Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Need help with computerizing a fundraising idea

Basically, I am running the Edinburgh Marathon in May and I am going to offer £100 of my own hard-earnt to the person who donates £26 (£1 per mile) and correctly guesses my finishing time to the nearest minute. E.g. 3:45 would have been the winning guess from my last race (3:45:38).

I want to advertise this on twitter so I need a system where by people can go to my website and select what time they want and I won't get duplicate "bids" for want of a better word, but also a way of making sure that they have actually donated the cash first?

Can anybody help?

Basically, I am running the Edinburgh Marathon in May and I am going to offer £100 of my own hard-earnt to the person who donates £26 (£1 per mile) and correctly guesses my finishing time to the nearest minute. E.g. 3:45 would have been the winning guess from my last race (3:45:38).

I want to advertise this on twitter so I need a system where by people can go to my website and select what time they want and I won't get duplicate "bids" for want of a better word, but also a way of making sure that they have actually donated the cash first?

Can anybody help?

I can help with your maths. The nearest minute to 3:45:38 is 3:46, not 3:45 :P

have you done many sponsors challenges before?? as not really seen many people giving £26

few times ive sponsored people or donated money on just giving its been £5/£10 and that what i tend to see paid.. ( maybe im just a pauper lol)

could use justgiving to get people to donate, and they have the option to link it to twitter also so could get them to post there guesses when they donate

Thank you both! Kokopops, I knew somebody would point that out! Even though I am sure you know what I mean, think of it as a sort of bet on the time of the first goal sort of thing (in fact, that's where I got the idea). At this time of day I couldn't tank of the right words! ;)

have you done many sponsors challenges before?? as not really seen many people giving £26

few times ive sponsored people or donated money on just giving its been £5/£10 and that what i tend to see paid.. ( maybe im just a pauper lol)

could use justgiving to get people to donate, and they have the option to link it to twitter also so could get them to post there guesses when they donate

Yeah I've raised cash before with JustGiving and that what I'm already using again, I found that some people are willing to give the £1 per mile, especially if there is a chance of reward from it.

The only thing I want to avoid is somebody picking a time and then having to change it due to it already been taken, if there was some sort of live update I could do then that would be better so people could see what times are available....

Archived