Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CupidStunt

Playing Xbox Games Pre-Release

got this yesterday, Zombies is very different this year, you sort of have objectives to do on sole maps. Campaign is as action packed as ever. and unfortunately servers are not online yet :( basically, same old same old. will probably get stale after a few weeks.

well its not online yet as its not been released, so you are playing a pre-release copied version on your 360 i take it, and if you are running this off your hardrive and go online on the 13th NOV, you WILL get banned

even unplugging your xbox from the internet wont stop this as its date stamped when you played the game

only chance you have is running it from dvd on a offline profile

you have been warned, halo 4 will be the same i guess

well its not online yet as its not been released, so you are playing a pre-release copied version on your 360 i take it, and if you are running this off your hardrive and go online on the 13th NOV, you WILL get banned

even unplugging your xbox from the internet wont stop this as its date stamped when you played the game

Utter Rubbish.

You are a cupid stunt indeed lol

Utter Rubbish.

Just shows what you know about the xbox scene then doesnt it?

Its not on the Abgx database yet which means its not safe and running the game will leave a date stamp hidden on your hardrive, so when you do go "Live" after or on the release date it will know when the game was played (in this case before the game was released), which means you will possibly get a ban

but i am cupidstunt, what the **** do i know

Hmm, let me see, I was hacking dvd-9 PS2 games back in the day for all you numpties to enjoy who know shit about ripping games, so i guess your probably right, i am talking rubbish

Makes no odds to me, i dont go online using illegal games with the 360

Knock yourself out and go try to go online, not that the servers are up and running anyhow, then when they do, see what may happen

Dont go running to mom when you get a perma ban

You are a cupid stunt indeed lol

haha, you must be an expert too i take it? or just someone who follows others lead without knowing wtf they are talking about, what a douch

this will only apply if you are using a illegitimate copy, using a original release (and there are some out there) will be ok, although you may get ban and have to fight to get it unblocked

but hey, go for it, Manwell and Haydos seems to know what they are talking about, so follow their advice and i am sure you will be fine :)

Just shows what you know about the xbox scene then doesnt it?

Its not on the Abgx database yet which means its not safe and running the game will leave a date stamp hidden on your hardrive, so when you do go "Live" after or on the release date it will know when the game was played (in this case before the game was released), which means you will possibly get a ban

but i am cupidstunt, what the **** do i know

Hmm, let me see, I was hacking dvd-9 PS2 games back in the day for all you numpties to enjoy who know shit about ripping games, so i guess your probably right, i am talking rubbish

Makes no odds to me, i dont go online using illegal games with the 360

Knock yourself out and go try to go online, not that the servers are up and running anyhow, then when they do, see what may happen

Dont go running to mom when you get a perma ban

haha, you must be an expert too i take it? or just someone who follows others lead without knowing wtf they are talking about, what a douch

Think I've miss understood what you were saying, If it's a copied version than yes he'll get banned.

If it's a retail disc he's managed to get hold of early he'll be fine.

Although well done the rest of your reply has made you look like an utter tw@t.

this will only apply if you are using a illegitimate copy, using a original release (and there are some out there) will be ok, although you may get ban and have to fight to get it unblocked

but hey, go for it, Manwell and Haydos seems to know what they are talking about, so follow their advice and i am sure you will be fine :)

There's legal copies available though. I didn't read his original post but I assume he has a legal copy, obviously playing illegal versions before release/at any time is likely to get you banned.

i have had a flashed xbox for years, playing every game 1 week early. so that puts a spanner in your theories.

not online you havent, not with the titles we are talking about

only a few titles have been affected and this is one of them

halo 4 will be another

http://www.cinemable...lo-4-48130.html

what MS will do is flag up your console for "possible" mods even if you have a legit copy

its all hit and miss sometimes, depends on what they plan on doing and when they do a wave of banning, and whether some guy in a office is pissed one day.

There seems to be no pattern, but a few got bans for playing older versions of COD,albeit non-legit copies

Until the OP comes back, we dont know

IF its an illegal copy and he/she has tried to access online play and failed, i am pretty sure it result in a ban, time stamps are stored on the nand of the xbox and uploaded to MS when you go "online"to update trophies, stuff like that.

Even playing "offline" mode is risky, as it stores logs of games you have played and achievements

My console is flashed with non ixtreme firmware as i dont use for online gaming, but even with a legit copy online, my console/firmware is so out of date, it will result in a ban

Think I've miss understood what you were saying, If it's a copied version than yes he'll get banned.

If it's a retail disc he's managed to get hold of early he'll be fine.

Although well done the rest of your reply has made you look like an utter tw@t.

Who the fooking hell do you think you are calling me a tw@t?

you my friend are clueless.I very much doubt its a legit copy, only in the usa in the main do you see pre-release copies in circulation and only game testers have them in the main or shops that have no business in selling them

The copy i would bet he has is the pirated copy released via fileshare on the 360

you are the tw@t chump, making comments on a subject you know nothing about, even having a retail copy may still cause issues, and may result in a ban that will need to be overturned by microsoft when you can prove its a retail copy

use the internet to do some research before you make yourself look even more of an idiot commenting on something you clearly have no knowledge of.

you my friend are clueless.I very much doubt its a legit copy, only in the usa in the main do you see pre-release copies in circulation and only game testers have them in the main or shops that have no business in selling them

The copy i would bet he has is the pirated copy released via fileshare on the 360

you are the tw@t chump, making comments on a subject you know nothing about, even having a retail copy may still cause issues, and may result in a ban that will need to be overturned by microsoft when you can prove its a retail copy

use the internet to do some research before you make yourself look even more of an idiot commenting on something you clearly have no knowledge of.

you clearly have no clue what your talking. they are identical to the normal disk, a 100% rip. i have been online for 2 years. played every decent game early except Halo 4 as they have even banned legit gamers.

you clearly have no clue what your talking. they are identical to the normal disk, a 100% rip. i have been online for 2 years. played every decent game early except Halo 4 as they have even banned legit gamers.

OMFG, I give up, your xbox is flashed yes?

download a copy of black ops II and try and play it whilst your xbox is "LIVE"

you lot have no clue, giving advice for people to play pre-release games on a "live" xbox will result in a ban if you say you have tried it, then you are bullshitting, end of

Dont put others consoles and subscriptions at risk with your limited knowledge of the console scene

and for your information they are not identical to a normal disk, they are "pressed", else why would you need to flash your box, what a tit you are

Go back to school, google the internet, read a bit about the xbox scene instead of just downloading illegal games and playing them, then come back and see if you have the same opinion

I was modding and hacking games probably whilst you were in nappies my friend, so dont try and tell me what i do or dont know

oh,and your comment about banning legit games of halo 4, if you knew what you was on about, you would know that it was a banning glitch and those accounts that are legit have all been re-instated, those that are not, have been banned for life

OMFG, I give up, your xbox is flashed yes?

download a copy of black ops II and try and play it whilst your xbox is "LIVE"

you lot have no clue, giving advice for people to play pre-release games on a "live" xbox will result in a ban if you say you have tried it, then you are bullshitting, end of

Dont put others consoles and subscriptions at risk with your limited knowledge of the console scene

and for your information they are not identical to a normal disk, they are "pressed", else why would you need to flash your box, what a tit you are

Go back to school, google the internet, read a bit about the xbox scene instead of just downloading illegal games and playing them, then come back and see if you have the same opinion

I was modding and hacking games probably whilst you were in nappies my friend, so dont try and tell me what i do or dont know

oh,and your comment about banning legit games of halo 4, if you knew what you was on about, you would know that it was a banning glitch and those accounts that are legit have all been re-instated, those that are not, have been banned for life

oh dear, that has to be the funniest thing i have read in a while. the fact is i have been ONLINE for a long time. the only way i will be banned is if i use a dodgy copy of a game, or Microsoft update their disk security and have a ban wave again, which i doubt, as the last time i did it they lost a lot of money.

just give it a rest, and stop trying to act as though you know what your talking about, as the simple fact is you don't. Heres a little experiment, I've been on Black Ops since Monday. its now friday and guess what? no ban.

lol Look at how you're acting you self rightious goon even if your correct it's quite easy to say your are making yourself look like a tw@t as you are, Show a bit of decorum, modding and copying games does not make you clever so please stop boasting, it makes you a computer nerd with a small penis and a big E-ego and not a lot more going for you. I apologise for my lack of knowledge of "the scene" clearly you are well into it, please show pity on us lesser beings who are unfortuante enough to have lives getting in the way of us knowing everything about the xbox 360 lol.

Any wya back on subject, as I've already said I miss understood your main point, although you are wrong it is very easy to get hold retail games early, There is a game shop round where we live who basically makes it's living from selling games early at inflated prices. I had Gears of War 3 a week and a half before it was out, completley illegal but it's the only way it can compete with the super markets. Myself and about 10 people on my friends list were playing Halo pre Tuesday, and you seem to think it's impossible to play early without getting a ban, and guess how many have got bans?? If your playing a game a month early and it's pirated yes you will get a ban if your playing the retail game a few days before release you will be fine in most cases, I understand they accidently banned a few people playing Halo but that'll prolly be a one off and it wasn't everyone, evidentally otherwise I'd be banned!

I wouldn't reccomend playing any pirate games on a Xbox online pre realease or not, it'd be extremly stupid. Microsoft are very good at counter piracy

lol Look at how you're acting you self rightious goon even if your correct it's quite easy to say your are making yourself look like a tw@t as you are, Show a bit of decorum, modding and copying games does not make you clever so please stop boasting, it makes you a computer nerd with a small penis and a big E-ego and not a lot more going for you. I apologise for my lack of knowledge of "the scene" clearly you are well into it, please show pity on us lesser beings who are unfortunate enough to have lives getting in the way of us knowing everything about the xbox 360 lol.

Any wya back on subject, as I've already said I miss understood your main point, although you are wrong it is very easy to get hold retail games early, There is a game shop round where we live who basically makes it's living from selling games early at inflated prices. I had Gears of War 3 a week and a half before it was out, completley illegal but it's the only way it can compete with the super markets. Myself and about 10 people on my friends list were playing Halo pre Tuesday, and you seem to think it's impossible to play early without getting a ban, and guess how many have got bans?? If your playing a game a month early and it's pirated yes you will get a ban if your playing the retail game a few days before release you will be fine in most cases, I understand they accidently banned a few people playing Halo but that'll prolly be a one off and it wasn't everyone, evidentally otherwise I'd be banned!

I wouldn't reccomend playing any pirate games on a Xbox online pre realease or not, it'd be extremly stupid. Microsoft are very good at counter piracy

me a nerd, lmfao, you are the one with 20k+ posts in one forum, i am far from a computer nerd, I know a bit about console modding, so what?, it dont make a geek

you said what i was talking about was utter rubbish, which in my book, indicates you imply you know what you are talking about, what an egg

@Dorset

so you have been online with black ops' yet????

Its not released, so MS wont introduced a security check yet, but when the do, the nand on the xbox stores what games you have been playing and whenm as this is how they update what trophies you have won.

Saying there is No risk of getting banned playing copied games pre-release is just pure and utter stupid.If you have a legit copy, then your good to go, but from what i understand the servers are not up and running just yet?

the only way to be safe is to ensure the xbox is not connected to the internet pre-release, as like i said, even after playing, then re-connecting this updates your profile to MS.

I am not disputing illegal games cannot be played online, but there are specific games that attract more attention to MS than others, and this is one of them

you all might aswell contact the author of this piece and tell him he is full of shit

http://www.digitaltr.../#ixzz2BU5V0aFd

me a nerd, lmfao, you are the one with 20k+ posts in one forum, i am far from a computer nerd, I know a bit about console modding, so what?, it dont make a geek

you said what i was talking about was utter rubbish, which in my book, indicates you imply you know what you are talking about, what an egg

@Dorset

Its not released, so MS wont introduced a security check yet, but when the do, the nand on the xbox stores what games you have been playing and whenm as this is how they update what trophies you have won.

Saying there is No risk of getting banned playing copied games pre-release is just pure and utter stupid.If you have a legit copy, then your good to go, but from what i understand the servers are not up and running just yet?

the only way to be safe is to ensure the xbox is not connected to the internet pre-release, as like i said, even after playing, then re-connecting this updates your profile to MS.

I am not disputing illegal games cannot be played online, but there are specific games that attract more attention to MS than others, and this is one of them

you all might aswell contact the author of this piece and tell him he is full of shit

As I've said I thought you were slating him for having a retail copy (which is more than possible)

I would wager about 95% of those posts have been during the hours of 9-5 Mon-Fri, over more than 7 years, when I've been being paid for the pleasure. but let's say I did make 20,000 posts in my own time over a short period of time, I would still say I was less than a computer geek than someone who could come out with the following sentence and keep a straight face lol

I was modding and hacking games probably whilst you were in nappies my friend, so dont try and tell me what i do or dont know (lol:appl: willy puller!)

Still as it seems we never disagreed in the first place I will say I believe you to be correct and I do believe Mr Dorset will end up with a ban.

@Dorset

hahahahahahaha you clearly have no clue how it works. you think they only do security checks on release date, jesus i cant even be bothered to respond to you anymore.

i didnt say there is no chance of getting banned.

looks like your just looking for a argument which im not going to grant you.

Lets wrap this up then as its getting boring

@Dorsetfox

Is your copy legit? if so, prove it

i didnt say there is no chance of getting banned.

No you didnt, but you was trying to imply what i was talking about is total nonsense, which clearly i think you know is not true, you have probably been googling the net,and found out a few things and finding out a few users have been banned already.

for anyone else

Q.Does Playing a game pre-release or not stores info on the xbox's nand?

A.yes

Q.What does this mean?

A.It means MS know what games you have been playing and when

Q.When you connect to XBL does your profile get updated?

A.yes

Q.Do we think MS will be checking whether or not non authorised players of the game have done this pre-release?

A.yes

Q.Will this result in a ban if my copy isnt legit?

A.Probably, all you cn say is its not 100% safe

Is there anyway around this?

A.Safest way is to run Dual nand RGH, one for offline for back ups, the other for online with legit games

Q.What is dual nand?

A.It turns your console into 2 types, so you get a rgh/jtag console and a normal one

Q.what if i play a legit copy pre-release

A.Its more than likely to be safe

Q.I have played a downloaded copy of this game pre-release, should i be worried?

A.Yes

If you dont believe this this then go for it, playing an illegal copy of this stature pre-release date is just plain crazy

@Manwell

Utter Rubbish.

As I've said I thought you were slating him for having a retail copy (which is more than possible)

I would wager about 95% of those posts have been during the hours of 9-5 Mon-Fri, over more than 7 years, when I've been being paid for the pleasure. but let's say I did make 20,000 posts in my own time over a short period of time, I would still say I was less than a computer geek than someone who could come out with the following sentence and keep a straight face lol

Still as it seems we never disagreed in the first place I will say I believe you to be correct and I do believe Mr Dorset will end up with a ban.

come off it, you started by saying i was talking utter rubbish, check my first post, i clearly mention and implied he was playing a copied version, and he hasnt denied it, and from his other posts, thats exactly what he is talking about.

anyways, i dont want to argue about, but yes, i do know a bit about console modding, but it dont make me a fooking nerd, far from it and maybe i got a bit too defensive and went of on a tangent, so i apologise for that

@Dorsetfox

No you didnt, but you was trying to imply what i was talking about is total nonsense, which clearly i think you know is not true, you have probably been googling the net,and found out a few things and finding out a few users have been banned already.

for anyone else

A.yes

Q.What does this mean?

A.yes

Q.Do we think MS will be checking whether or not non authorised players of the game have done this pre-release?

A.yes

A.Safest way is to run Dual nand RGH, one for offline for back ups, the other for online with legit games

Q.What is dual nand?

A.It turns your console into 2 types, so you get a rgh/jtag console and a normal one

Q.I have played a downloaded copy of this game pre-release, should i be worried?

A.Yes

If you dont believe this this then go for it, playing an illegal copy of this stature pre-release date is just plain crazy

@Manwell

come off it, you started by saying i was talking utter rubbish, check my first post, i clearly mention and implied he was playing a copied version, and he hasnt denied it, and from his other posts, thats exactly what he is talking about.

anyways, i dont want to argue about, but yes, i do know a bit about console modding, but it dont make me a fooking nerd, far from it and maybe i got a bit too defensive and went of on a tangent, so i apologise for that

you really are a plank. what dont you understand when i say i have had the same Xbox for 2 years, played Black Ops 1, and MW3 early along with most other high profile game, only one i haven't done is Halo and thats because even legit copies have been banned, which is ridiculous.

@Dorsetfox

for anyone else

A.yes

Q.What does this mean?

A.yes

A.yes

Q.What is dual nand?

A.Yes

@Manwell

Yeah I know as I've said about 4 times I miss read it, my bad, I thought you said if you play it pre release.

Why don't we all come back in a week and see if he's been banned lol?

Archived