Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

How can they bleat on about respect when their fans stand at every away game? I'm sorry but I'm not having this, there's so much hypocrisy involved in this where Liverpool are involved and yet so many jump straight down your throat on the grounds that you're being disrespectful if you say anything about it.

Look at this, again.

Bf4SUemCAAQHj9I.png

How can someone who has spent years of her life, hours and hours trying to prove that it was down to something other than standing, come out with that? I find it pretty sad that certain people have actually swayed her opinion on this because it's surely not possible to be that hypocritical when you're discussing something you take so seriously?

I agree that directly for Leicester this news makes no difference yet and in the Championship I'd only expect to see it at grounds such as Barnsley, Doncaster etc... who don't really expect to get much higher. The Premier League is the big one that would make all the difference and yet they still completely write it off as an idea. Joke league.

How can someone who has spent years of her life, hours and hours trying to prove that it was down to something other than standing, come out with that? I find it pretty sad that certain people have actually swayed her opinion on this because it's surely not possible to be that hypocritical when you're discussing something you take so seriously?

Hit the nail on the head there mate.  :appl:

I can accept a different viewpoint to my own but not in this case. She is wrong. Absolutely ****ing wrong.

A thorn in the side of safe standing. The debate needs to move beyond the opinion of somebody so horribly scarred emotionally that they will never hold a rational balanced view on this. If you funnel thousands of people into a fenced pen intended for far fewer then whether the pen had seats, (safe) rail seats or old school terraces the result is horrific crushing.

Have stood for hundreds, if not thousands of hours at football matches with no incidents to myself or anybody around me. Standing is safe when the authorities manage the crowds responsibly and when you throw safe seating in then why are we even still debating this?

Good to see we're making progress with the FL and fingers crossed this will happen...

I've just had a call off Alan Thompson from the LM asking my views on the latest developments. He was the one I spoke to to advertise the roadshow last season

Yes he called me as well, spoke to him earlier and he's putting an article in tomorrows Mercury I believe.

I doubt it will ever be available for away fans. I'd even hazard a guess that sitting for away fans will be strictly enforced in grounds where there is some safe standing section for home fans.

I can't see how that would work. A lot of away followings tend to 100% stand, they'd have no chance.

A thorn in the side of safe standing. The debate needs to move beyond the opinion of somebody so horribly scarred emotionally that they will never hold a rational balanced view on this. If you funnel thousands of people into a fenced pen intended for far fewer then whether the pen had seats, (safe) rail seats or old school terraces the result is horrific crushing.

Have stood for hundreds, if not thousands of hours at football matches with no incidents to myself or anybody around me. Standing is safe when the authorities manage the crowds responsibly and when you throw safe seating in then why are we even still debating this?

Good to see we're making progress with the FL and fingers crossed this will happen...

Her views aren't even logical though. I'm not saying that she should get over what happened because we want to stand - I'm saying there's absolutely zero sense in what she says. How can someone who's worked her socks off to help find the actual cause of the tragedy hide behind the tragedy itself when discussing something that she herself has proven not to be the cause?

Her views simply don't add up. I can't get my head round it.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Her views aren't even logical though. I'm not saying that she should get over what happened because we want to stand - I'm saying there's absolutely zero sense in what she says. How can someone who's worked her socks off to help find the actual cause of the tragedy hide behind the tragedy itself when discussing something that she herself has proven not to be the cause?

Her views simply don't add up. I can't get my head round it.

I had a look on a Liverpool forum to gauge their views, there's a little bit on there about it. 

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/352687-Football-League-clubs-unanimously-back-safe-standing-in-the-Championship

At least they're speak sense.

I can't see how that would work. A lot of away followings tend to 100% stand, they'd have no chance.

No club is likely to provide safe standing for away fans.

I'm not saying it will be easy but I can envisage for example clubs will be threatened with the closure of their own standing areas if they don't enforce sitting in the seating areas and could even involve the closure of the away fan's club having their standing sections closed, if they have one if their away fans don't sit.

This is the best post from the Liverpool forum (link above)- if you've not read all the posts - which is a great summary (credit to TheSoundLady)

"It's hard to argue with people who are coming from a place of very strong emotions, because there really is no counter-argument to the emotion of losing people you love...

It's not an argument I'd ever really want to have.

But honestly, if these groups that we respect and admire and stand beside, so much, would analyse this particular situation completely rationally and scientifically, I do not think they would oppose it. It's a principle and an emotion and a symbol (almost religious in nature if you want a comparison) more than it is any sort of scientific or rational analysis. And it's almost impossible to argue against that sort of thing for me, especially as a Liverpool fan.

But I do think the energy of the group or groups is misplaced here... it should now be 100% aimed at and towards the police and political authorities, and the FA, those who were really to blame. The safety inside stadiums is amazing now and experts and scientists and analysts who know exactly what they are talking about, are not going to let us move backwards, and those authority figures who have lied, repressed facts and buried truth, as well as those responsible in the first place, should be the focus of 100% of all of our energy with regards to Hillsborough."

I can accept a different viewpoint to my own but not in this case. She is wrong. Absolutely ****ing wrong.

Yeah, there were a few people echoing her sentiments on R5 today, "I was at Hillsborough and I can't believe people want to do this!" etc.

To put it in perspective it's like having a friend who was stabbed to death, so you only use a fork to eat with for the rest of your life. It's equally as stupid. Just as the knife isn't responsible for the death, neither is standing. In both instances, the blame lies with the people. Be that Liverpool fans, police, the authorities, SWFC - but it wasn't standing, something I - and billions of others worldwide - do safely every day.

"I don't think you can have any form of standing anyway without pens, cages, fences or whatever,"

Huh? She is blinded with grief.

And she has obviously not even entertained the idea of reading up on it.

I hope when the new inquiry into the hillsborough disaster is finished she and the rest of the hillsborough justice group disappear.

Looks like a rail seated section of Ashton Gate will be revealed shortly.

I believe the rails will be placed at the Wedlock stand.

That is not surprising given Bristol City are in League One so have no issues preventing them from having a section & as it's Jon Darch's (main driving force behind the campaign) home club