Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

Definitely a step forward if it is allowed at Football League grounds. But it will need the Premier League to vote in favour too for Leicester - and other Championship clubs with PL aspirations - to incur the expense of removing seats etc if they have be put back in when promoted. Apart from Villa, I don't know of other PL clubs interested in standing areas.

surely the whole point is it can be turned back to seating. Thats the point.

same as every german club has. They have to lock the seats down for champions league games. Up for domestic fixtures.

Absolutely. I just think their stance is hypocritical, that's all. They got "the truth", and that was that standing in itself didn't cause the Hillsborough disaster.

By not supporting progress they're alienating themselves in a past they fought so hard to eradicate.

@StanCollymore Shameful stuff from certain Liverpool fans who've spent so long proving that standing up wasn't the cause of the 96 deaths

@StanCollymore yet use the disaster (as tragic as it was) as a reason against safe standing. It beats me

Worth a go I suppose...

Unbelievable ignorance from some, embarrassing to read the drivel on Twitter from some of the ignorants. 

Disgraceful and I despise how these twats take the moral high ground even though they're wrong. Fvcking wrong.

@StanCollymore Shameful stuff from certain Liverpool fans who've spent so long proving that standing up wasn't the cause of the 96 deaths

@StanCollymore yet use the disaster (as tragic as it was) as a reason against safe standing. It beats me

Worth a go I suppose...

Disgraceful and I despise how these twats take the moral high ground even though they're wrong. Fvcking wrong.

It's saddening to see Liverpool fans so wilfully swallow and regurgitate the propaganda that was used to exonerate those who were actually responsible for the deaths of 96 of their fellow fans. They should know they've been lied to, along with the rest of the country, as to the cause of the tragedy. 

Standing never killed anybody. Poor management, design, policing and stewarding did. 

Read this timeline. Seriously. Read it. https://twitter.com/MightyRed2012

The ignorance is simply unbelievable.

Unbelivable. He's had a go at Stan for being biased and one-sided (when it's quite clear he has retweeted messages AGAINST standing) yet continues with no movement at all towards listening to the arguments put forward.  

Hypothetically, if Liverpool drew Yeovil away in the Cup, would they refuse the ticket allocation for the terrace on the grounds that standing isn't safe?

They stand at every away game as it is.

Just had someone say 'it will just be full of alcohol fuelled idiots'. Truly incredible generalisation to which I responded that I am teetotal.

Do they think people haven't been drinking lots since all-seater stadiums were introduced? I resent this notion that because we get to stand up we become hooligans intent on causing carnage. The fact is, people are going to be cnuts whether they sit or stand.

They stand at every away game as it is.

They do, yes, in seated areas (which is safer, apparently, for some reason), but given they are opposed to old-style terracing, surely they'd refuse to stand on one if required to play there?

You'll never win with Liverpool fans, these are the same lot who caused the herysel stadium disaster which resulted in pens at football grounds and also used to indulge in the artful pastime of storming turn styles so they could get in for free, and we all know how that ended up. There used to be loads of videos on the net proving this, but they've all mysteriously disappeared.

I really cba to read through 18 pages so I wonder if someone could answer me this. How would safe standing work in terms of some people wanting to stand and some wanting to sit. Would standing zones just be in parts of the ground? Could imagine some pretty fierce arguments erupting if people had their view blocked by standers.

I really cba to read through 18 pages so I wonder if someone could answer me this. How would safe standing work in terms of some people wanting to stand and some wanting to sit. Would standing zones just be in parts of the ground? Could imagine some pretty fierce arguments erupting if people had their view blocked by standers.

The ground would probably still be 90% seated, and standing in seated areas would be very strongly discouraged.

It would work in much the same way it did for, say, Peterborough away. You'd choose either a standing or seating area depending upon your preference, with it being clearly stated on the ticket which area you were situated in