge fan of FIFA11, gave 12 a pass (because of the amount of change involved) and reluctantly bought the current edition.

What I still don't like is that I can't attack an opposing player easily enough when they're in control of the ball.

I'd love to slide or tackle them, but their ball handling skills (no matter what team you're playing) is incredible. Suddenly, they all turn into little Messis when holding the ball.

It used to be so much easier.

I did win the trophy, however. lol

And I've made some extra coins by selling extra Gold contract cards.

On a sidenote, why does it feel as if selling players is tougher than in previous installments? I've put some Gold players up for sale, they don't cost too much. Nothing.

Are there few players using UT these days or are they just pickier?

I gave this game a longer break and went back to playing a Single Player tournament yesterday (on Semi-Pro).

I've been a huge fan of FIFA11, gave 12 a pass (because of the amount of change involved) and reluctantly bought the current edition.

What I still don't like is that I can't attack an opposing player easily enough when they're in control of the ball.

I'd love to slide or tackle them, but their ball handling skills (no matter what team you're playing) is incredible. Suddenly, they all turn into little Messis when holding the ball.

On a sidenote, why does it feel as if selling players is tougher than in previous installments? I've put some Gold players up for sale, they don't cost too much. Nothing.

Are you complaining about the computer on Semi Pro difficulty on Ultimate Team :blink:

If I don't beat it on Ultimate it annoys me, anything less than Legendary is a piece of piss, I normally win by at least three goals on World Class. Semi Pro is a none contest they aren't little Messi's at all more like little Junior Lewsi's lol dreadfully easy difficulty setting, normally win at least 10-0.

I think in this edition it aint nescc how good players are most people just got for pace.

How much do they go for? I usually sell my fitness cards as I have two squads that I rotate between the matches. They can go for over a thousand if I am lucky!

What can I do now? to stop me getting bored.

I have a bronze squad, mainly made up of torquay players and a few other L1/2 players to pad the squad.

I have a Silver Leicester side with a few other Championship players in reserve.

I have a Gold Premiership squad as follows

de gea, krul, frediel

richards, azplicueta

evra, baines, cole (up for sale)

luiz, kompany, vertonghen, cahill, jagielka, terry (up for sale)

Carrick, gerrard, arteta, santi corzola, toure, oscar, mata

Lennon (for sale) walcott, adam jonhson,

bale, the ox,

RVP, dezko, defoe and jelavic.

the only player I really want to add to it is Augero.

I have a brazilian side, but have listed most of them, I have an Isco, but no side to play him in, I would like a La Liga side, but all the players I want are expensive.

Really need a IF or something in my free pack when I get home so I can make some coins from it.

What can I do now? to stop me getting bored.

I have a bronze squad, mainly made up of torquay players and a few other L1/2 players to pad the squad.

I have a Silver Leicester side with a few other Championship players in reserve.

I have a Gold Premiership squad as follows

de gea, krul, frediel

richards, azplicueta

evra, baines, cole (up for sale)

luiz, kompany, vertonghen, cahill, jagielka, terry (up for sale)

Carrick, gerrard, arteta, santi corzola, toure, oscar, mata

Lennon (for sale) walcott, adam jonhson,

bale, the ox,

RVP, dezko, defoe and jelavic.

the only player I really want to add to it is Augero.

I have a brazilian side, but have listed most of them, I have an Isco, but no side to play him in, I would like a La Liga side, but all the players I want are expensive.

Really need a IF or something in my free pack when I get home so I can make some coins from it.

Build a side completely from packs. Much more satisfying in my opinion.

Build a side completely from packs. Much more satisfying in my opinion.

Most of my gold players are from packs, de gea, azpulicueta, baines, cahill, terry, corzola, etc all came from packs, but a lot of the time they are just so random, most my brazil side i'm dismantling is from packs as well, thats the only reason i built it. But I always want it to be better, the lack of decent defenders other than dede and alves winds me up.

i hardly ever get any world class in packs RVP and Mata are my best players ratings wise a lot of the packs are just full of rubbish tho. And because I play 443, I hardly ever get players with that formation and those cards seem to trade for 5k a lot of the time, meaning it costs a fortune to fine tune the squad.

Neymar is the best player I've had and I sold him to buy bale and kompany, my only big trades.But there is now so many of each player on the market, you get nothing for them unless they are a really big name it seems.

Went back to career mode last night as I'm losing interest. Newcastle Jets, with Heskey and Bridges up front. Infact I may buy big emile for my leicester side.

Are you complaining about the computer on Semi Pro difficulty on Ultimate Team :blink:

If I don't beat it on Ultimate it annoys me, anything less than Legendary is a piece of piss, I normally win by at least three goals on World Class. Semi Pro is a none contest they aren't little Messi's at all more like little Junior Lewsi's lol dreadfully easy difficulty setting, normally win at least 10-0.

I think in this edition it aint nescc how good players are most people just got for pace.

It's not the difficulty setting I'm criticizing, it's the ability of opposing players to evade my attempts at tackling and/or getting the ball so easily, when they're in possession.

This used to be easier (and more satisfying).

Even on Semi-Pro and winning, I end up having maybe 45% of possession.

Or does anyone know how to snatch the ball from the opposing midfielders or defenders more easily?

Usually, I do a pretty decent job at defending myself and my back four seem to have an easier time regaining possession and winning the ball.

Oh, and even if you have pacey wingers, when you play against the opposing AI, no matter how bad the left and right backs are, they cope with my speed way too easily.

Archived