Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Form is temporary...

His all round play tonight wasn't bad played some nice balls and won the ball back and have the defenders no time and space, the only complaint tonight was his composure in front of goal, decent effort from a free kick early on but after that miss, which wasn't an easy chance, but he should do better, and if it wasn't for his other misses recently, it would be easier to forgive.

To be honest his confidence just looks shot in front of goal. Which is shame, he was better than Nugent today, but ultimately he failed in what he is supposed to do which is score goals.

lol

lol

He was, his all round play was better. Waghorn missed one chance, but if you're not stupid enough to judge a player on a single chance then looking at the overall contribution of both Waghorn was better. Though still not great.

His all round game was on a par with Nugent's just about. Nugent didn't look fit though.

However Nuge made one superb run and made us a goal, and Waghorn missed a very, very easy chance (again).

He was, his all round play was better. Waghorn missed one chance, but if you're not stupid enough to judge a player on a single chance then looking at the overall contribution of both Waghorn was better. Though still not great.

I'm looking at who's good work put us 1-0 up and who's inability to finish failed to put us 2 up apart from that (which is quite a differnece) there were much of a muchness. Waghorn wasted a lot fo good chances to break Nugent was quiet.

i have said it before and i will say it again.

we have FICKLE fans who slate their own PLAYERS! nobody else does that. did liverpool slate Fernando Torres when he couldnt score and didnt play well for 2 seasons? me thinks not

we have FICKLE fans who slate their own PLAYERS! nobody else does that. did liverpool slate Fernando Torres when he couldnt score and didnt play well for 2 seasons? me thinks not

you never saw they comments on Lucas up to about 2 seasons ago then

waghorn has once again shown he's not good enough yet. Thats two sitters he has missed in the last 2 games. im not saying he doesnt have a future with us, but he needs a loan spell to furthur develop and gain some confidence.

would like to see schupp or futacs given a chance...now that waghorn has not taken his.

WYS

I feel bad for Waggy, mostly because you can see how much who wants to score, and be a good player for us again. Whilst the team is winning I don't see why Pearson shouldn't give players like Waggy a chance. My reason for this is that if we were struggling, then playing Waghorn would be a bad idea, but at present whilst the squad has confidence, it'll only take one chance, one goal, a good game to get his confidence back.

The chance last night wasn't a tap in. The ball was swung in at pace, on his weaker foot and skidded off of a slippery surface. I don't think Nuge/Beckford would have done much better.

I'd give Waghorn an hour on Saturday, let Vardy get back to 100%. If it's not working then Waggy's gonna have to try harder in training, u21s etc.

For now I remain confident that we'll see Waghorn back to his best - last night there were flashes of his old self. The free kick for example was a decent strike. We need to get behind him, and stop these stupid groans whenever he doesn't take it round 4 players, lobbing the keeper and doing a triple summersault for his celebration.

Waghorn has been off the boil for two years! Has he had a good game since his return? No.

He was mildly better than Nugent last night who also gets on me T_ _ _ _* but that doesn't mean he is any good.

He has had enough chances, you only have to look at his shooting in practise to realise these misses aren't one offs or unfortunate mishits!

Do you know what fickle means? He's not played well for 2 1/2 years. I'll still support him 100% but he's just not good enough at the moment.

I agree.

Probably not. I think King will have a poor season and leave and go to someone like Watford in January. Jus sayin

Haha Fernando Torres is not Martyn Waghorn.

To compare the two is just shocking and stupid.

Last night Waghorn did nothing...AGAIN!

And that is all, he has had three starting chances to prove himself, Burton, Birmingham and Brighton and he has probably been one of our worst players in all those games.

If he starts on Saturday he might do incredibly well, as Crystal Palace doesn't start with the letter B.

And that is all, he has had three starting chances to prove himself, Burton, Birmingham and Brighton and he has probably been one of our worst players in all those games.

If he starts on Saturday he might do incredibly well, as Crystal Palace doesn't start with the letter B.

Starts with a C though, could be working his way up the alphabet.

You see this is the attitude that pisses me off, he didn't do nothing, he worked very hard for the team, gave their defence no respite, linked up well with the rest of the team in the first half, won the ball back often, good free kick pushed wide, great cross for Lloyd to head weakly, he did 2 things wrong, which was to snatch at a tough chance, came at him quickly, but in a good position and blast it over, which he needs to be scoring if he is going to make any sort of impact on this team, and had a wild swing at a bouncing ball in the box that kind of went up and backwards.

Also to say he did nothing against Birmingham seems harsh, only had the highlights to go off, but 3 of our chances were Waghorn, one he should have scored, another was a snap shot on the edge of the area and long ranger that was superbly saved.

You see this is the attitude that pisses me off, he didn't do nothing, he worked very hard for the team, gave their defence no respite, linked up well with the rest of the team in the first half, won the ball back often, good free kick pushed wide, great cross for Lloyd to head weakly, he did 2 things wrong, which was to snatch at a tough chance, came at him quickly, but in a good position and blast it over, which he needs to be scoring if he is going to make any sort of impact on this team, and had a wild swing at a bouncing ball in the box that kind of went up and backwards.

Also to say he did nothing against Birmingham seems harsh, only had the highlights to go off, but 3 of our chances were Waghorn, one he should have scored, another was a snap shot on the edge of the area and long ranger that was superbly saved.

Just look at how people rate him.

Him and Nugent did nothing to catch people's attentions last night, Waghorn yes did a couple of things well, but so did Nugent with his great work for our goal yet he played poor for the rest of the game.

He has had very good chances in most of his games this season, but he hasn't took any of them, right this minute he should have about 4-5 goals this season yet he has 0.

You can't overshadow the fact, that he should of scored by now, if you are one on one and trip over the ball like he did against Burnley, how do you expect fans to react, oh Waghorn played well and was unlucky?

No when he does things like that, it makes people get on his back more.

How many chances does he need, has been my question for the past month or so, he hasn't made a real impact in any of the games he has started or made a sub appearance in.

I don't think he should be starting, but he is a good enough back up. You can tell with his shooting that he is dreadfully short of confidence and snapping at every shot going.

But the times where he has a second to think about it, he seems to do alot better, like he free kick and cross to dyer yesterday, or the shot against brum. on anoter day he would had scored both of them and dyer (if he could head a ball) would have scored.

He works his hardest for the team and causes the other team no end of problems, he just needs to regain him composure, which wont come back when people are jumping on his back after on missed shot.

He is still young and Nige obviously see's something in him and I have no reason to doubt Pearsons credentials at spotting talent.

There were more shots than that he sliced one sideways and nearly out for a throw, he delayed two through balls that cost us good positions, and whilst he harried, he also gave away a ton of free kicks for pushing people in the back.

And to be honest if Kasper had let in a free kick like that I'd be distraught.

If your using last night as an example as to why he should be playing that times really are getitng hard.

Just look at how people rate him.

Him and Nugent did nothing to catch people's attentions last night, Waghorn yes did a couple of things well, but so did Nugent with his great work for our goal yet he played poor for the rest of the game.

He has had very good chances in most of his games this season, but he hasn't took any of them, right this minute he should have about 4-5 goals this season yet he has 0.

You can't overshadow the fact, that he should of scored by now, if you are one on one and trip over the ball like he did against Burnley, how do you expect fans to react, oh Waghorn played well and was unlucky?

No when he does things like that, it makes people get on his back more.

How many chances does he need, has been my question for the past month or so, he hasn't made a real impact in any of the games he has started or made a sub appearance in.

Fair comment, and so much different to just saying he has done nothing. I rated him and Nugent as sixes last night, but in the last 2 games Waghorn has got on the end of more chances than Nugent, and looked better all round last night, but Nugent contributed to the goal, and therefore had more impact. Not denying it.

My problem is that people were slagging him off before he got any chances this season, he has barely played any football for 12 months, it looks like he will need a bit more time to get back to his best, whether on loan, or in the reserves, but barring injuries and fitness worries, Vardy and Nugent should start on Saturday, and I would be happy to see Futacs or Schlupp get their chance ahead of Waghorn.

I do think if that chance against Wolves had gone in, then his confidence would have sky rocketed, and the pressure to score would have been lifted and he would have taken one of his other chances this season and we would see him more relaxed and get the best of him.

There were more shots than that he sliced one sideways and nearly out for a throw, he delayed two through balls that cost us good positions, and whilst he harried, he also gave away a ton of free kicks for pushing people in the back.

And to be honest if Kasper had let in a free kick like that I'd be distraught.

If your using last night as an example as to why he should be playing that times really are getitng hard.

He did that twice lol

Archived