Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

iPads

New iPad 3 launching tonight.

From what the rumours say it's the iPad that iPad2 should have been when I was in the market to buy one. Decent processor, iPhone 4 retina display - but I'm betting it comes with a daft price tag so I can't see me bothering.

Anyone planning on trading up?

I was in the market for a 2 then I heard the rumours, so didn't get one in the end

Knowing apple it will be a tasty bit of kit, but as you say it's all about price really and if I justify it to myself

With apple rumours you never really know until it turns up on launch day

I've got an Acer Iconia tab A500 (android :D) however I'm very interested to see what Apple has to offer. To be honest though if I ever did want to get rid of my A500 it probably be for an Ipad 2, rumour has it they will drop in price. But I'll definately be keeping an eye on proceedings.

Launching tonight.

From what the rumours say it's the iPad that iPad2 should have been when I was in the market to buy one. Decent processor, iPhone 4 retina display - but I'm betting it comes with a daft price tag so I can't see me bothering.

Anyone planning on trading up?

Regarding price, numerous reports suggest it will have exactly the same price tag as the iPad 2, hence the price drop of the 2 itself.

I've got an Acer Iconia tab A500 (android :D) however I'm very interested to see what Apple has to offer. To be honest though if I ever did want to get rid of my A500 it probably be for an Ipad 2, rumour has it they will drop in price. But I'll definately be keeping an eye on proceedings.

heard that as well but can't see apple ever doing that, they have always been a brand that sells a premium product at a premium price and it seems to be working for them

I was looking at other tablets - but having the phone and the MBP it's all about seamless integration for me. Damn them, their products are like crack - I don't want to succumb but I can feel the draw already.

Maybe I can persuade my accountant that having one is in the best interests of my incredibly low-turnover business?! :D

I was looking at other tablets - but having the phone and the MBP it's all about seamless integration for me. Damn them, their products are like crack - I don't want to succumb but I can feel the draw already.

Maybe I can persuade my accountant that having one is in the best interests of my incredibly low-turnover business?! :D

lol My A500 cost me £299 for the 32gb version. But as you say, you seem to be addicted to Apple.

Commodore Amiga :wub:

I'm an Apple fan, but I don't see the appeal of getting an iPad.

Too many nerds on public transportation using them these days already.

Having said that, our assistant director on the last short movie I worked on made it look real practical when he edited the call sheet for each new day on that machine.

From a live blog of the launch.

18.54 Epic's Mike Capp says the new iPad has more memory and better screen resolution than the Xbox 360 or the PS3.

Well its not hard considering the PS3 and Xbox 360 don't have screens :ph34r:

I have an ipad2 got it just after Christmas and it is amazing. It is great on the internet and some of the apps you can get now are awesome. The Photoshop app is very good and easy to use, sky go is great when the misses is watch some junk on the telly so I can still watch the football. I will not be upgrading though no way near enough changes for me to even think about it. Ok they have put in a new screen but who cares the human eye inst powerful enough to see the difference and the ipad 2 screen is about 1000 times clearer that a normal HD TV anyway. It now has a 5mp camera?? I cant see when you would need your ipad to take a picture, if you know you need to take a picture while your out then you would have a camera with you, and if you didnt have a camera your camera phone would take just as good or if not better picture than your ipad anyway! so to sum up new processor, new camera, new screen resolution but no new battery = shorter battery life that the 2.

Archived