Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

We've had more flares and smoke bombs at Filbert Way than Celtic have had at their home ground.

The Green Brigade are an organised fan group run by switched on blokes. They aren't going to shit on their own door step by bringing pyrotechnics in now they have safe standing.

I think they are the perfect club to trial it. Their atmosphere is already amazing and this will make people focus on that. Will give the better atmosphere argument more strength.

Yes but the people in charge do not care for atmosphere, they care for "safety". They are twisted cvnts who will spend a whole year over analysing every single movement in this area of fans to use it against the rest of us. Even something like a mental goal celebration that looks amazing to any of us could be used by someone in parliament to say that people are toppling over on top of each other and that is a DANGER!!!!

Yes but the people in charge do not care for atmosphere, they care for "safety". They are twisted cvnts who will spend a whole year over analysing every single movement in this area of fans to use it against the rest of us. Even something like a mental goal celebration that looks amazing to any of us could be used by someone in parliament to say that people are toppling over on top of each other and that is a DANGER!!!!

The whole point of safe standing is to stop people toppling over each other, it cant happen. its been tested used in germany for a while now, also their fan's create a better atmosphere than any English club.

As for ends going mental it happens on the terraces in lower leagues all the time when they get big games and nobody bats a eyelid

It seems like you keep coming up with your own reasons for why it will fail and changing them when they get shot down.

Guest MattP

You just made that up didn't you, Celtic fans are the most loved fans in Europe they can go anywhere win or lose and never start any trouble, they are a left wing club and twinned with clubs like St Pauli in Germany. 

I have friends who have been going to Celtic Park for years and they are never in trouble.

lol

You might have got away with that quote pre 2000 but you're not getting away with it in this day and age, everyone knows what Celtic are about now thanks to social media. They are scum.

Edited by MattP

Oh. Glad this debate didn't turn into a standard Celtic are great v Celtic are twats argument.

Any move to bring to bring rail seating or terracing back to this island is a positive. Regardless of their politics and stuff, I hope it's a great success there.

Guest MattP

Oh. Glad this debate didn't turn into a standard Celtic are great v Celtic are twats argument.

Any move to bring to bring rail seating or terracing back to this island is a positive. Regardless of their politics and stuff, I hope it's a great success there.

You are correct, last thing I'll say on that side on that of it.

Also hope it's a great success, it's something we could desperately do with again not just because it's a choice a lot of people want but it will go some way to start making the authorites see football fans as normal people again who should be allowed to do what fans of all other sports do watching their teams.

Celtic have announced a return for standing areas at their ground.  Liverpool supporters groups have reacted by urging the public to remember the casualties of the Hillsborough disaster and to appreciate the pain still felt in the city.

In other news, a baker in Preston is celebrating a record breaking sausage roll that measures four metres in length.  Liverpool supporters groups have reacted by urging the public to remember the casualties of the Hillsborough disaster and to appreciate the pain still felt in the city.

• Like 4

lol

You might have got away with that quote pre 2000 but you're not getting away with it in this day and age, everyone knows what Celtic are about now thanks to social media. They are scum.

Well their fans won the FIFA Fair Play award in 2003 so that kinda wipes out your ignorant drivel.

Celtic have announced a return for standing areas at their ground.  Liverpool supporters groups have reacted by urging the public to remember the casualties of the Hillsborough disaster and to appreciate the pain still felt in the city.

In other news, a baker in Preston is celebrating a record breaking sausage roll that measures four metres in length.  Liverpool supporters groups have reacted by urging the public to remember the casualties of the Hillsborough disaster and to appreciate the pain still felt in the city.

lol lol lol 

Nicking that!

Margeret Aspinall, chairperson of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, has protested against standing areas ever being permitted again at top-flight football matches.

“We have seen at Hillsborough what can happen when things go wrong,” said Aspinall., whose son was killed at Hillsborough. “We have come ten steps forward since then and I do not know why anyone would want to go backwards.”

Kenny Dalglish, who was manager of Liverpool the day they played Nottingham Forest in the ill-fated FA Cup semi-final clash at Hillsborough, has also described a return to standing as an “unnecessary risk”.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/celtic-given-go-ahead-for-safe-standing-area-1-3796825

Never ceases to amaze me how many column inches are still given to this ignorance.

The whole point of safe standing is to stop people toppling over each other, it cant happen. its been tested used in germany for a while now, also their fan's create a better atmosphere than any English club.

As for ends going mental it happens on the terraces in lower leagues all the time when they get big games and nobody bats a eyelid

It seems like you keep coming up with your own reasons for why it will fail and changing them when they get shot down.

I don't think you're getting the argument I'm trying to present.

There are people in high places who are ten million percent against safe standing for seemingly no reason. All it will take is for them to see something that isn't really there (a mad celebration being compared to crowd trouble or something) and they will be all over how "dangerous" this is. And it will be gone forever.

I hope it's not I was just pointing out the possibility that it could go that way.

Apples and bowling balls? jesus! The difference between Safe Standing and the old cages in terraces of the pre 90s is so huge they shouldn't even be discussed together. Another reason for me to hate Liverpool seem to think that they should stick their noses in where they don't belong.

The reason 96 people died at hillsborough is because too many people rushed into one pen, many without tickets instead of being diverted to the empty pens, on what planet could their be a disaster like that in a Safe Standing area?

Edited by Freesolo

My understanding is that they have to change the rail back into seats for CL/European games. I think they can only allow standing in Scottish domestic league and cup matches.

Exactly. There are some arseholes in the Green Brigade but there won't/can't be a stampede in that corner if they go 1-0 down to Inverness at home lol 

One incident wouldn't be the end of it at all because the safe standing argument is generally supported by those with common sense and those with common sense wouldn't write it all off and give up over one incident that I'm 99% sure wouldn't be because of the rail seating itself.

One incident wouldn't be the end of it at all because the safe standing argument is generally supported by those with common sense and those with common sense wouldn't write it all off and give up over one incident that I'm 99% sure wouldn't be because of the rail seating itself.

it would if someone tried to overfill it now that they don't have a limit on the amount of people allowed into a stand. one chairman wants to turn a bit more profit sells a few more standing tickets and we are back at at it. safe standing or no. 

it would if someone tried to overfill it now that they don't have a limit on the amount of people allowed into a stand. one chairman wants to turn a bit more profit sells a few more standing tickets and we are back at at it. safe standing or no. 

There is literally no chance in hell a chairman of a football club would over sell a standing area in Britain. come off it

There is literally no chance in hell a chairman of a football club would over sell a standing area in Britain. come off it

Don't be so naive.

True it won't happen in the Premier League, but you could imagine it happening in a derby in the lower leagues or something.

99% sure Bristol rovers recorded an attendance a good few hundred above their stadium capacity a few seasons back in the fa cup. It happens.

Wouldn't at a big club cos they don't need the money probably.

That's the problem with the chairman and it would be even more of a problem in the current seating system.

Honestly, the concept is hard to argue with. I'm not saying it's some magic zone where problems are impossible but I'm yet to see any that come directly due to safe standing rather than someone hypothetically causing an issue in a safe standing area.

I think the days of standing in top flight football is long gone, if you wanna stand at a footy match then pop down to your local non league team ;)

I must've imagined last season then.

Edited by Dan LCFC