Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

With respect, the Hillsborough group is getting in the way here.

I realise they're upset but they're allowing themselves to be blinded by past events and aren't actually assessing the merits of Safe Standing. Unfortunately it would appear their voice is valued more than the majority's because of the tragedy they have experienced - sadly this debate is not being carried out democratically. They'll probably remain a considerable obstacle for a long time.

I find the fact they oppose it to be outright ridiculous and contradictory to everything they stand for - correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't a lot of their role uncovering the truth that a lot of it was down to the police? If they oppose it for other reasons (I'm still searching for a valid one...) then that's their call, but if they oppose it because of the Hillsbrough disaster then I find that to be very sad.

It does say the event was in Leicester.

Purely down to location I'd guess but I fail to believe that if it's hosted in Leicester, then we wouldn't send a representative.

So we know 21 teams back it, Middlesbrough don't, who are these other two?

According to dcfc_flagman (one of the main safe standing campaigners), Leicester City are in favour of it.

I find the fact they oppose it to be outright ridiculous and contradictory to everything they stand for - correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't a lot of their role uncovering the truth that a lot of it was down to the police? If they oppose it for other reasons (I'm still searching for a valid one...) then that's their call, but if they oppose it because of the Hillsbrough disaster then I find that to be very sad.

It's a typical lack of objectivness from them, but they'll never change.

As I've said before in this thread I doubt safe standing will get anywhere while the family members of certain Hillsborough victims are still breathing.  

I have heard quotes that suggest Leicester City are in favour of safe standing, and have done for some time.

These quotes at least go back to the days of the Fosse Boys.

I can see safe standing coming in eventually but i'll probably be so old i need to sit down anyway.

Haha, actually made me lol.

All good news coming out at the moment. Hopefully we see progress in the next few years.

I have heard quotes that suggest Leicester City are in favour of safe standing, and have done for some time.

These quotes at least go back to the days of the Fosse Boys.

At the time when Tim Davis was chief executive, he supported it and was one of the first to do so but backed down after pressures from others Edited by Libertine Dream

It's a typical lack of objectivness from them, but they'll never change.

As I've said before in this thread I doubt safe standing will get anywhere while the family members of certain Hillsborough victims are still breathing.  

I think it's a disgrace personally. I find it massively contradictory and the sad truth is - they have a significant say, more significant than me or you, yet not even close to the awareness on what it actually is.

I find it sad really. They've obviously been told to do this by the FA/PL or whoever.

Purely down to location I'd guess but I fail to believe that if it's hosted in Leicester, then we wouldn't send a representative.

So we know 21 teams back it, Middlesbrough don't, who are these other two?

According to dcfc_flagman (one of the main safe standing campaigners), Leicester City are in favour of it.

After "our" original no , we've said yes this time after the club listened to the fans.

After "our" original no , we've said yes this time after the club listened to the fans.

A lot more like it.

I'd love to hear Middlesbrough's reasoning for saying no. To be honest when it comes off as a success they'll soon back it.

Why are people so desperate to bring back safe standing, okay i've read various threads about improving the atmosphere, but i mean seriously? Personally if whoever is in charge of this says "no" then it should be put to bed. If it's sitting or standing i'll still follow the foxes, but some people must realise the days off standing in over crowded stadiums are long gone. Even if they call it safe standing, there still are dangers!

Edited by Leicesterpool

No, there aren't dangers.

If that's what you think then you clearly don't understand the concept properly. Read up on it.

And a brief list of the benefits of Safe Standing:

• Improved atmosphere
  • Cheaper tickets
  • Higher attendances due to cheaper tickets, increased capacity of the stadium
  • Fans being given a choice of whether to sit or stand
  • Safer* than standing in seated areas

* When I say safer, I mean virtually 100% safe

Edited by Harry - LCFC

No, there aren't dangers.

If that's what you think then you clearly don't understand the concept properly. Read up on it.

And a brief list of the benefits of Safe Standing:

• Improved atmosphere
  • Cheaper tickets
  • Higher attendances due to cheaper tickets, increased capacity of the stadium
  • Fans being given a choice of whether to sit or stand
  • Safer* than standing in seated areas

* When I say safer, I mean virtually 100% safe

Can you really see the club dropping the prices?

Why are people so desperate to bring back safe standing, okay i've read various threads about improving the atmosphere, but i mean seriously? Personally if whoever is in charge of this says "no" then it should be put to bed. If it's sitting or standing i'll still follow the foxes, but some people must realise the days off standing in over crowded stadiums are long gone. Even if they call it safe standing, there still are dangers!

Think 'Safe Standing' implies the dangers have been recognised and minimised. Safe Standing must be safer than everyone standing up in seated areas anyway. I for one would love to see the back of damaged shins.

Can you really see the club dropping the prices?

Is that the only criticism you have of my argument?

And yes I must admit the price drop is a only in theory. They might lower them a bit but probably not to the level where they make equal profit from seated areas.

You can't bring back something that was never there. Pipe down with the either shit WUM, or failure to read up on what it actually is.

No there are not.

You say you've read up on it but have come back on here just as clueless. You're right though, days of standing in an overcrowded environment ARE over.