Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

One-life Playthroughs

I wanted a new challenge, so today I thought i'd try this on a few of my games, to see far I can get without dying. Apparently some games like Diablo actually have this as a playable setting, but none of the games I own do, so If/When I die, I delete the saved game and create a new one. It's interesting because it makes the game so much more tense when you play, since the consequences of dying are more severe. .

Currently seeing how far I can get on Dark Souls; I am summoning other players for some of the harder bosses, but I'm doing it without grinding and without the cheap drake sword. First attempt I got about 90 minutes in and then awkwardly got stabbed in the back by an enemy I thought I'd killed :(

Going to see how far I can get (let's face it, I'm probably never going to manage DS in one life) and then I might try it on something more manageable, like Borderlands 2. Anyone else ever attempted this?

I done this on Skyrim and really enjoyed it, and like you said it makes the game more tense. It would take me about an hour to go through caves and hideouts, which would normally take about 15 mins if i wasnt being careful. I would be sneaking around every corner, looking for traps and thinking ahead at what i would do before facing an enemy.

I unfortunatley died about three quarters through the game because of trap door, which sounds silly because like i said i would be looking for traps, but it was just a lack of concentration that killed me so i had to delete the save, i was fuming. lol

I aint done another since but i probably give it ago soon maybe on Mass Effect.

I wanted a new challenge, so today I thought i'd try this on a few of my games, to see far I can get without dying. Apparently some games like Diablo actually have this as a playable setting, but none of the games I own do, so If/When I die, I delete the saved game and create a new one. It's interesting because it makes the game so much more tense when you play, since the consequences of dying are more severe. .

Currently seeing how far I can get on Dark Souls; I am summoning other players for some of the harder bosses, but I'm doing it without grinding and without the cheap drake sword. First attempt I got about 90 minutes in and then awkwardly got stabbed in the back by an enemy I thought I'd killed :(

Going to see how far I can get (let's face it, I'm probably never going to manage DS in one life) and then I might try it on something more manageable, like Borderlands 2. Anyone else ever attempted this?

Sounds frustrating, especially on a game like Dark Souls It's hard enough when ur dying every 5 minutes.

Sounds frustrating, especially on a game like Dark Souls It's hard enough when ur dying every 5 minutes.

It's not as bad as it sounds, once you've played through it a few times, though some bosses would be very difficult to do without help.

That being said, there are so many stupid ways you can die if you let your concentration slip.

It's not as bad as it sounds, once you've played through it a few times, though some bosses would be very difficult to do without help.

That being said, there are so many stupid ways you can die if you let your concentration slip.

Try Dead Space 2 on the hardest skill setting. You can only save the game three times as well during a 12 hour play through.

Had major Xbox rage last night, when three hours through my Darksouls playthrough, some other player invaded my world and killed me in one shot with stupidly strong pyromancy that I have no idea how he got by that point........

Try Dead Space 2 on the hardest skill setting. You can only save the game three times as well during a 12 hour play through.

I keep meaning to buy Dead Space 2 - downloaded the demo for #1 and it seemed pretty good.

It's quite easy to get anything at low level. I've been offering every piece of equipment to anybody at any levelyo help them ssh I can't do anymore

Yeah, I think it was Fire Tempest that he used on me, but it was before I'd even got to the gargoyles. Normally I wouldn't mind, but on a one-life game it was so annoying to die like that.

Its fun to play games like this. Its a shame that roguelikes never got the 3d treatment though because playing through linear games multiple times because you died is boring. I did that on skyrim and got killed by a pressure plate trap that activated a weight on a chain. Its funny because i couldn't get myself to die from that in 1 hit again if i tried.

You can skip past quite a few bosses. I'm in anor londo on one playthrough and haven't beat the Taurus demon on the bridge

Do you have loads of equipment you can give me then.

My knight is absloute wank stain I would of thought making a character that was difficult to kill would be good for a new player but turns out they're really hard to play as.

I can give u every piece of equipment I have on multiple level characters including all achievement weapons

Now that would be more than generous.

Any weapons for achievements would be good and you can indeed have most of them back after the Ach has unlocked.

I'm just after the best heavy armour you can spare maybe a decent shield and top notch single handed weapon (currently using drake sword) that Will do me just fine lol.

Archived