Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

iPads

i hate people that say people only buy the ipad for the apple logo, the ipad is pretty much floorless I really was against them until i had to start working with one for work, now I couldn't live without it. The Nexus maybe cheaper but there no way as good, there isnt anything you cant do on an ipad that you can do on any others.

So in answer to your question if you can afford it buy the ipad you will not be disappointed.

I've already got a computer

You asked about value for money, but you're ruling out any other tablet than the most expensive one on the market. Decent apps available but nothing much better than Android equivalents, plus you're very limited with customisation on the iPad.

Nexus 7 seems very highly rated in the value for money department it seems. If I was to get an iPad I'd probably go for an older one as the newer ones seem to be £400/£500. To be honest if you afford that then you might as well go for the iPad 4.

Spending £400 on an iPad seems ridiculous to me. You could buy a bloody computer for that and you won't use it nearly as much as you think you will. Not worth the investment imo.

I have a laptop for work, a laptop for home, a desktop for home and an iPad.

I use the iPad everyday.

Enough said.

As for getting an iPad 2 because it is cheaper, I wouldn't bother. Get an iPad 3 on finance, set aside the money you have for the iPad 2 and over 6 months save the rest until the payment scheme is due.

Simple.

As for a case, type in "Tecknet case" on amazon and voila, you have an iPad case for under a tenner.

Simples!

When a referee becomes a fanboi you really know it's all over. Apple have been crap for years, living off a reputation developed by hipster nancy boys with no friends who were desperate for something which made them feel superior. Take 50%-60% from their prices and you have something approaching value for money.

Fan boy? lol What are you 12 coining the phrase fan boy at people. I make my own decision what I want based on researching the different products beforehand. I prefer Windows to OS X.

Apple have been crap for years, living off a reputation developed by / with no friends who were desperate for something which made them feel superior. Take 50%-60% from their prices and you have something approaching value for money.

While I completely agree with you about value for money, I recently HAD to invest in a MacBook to do college work at home (I needed LogicPro) and they are wonderful pieces of technology. The cooling on the MacBook's is far better and quieter than any other laptop I've used.

that said iPhone's and iPad's don't seem worth it, better products on the market.

I'd get something other than an iPad as many have suggested.

I like the idea of a iPad.

I have everything set up with iTunes, have and iPhone so when looking at tablets an iPad would be the only tablet i'd entertain getting.

However, I have a perfectly good working laptop, like I say I have an iPhone - Which is a small iPad, so why do I really need an iPad?

Then again i'd probably still want a laptop/desktop to store music on (By using CD's that I have) e.t.c.

I've seen 10% off in Comet - Thats probably the cheapest you're going to get one, as Apple like a standard price across the board, I'm tempted.

Another thing is i'd buy the iPad 2 because imo there doesn't seem to be much difference between the iPad 2 and the new iPad (Similar to there not being much difference imo between the iPhone 4/4S/5) - But i'd want a 32GB I reckon and you can only get a 16GB iPad 2.

I like the idea of a iPad.

I have everything set up with iTunes, have and iPhone so when looking at tablets an iPad would be the only tablet i'd entertain getting.

However, I have a perfectly good working laptop, like I say I have an iPhone - Which is a small iPad, so why do I really need an iPad?

Then again i'd probably still want a laptop/desktop to store music on (By using CD's that I have) e.t.c.

I've seen 10% off in Comet - Thats probably the cheapest you're going to get one, as Apple like a standard price across the board, I'm tempted.

Another thing is i'd buy the iPad 2 because imo there doesn't seem to be much difference between the iPad 2 and the new iPad (Similar to there not being much difference imo between the iPhone 4/4S/5) - But i'd want a 32GB I reckon and you can only get a 16GB iPad 2.

This, I wanted to know if there's much point getting the newest model and the iPad 2

From a Mac website....

While it’s still an impressive device, Apple presented it as the new state-of-the-art in the small tablet space – but it’s not. The Nexus 7 offers a higher-resolution display and superior hardware, which most would consider key points for a tablet.

What’s more, it offers those advantages while costing less, when similarly equipped. (16GB storage, Wi-Fi only.) To many users, Apple’s superior app ecosystem and stylish design will be worth the extra dough and 18-month-old internals. However, the company can’t really be said to have conquered the small tablet market with cheaper, more powerful rivals like the Nexus 7 already in place.

http://www.macworld.com.au/blogs/ipad-mini-vs-nexus-7-a-head-to-head-tablet-comparison-77594/

And yet, people will still say buy an iPad. I accept that those who have already been sucked into the evil world of Apple and its proprietary apps (itunes etc) will find it difficult to escape their clutches. But from my, albeit limited, research the Apple products are not better (and lets be honest, who knows how much more reliable etc they could be..as Apple produces a new version every 2nd wednesday) and offer less...all at a greater price.

People need to talk in numbers, and this hardly ever happens.

I just got a Windows phone as I was impressed with the interface. The phone's pretty powerful and is plenty fast with crisp graphics but looking at the App store, there's bugger all in the way of games/apps! It could probably run games like GTA III with ease (which I'd snap up in a jiffy) but seriously, the best game on this that I've found so far is 3D Paperball. A game where you toss a paper ball into a bin around a 3D office. Can't even find a decent alternative browser to the built-in Internet Explorer

Developers and publishers know to focus on developing for Apple as their products will sell, and they don't have to worry about differing specs, which is why the good games on Android are only available for the top spec phones/tablets.

And Apple can charge what they want for their products - their image is generally thought of as a quality brand, and their marketing skills are impeccable. Add this to the fact that they get all the best apps/games first, and they'll continue to sell in massive numbers, regardless of the lower specification/higher price against competition.

This, I wanted to know if there's much point getting the newest model and the iPad 2

Well if a 16GB would suffice for you I'd go for the iPad 2 because like I say IMO there doesn't seem much difference between the new iPad and the iPad 2, but I personally would want more than 16GB, I'd want a 32GB I reckon so would have to go for the new iPad as they don't make iPad 2's bigger than 16GB.

If anyone could say whether there is much difference between the new iPad and the iPad 2 and sell it to me more it'd be welcomed.

The screen is better.

Apart from that I haven't a clue.

Tbh, you switch it on, it takes mere seconds and it works. Straight away. All this without having to faff about with drivers, directx and the dreaded blue screen.

It's great in France when sitting outside a bar with a beer in one hand and the iPad in the other as well.

Archived