Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MooseBreath

ipad mini

I've been hearing about this concept of an iPad mini for a while, but always assumed it was a wind up designed to mock apple fanbois for their seemingly never ending desire to spend an absolute fortune on very average technology. I mean it had to be a joke. An iPad mini? So an iPhone, without the phone? Surely no-one would ever buy one of these things, would they?

I've been hearing about this concept of an iPad mini for a while, but always assumed it was a wind up designed to mock apple fanbois for their seemingly never ending desire to spend an absolute fortune on very average technology. I mean it had to be a joke. An iPad mini? So an iPhone, without the phone? Surely no-one would ever buy one of these things, would they?

I own one of those... they're called an iPod Touch! :P

The interesting thing about this particular launch is that Apple are following not leading in this market. In some ways a logical additon to the model range, but it is not often that Apple have entered into a market they dismissed not long ago.

It looks as if they're trying to put the brakes on Amazon's tablet sales.

I'd love one for my daughter (3 years old) as she loves my iPod Touch, but it's a bit too small for her to handle well. And I thought the iPad was too expensive... but £269!!?!?!? That's a silly price compared with the competition. :(

iconsex05.gif

imac-2012-xl-thumb-630xauto-23804.jpg

How is that even possible?

I'm guessing they have had to remove the DVD drive?

EDIT: Yes there is no cd/dvd slot. Which is frankly ludicrous at this moment in time. Down the line maybe, but I still receive shit loads of DVD's/ CD's from clients.

More idiot proof, dull, unflexible shite from Apple. Yawn.

Trust me, if you ever have to design something, doing it on a Mac makes the whole process about 1000x better. Sure Windows and PC's are great for tinkering, inputting data, writing documents etc but the shit design that Microsoft implements into just about everything they do, does not breed a nice environment from which to design from.

Selling off the retina ipads released in March for £315. They call them refurbs... we call it clearing stock.

http://store.apple.c...ecialdeals/ipad

Apple are a piss take now. Feels so much more of a money making venture with new models everything every 6 months.

I think it is reflective of the fact they are trying to take on all competitors in all markets at once. The downside of being dominant is everyone attacks you.

I am mildly irriated that 4 months on from buying an iPad3 there is an iPad 4 which is twice as fast. My iPad 3 is still great though, and I think there will be a redesign next year.

Trust me, if you ever have to design something, doing it on a Mac makes the whole process about 1000x better. Sure Windows and PC's are great for tinkering, inputting data, writing documents etc but the shit design that Microsoft implements into just about everything they do, does not breed a nice environment from which to design from.

Oh I like Mac's, totally agree. Was talking about their mobile platform.

If your using a pc thats ten years old yeh, its not like microsoft make the design software is it. Typical fanboy rubbish. Apple products are still overpriced and aimed at people with more money than sense.

If your using a pc thats ten years old yeh, its not like microsoft make the design software is it. Typical fanboy rubbish. Apple products are still overpriced and aimed at people with more money than sense.

If I had to switch on my pc, look at this before I opened up Photoshop every time I'd feel like dousing my eyes with bleach. I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy, I've got a Mac for design work and a PC for any backend stuff, both serve their purpose.

windows8.jpg

The vast majority of design engineers - people who actually design important stuff like buildings and infrastructure - use pcs. Seems like only people who piss around with unimportant things like photographs and logos use macs. That tells me all I need to know tbh.

I take it back your weekday wummery is getting pretty lax too.

If I have to design anything that involves 3D modelling, I'll do it on a PC, anything involving code or any hint of mathematics... PC. If I'm doing the unimportant stuff I'll use a Mac for the same reason I'd sketch in a Moleskin notebook and plot the dimensions of a new hardwood floor in a WHSmith notepad.

If I had to switch on my pc, look at this before I opened up Photoshop every time I'd feel like dousing my eyes with bleach. I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy, I've got a Mac for design work and a PC for any backend stuff, both serve their purpose.

windows8.jpg

What's wrong with that, everything you need in the click of a button lol

Archived