Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Form is temporary...

There were more shots than that he sliced one sideways and nearly out for a throw, he delayed two through balls that cost us good positions, and whilst he harried, he also gave away a ton of free kicks for pushing people in the back.

And to be honest if Kasper had let in a free kick like that I'd be distraught.

If your using last night as an example as to why he should be playing that times really are getitng hard.

FFS, how many more times, I am not saying he should be first choice, he gave away a couple of free kicks, but so did everybody the ref was very fussy, he also won the ball back cleanly a number of times, the point is he didn't do nothing, he didn't shy away or hide, I'm not sure about those through balls, but that is not really his game, and I would rather keep possession at 1-0 up than see him try a through ball and lose possession.

FFS, how many more times, I am not saying he should be first choice, he gave away a couple of free kicks, but so did everybody the ref was very fussy, he also won the ball back cleanly a number of times, the point is he didn't do nothing, he didn't shy away or hide, I'm not sure about those through balls, but that is not really his game, and I would rather keep possession at 1-0 up than see him try a through ball and lose possession.

lol alright calm down!

He really wasn't he was actually quite good, as has already been said by someone else can't blame the ref if the players keep fouling each other.

He did try them, half an hour too late, he gave away possesion once, the other he was hacked down thankfully otherwise he'd of given it away again.

Fair comment, and so much different to just saying he has done nothing. I rated him and Nugent as sixes last night, but in the last 2 games Waghorn has got on the end of more chances than Nugent, and looked better all round last night, but Nugent contributed to the goal, and therefore had more impact. Not denying it.

My problem is that people were slagging him off before he got any chances this season, he has barely played any football for 12 months, it looks like he will need a bit more time to get back to his best, whether on loan, or in the reserves, but barring injuries and fitness worries, Vardy and Nugent should start on Saturday, and I would be happy to see Futacs or Schlupp get their chance ahead of Waghorn.

I do think if that chance against Wolves had gone in, then his confidence would have sky rocketed, and the pressure to score would have been lifted and he would have taken one of his other chances this season and we would see him more relaxed and get the best of him.

Fair enough.

But he really needs a goal, things can piss you off when people slag him off, but people also get pissed off for entirely different reason's. He pisses me off because he hasn't offered anything special when given the chance, hasn't took the most of his chances, and should of scored 4-5 goals by now, but has scored 0.

He has looked sharper recently, but still hasn't scored and seems very lost for the majority of games.

Fair enough.

But he really needs a goal, things can piss you off when people slag him off, but people also get pissed off for entirely different reason's. He pisses me off because he hasn't offered anything special when given the chance, hasn't took the most of his chances, and should of scored 4-5 goals by now, but has scored 0.

He has looked sharper recently, but still hasn't scored and seems very lost for the majority of games.

Are you aware of how ridiculous that statement is?

lol alright calm down!

He really wasn't he was actually quite good, as has already been said by someone else can't blame the ref if the players keep fouling each other.

He did try them, half an hour too late, he gave away possesion once, the other he was hacked down thankfully otherwise he'd of given it away again.

Didn't say he was bad, just fussy, other refs would have let the game flow a bit more, but he blew for every little contact, which disrupted the game for both sides.

How many chances does he need, has been my question for the past month or so, he hasn't made a real impact in any of the games he has started or made a sub appearance in.

I remember quite a few people slating Pearson and saying he's done nothing for three years, and that he'd done nothing to improve us last year. So why give him more time.

I remember people slating Morgan and saying we should never have signed him as Forests defence were rubbish and they were in the bottom three. They said he was past it and his good form when they were near the top was a flash in the pan.

I remember people saying Drinkwater was average at best and that they didn't think he'd ever cut the mustard.

I remember people slating King last year and wanting rid of him.

The point I'm making is that sometimes players do lose form, sometimes they lose confidence, and sometimes it can take time to get that back. Some people are quite patient and ask for them to have a real chance, others write them off, sometimes far too quickly.

Waghorn has probably started half a dozen games in over a year (don't know exact stats). With a handful of sub appearances to go with it. He's been injured for an exceptionally long period of time. Almost of long as someone who had done their cruciate. He is only at the very start of his come back.

Yes he has been average so far, yes he has missed a few chances. But he has put himself into some good positions which is a start. As we know from Nugents poor run confidence is key with strikers, it might just take a goal and a bit of confidence for the lad to kick on.

You can't give him unlimited time or chances. Time will tell if he is capable of recapturing his form. But for me it is exceptionally early to be writing someone off. People can scoff at the "excuses" of him playing out wide, or getting 10 minutes here or there. But they are valid. Just as the "excuses" were for giving Pearson, King, Drinkwater, Morgan etc to be given time.

F8cking back to basics mate I tell you, I know I can't shoot at least my shots don't go backwards or sideways.

Haha tell me about it! At least your shots sort of go towards the goal lol

He frustrated the hell out of me too last night. The numerous times when he just blatantly pushed people out the way made me do my nut.

I was going to call him up on that, as it would make him top scorer, but he should have scored against Wolves, and could have against Burnley (not seen the replay), should have at Brum, and Brighton, that makes 4.

The fact that the rest of our strike force tends to be very wasteful in front of goal, doesn't excuse Waghorn. On the plus side he is getting these chances, getting in the right position, but as a striker he needs goals.

He frustrated the hell out of me too last night. The numerous times when he just blatantly pushed people out the way made me do my nut.

That was the ref's fault, fussy apparently, we can add that to ever growing list of Waghorn excuses now, fussy refs.

I was going to call him up on that, as it would make him top scorer, but he should have scored against Wolves, and could have against Burnley (not seen the replay), should have at Brum, and Brighton, that makes 4.

The fact that the rest of our strike force tends to be very wasteful in front of goal, doesn't excuse Waghorn. On the plus side he is getting these chances, getting in the right position, but as a striker he needs goals.

That wouldn't make him our top scorer (Nugent - 5) and unless you expect our third choice striker to score every chance he gets (Or get four goals from two starts and a few substitute appearances) that is a ridiculous statement to make. He could have had four goals in very little match time because he got himself in good position despite getting little game time, he wasted those chances, but to say he should have 4-5 goals is just insane.

Why don't you stop bumming him?

He should of scored against Wolves, Burnley, Birmingham and last night.

It's not ridiculous it's the truth, he should of scored in every single of those games, plus his chances were pretty easy.

Why don't you stop bumming him?

He should of scored against Wolves, Burnley, Birmingham and last night.

It's not ridiculous it's the truth, he should of scored in every single of those games, plus his chances were pretty easy.

I'm not bumming him, you're just being mental again, expecting ridiculous performances from players you dislike (for no reason) and letting players you 'bum' perform poorly without any mention of it. If you think our third choice striker should have 4 goals from 2 starts and a few sub appearances this season, used on the wing for some of that time, then you're a bigger idiot than I thought. He could have had 4 goals, but to say he should have is just ridiculous.

I remember quite a few people slating Pearson and saying he's done nothing for three years, and that he'd done nothing to improve us last year. So why give him more time.

I remember people slating Morgan and saying we should never have signed him as Forests defence were rubbish and they were in the bottom three. They said he was past it and his good form when they were near the top was a flash in the pan.

I remember people saying Drinkwater was average at best and that they didn't think he'd ever cut the mustard.

The point I'm making is that sometimes players do lose form, sometimes they lose confidence, and sometimes it can take time to get that back. Some people are quite patient and ask for them to have a real chance, others write them off, sometimes far too quickly.

Waghorn has probably started half a dozen games in over a year (don't know exact stats). With a handful of sub appearances to go with it. He's been injured for an exceptionally long period of time. Almost of long as someone who had done their cruciate. He is only at the very start of his come back.

Yes he has been average so far, yes he has missed a few chances. But he has put himself into some good positions which is a start. As we know from Nugents poor run confidence is key with strikers, it might just take a goal and a bit of confidence for the lad to kick on.

You can't give him unlimited time or chances. Time will tell if he is capable of recapturing his form. But for me it is exceptionally early to be writing someone off. People can scoff at the "excuses" of him playing out wide, or getting 10 minutes here or there. But they are valid. Just as the "excuses" were for giving Pearson, King, Drinkwater, Morgan etc to be given time.

Good comment as per usual Babylon.

But my opinions on Waghorn won't change unless he bucks up his ideas, and starts playing well.

It's not that his form has dipped recently, he has been poor ever since we signed him permanetly, it's not like he has played well here and there and had a couple of poor performances inbetween. He has been poor in every single game he has started or come on as a sub in the past year or so, the only decent display I can record was against Leeds at the end of last season.

Yes I slated Drinkwater, because he was very inconsistent and was pretty average. This season he has been one of our best players, and I will go close to saying that on current form he is one of the best midfielders in the Npower Championship.

The players you have mentioned in Drinkwater, Morgan and King have all improved pretty rapidly, or in Morgan's case started well ever since we signed him, while Waghorn hasn't improved he has just got worse.

I'm not bumming him, you're just being mental again, expecting ridiculous performances from players you dislike (for no reason) and letting players you 'bum' perform poorly without any mention of it. If you think our third choice striker should have 4 goals from 2 starts and a few sub appearances this season, used on the wing for some of that time, then you're a bigger idiot than I thought. He could have had 4 goals, but to say he should have is just ridiculous.

He should have, simple as that, it's not like his chances were difficult and he had to do a lot of work or they were outside the box.

He was clean through against Wolves hit the post, was clean through against Burnley tripped over the ball, missed a sitter against Birmingham and then skied a great opportunity last night after a brilliant cross.

He should of took all those chances, three were piss easy Mark.

Plus you always stick up for Waghorn, always never say anything bad about him, you liking Captain Shrapnel a rep point over his comments about Waghorn just proves how much you like Waghorn(not in a gay way).

I don't expect amazing performances week in week out from any player, I get pissed off because he hasn't performed well in a Leicester City shirt ever since we signed him on a permanent basis.

Waghorn has done nothing, really feel sorry for Schlupp and Futacs they haven't got a look in this season.

The players you have mentioned in Drinkwater, Morgan and King have all improved pretty rapidly, or in Morgan's case started well ever since we signed him, while Waghorn hasn't improved he has just got worse.

They improved rapidly but they all have a chance to in the team or from the bench. They were all involved in some way, just as Waghorn is now.

Waghorn has been average/poor since he signed. But for a start the majority of that time it was under Sven and Sousa. And quite a lot of players were poor under them who were excellent under Pearson. Lets not forget people were saying the same about Fryatt and Hobbs. And last season many were saying they would take Hobbs back. And Fryatt outscored our strikers in a team notoriously crap at creating chances.

Waghorn has only been back playing under Pearson for us since the last few games of last season after a long injury. We all know Pearson can get the best out of some players that others can't. So I am happy for him to get a decent crack of it again.

I missed this gem

I didn't slag any of them off as you are well aware.

Do you want a list of the players I have slagged off on here

Alan Sheehan, Levi Porter, Elvis Hammond (Ankle), Louis Dodds to name but a simple few

What have they all got in common....

all together now......

Theeeeeey weeereeen't goooood enough.

That was the ref's fault, fussy apparently, we can add that to ever growing list of Waghorn excuses now, fussy refs.

Just to let you know, 2 fouls were given against Waghorn last night, out of 15 given against us in total in what was not a dirty match.

Drinkwater leads the way with 3 fouls, Waggy, Nugent, Konch, Knocky, all gave away 2, and yet it is only Waghorn who gets criticised...

Incidentally he won us 3 free kicks, 2 of them were for shielding the ball well and forcing the defender into taking him out.

They improved rapidly but they all have a chance to in the team or from the bench. They were all involved in some way, just as Waghorn is now.

Waghorn has been average/poor since he signed. But for a start the majority of that time it was under Sven and Sousa. And quite a lot of players were poor under them who were excellent under Pearson. Lets not forget people were saying the same about Fryatt and Hobbs. And last season many were saying they would take Hobbs back. And Fryatt outscored our strikers in a team notoriously crap at creating chances.

Waghorn has only been back playing under Pearson for us since the last few games of last season after a long injury. We all know Pearson can get the best out of some players that others can't. So I am happy for him to get a decent crack of it again.

We will have to wait and see, but so far even under Pearson he has been poor apart from the Leeds game.

Also on your Hobbs comment, I wouldn't of taken him back, never rated Hobbs probably because he liked to play hoof ball like Matt Mills.

Archived