Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

I saw the BBC quote home ticket prices for Bayern today in an article and I had to rub my eyes; this tells you everything you need to know why many English clubs aren't keen to see standing return at the top two tiers of the game:

Standing £12 (yes, twelve quid)

Seating £58

Whatever the arguments about safety...this tells you everything. It's almost better value to fly to Munich every other week....(not that I'd want to mind...!)

You mean widening vomitories? You may be right but the likelihood is that the stand itself will need redeveloping anyway to allow for rail height etc so there are always going to be start-up costs involved. Once that's done, why would they settle for 2 people at £25 each when they can get 3 people at £20 each?

Because they're morons who shit themselves at the idea of standing let alone making a stand more populated.

:yawn:

It's funny because the last photo in that article had virtually all of the Liverpool fans were standing up, which completely contradicts the point of the article lol. If the majority of the Liverpool fans in the Kop want to stand maybe Its time to make it safer.

Also maybe someone should explain to these dangerous standers there will still be seats for them to rest safely. 

I really want to see safe standing in this country, I think it's a cracking idea.

How in the name of all that's holy has that idiot been paid for that article?!

A new low even for the Daily Mail. 

"One simple truth, after all the inquests and inquiries, remains incontrovertible. All those lost souls were victims of the antiquated culture of standing at football matches."

What a horrendous lie that is.

For him to assert that that statement is 'undeniably correct' is one of the most laughable, ridiculous pieces of journalism I've seen in a while. Utter falsehood and deception. The British public have been thoroughly let down by having someone attempt to mislead them in this article.

• Like 1

I personally think that the FSF and Jon Darch of the Safe Standing Roadshow have every right to reply to that lamentable waste of server space masquerading as an 'article.'

Amazing that the writers of Filbo Spirit aren't paid for their articles but this muppet was.

I personally think that the FSF and Jon Darch of the Safe Standing Roadshow have every right to reply to that lamentable waste of server space masquerading as an 'article.'

Amazing that the writers of Filbo Spirit aren't paid for their articles but this muppet was.

Newspaper articles are meant to provide balance on actual news instead the Mail just publish opinions based up with an obvious lack of knowledge, I'm surprised anybody even buys it anymore.

Filbo Spirit articles are very well written and insughtful yet incredibly he/they didn't make it as a journalist yet shit like that constitutes 'journalism'.

10 days left for the Club to respond to the Football League.

As far as we are aware, there has been no consultation with us as fans since the FL canvassed its Clubs in late December. We have tonight written to the Club to ask them to open a dialogue with us all as fans prior to feeding back to the Football League.

We have urged them to follow in Portsmouth, Huddersfield, Peterborough, Bristol City etc's footsteps and communicate with the Supporters.

As time is running out, it is becoming fairly urgent for us as fans to contact the Club and let our feelings be known in this case. In this regard, we should be grateful if each pro-safe standing individual would take a few minutes to e-mail the Club imploring them to consult with us ahead of what will hopefully be 'Four x Yes' in February.

We will be drafting a template e-mail for those short on time but generally believe a message from the heart will have more effect.

Thank you.

Union FS

As far as we are aware, there has been no consultation with us as fans since the FL canvassed its Clubs in late December. We have tonight written to the Club to ask them to open a dialogue with us all as fans prior to feeding back to the Football League.

We have urged them to follow in Portsmouth, Huddersfield, Peterborough, Bristol City etc's footsteps and communicate with the Supporters.

As time is running out, it is becoming fairly urgent for us as fans to contact the Club and let our feelings be known in this case. In this regard, we should be grateful if each pro-safe standing individual would take a few minutes to e-mail the Club imploring them to consult with us ahead of what will hopefully be 'Four x Yes' in February.

We will be drafting a template e-mail for those short on time but generally believe a message from the heart will have more effect.

Thank you.

Union FS

Check your private messages mate, I have some information you might be interested in.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

Thank you.

Union FS

Who do we email it to?

Newspaper articles are meant to provide balance on actual news instead the Mail just publish opinions based up with an obvious lack of knowledge, I'm surprised anybody even buys it anymore.

Filbo Spirit articles are very well written and insughtful yet incredibly he/they didn't make it as a journalist yet shit like that constitutes 'journalism'.

I don't believe that's ever been the case, newspapers have always followed the line and or political view dictated by their owners or via a suitably selected Editor.

I believe only the BBC is required by law to provide a balanced and unbiased view, Even they have trouble being accused by both the left and the right of being biased against them.