Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

iPads

Thing is that comment applies to this forum all over, not just people getting their high horse of Apple v Android.

Don't get me wrong this is a forum, it's for discussion and debate but alot of people struggle with discussion, debate and accepting other peoples opinions, it always ends up in an argument, slagging off someone or something, I suppose it shows how strongly some people feel on certain subject and have strong opinions, but it always seems that there must be a wrong or right opinion, now one can have an opinion on something there must be a right answer, there must be a 'winner' and no other opinion or view on a matter is valid.

Just been looking and I though they only did a 16gb iPad mini - They do a 32gb too (And a 64gb), so does anyone know, is it as simple as the iPad mini being smaller compared to and iPad? And how much smaller is the iPad mini, because i've been told the screen isn't actually all that much smaller than the normal iPad apparently they have just slimmed the screen surround. Really I need to go to a shop and decide myself but if anyone on here knows and could advise abit more that'd be great!

It's about 2/3 of the size of the iPad. Would rather have the new iPad retina if i was you.

I am not convinced the screen on the ipad mini is worth the cash. Non HD is just annoying. I know they wanted to retain the resolution of the iPad 2 so they were not introducing another resolution for app designers, but still.

Thing is that comment applies to this forum all over, not just people getting their high horse of Apple v Android.

Don't get me wrong this is a forum, it's for discussion and debate but alot of people struggle with discussion, debate and accepting other peoples opinions, it always ends up in an argument, slagging off someone or something, I suppose it shows how strongly some people feel on certain subject and have strong opinions, but it always seems that there must be a wrong or right opinion, now one can have an opinion on something there must be a right answer, there must be a 'winner' and no other opinion or view on a matter is valid.

Just been looking and I though they only did a 16gb iPad mini - They do a 32gb too (And a 64gb), so does anyone know, is it as simple as the iPad mini being smaller compared to and iPad? And how much smaller is the iPad mini, because i've been told the screen isn't actually all that much smaller than the normal iPad apparently they have just slimmed the screen surround. Really I need to go to a shop and decide myself but if anyone on here knows and could advise abit more that'd be great!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I do like to read a bitchy iPad thread in the morning! Makes me laugh. People get so irate! You either value beautiful original design, the whole eco-system that is the apple app sutie, and the simplicity of it all, or you don't. Or you would value that but canot afford it. If you are happy to reward companies which copy rather than innovate, allow you lots of freedom to piss around but are not going to give you a great environment, and prefer that, then go android. Simple. This is like arguing over which coffee tastes better, and getting irate that other people don't agree.

Personally like Apple and am not really interested in tinkering, but am rather glad overall that there is stiff competition, becuase that is what has given us these amazing products. No way would any one company have driven this level of improvement in recent years.

Absolutely. We are all free to buy whichever we choose, providing we can afford it (and justify the cost to the other half!) and yet some people seem to take offence that others disagree with their own personal tastes.

Live and let live (and buy an iPad)

I do like to read a bitchy iPad thread in the morning! Makes me laugh. People get so irate! You either value beautiful original design, the whole eco-system that is the apple app sutie, and the simplicity of it all, or you don't. Or you would value that but canot afford it. If you are happy to reward companies which copy rather than innovate, allow you lots of freedom to piss around but are not going to give you a great environment, and prefer that, then go android. Simple. This is like arguing over which coffee tastes better, and getting irate that other people don't agree.

Personally like Apple and am not really interested in tinkering, but am rather glad overall that there is stiff competition, becuase that is what has given us these amazing products. No way would any one company have driven this level of improvement in recent years.

I know what you are saying, what frustrates me is when people won't give credit where it is due, I am genuinely curious about how the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 stacks up against the ipad, it has features I have never seen before on any other tablet, but just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean the ipad doesn't have it, but no ipad users will say whether the multi screen and multi tasking capability of the Galaxy can be done with an ipad, which I presume means it can't, but I don't see why it is such a big deal to admit the Galaxy has a feature that the ipad doesn't.

Apple was the originator of these tablets, but I don't see any real improvement in one from the next except for making it faster, brighter, clearer more storage etc.

There doesn't seem to be much thought in how to improve the user experience.

Pleased, and surprised, to say that I got an iPad for Christmas today. Better than I imagined, I mean, I'm sat here posting this now, easily browse the Internet etc. obviously I can do that on my iPhone but it doesn't match the quality. This iPad will probably replace my laptop as well.

Pleased, and surprised, to say that I got an iPad for Christmas today. Better than I imagined, I mean, I'm sat here posting this now, easily browse the Internet etc. obviously I can do that on my iPhone but it doesn't match the quality. This iPad will probably replace my laptop as well.

Nice Xmas present.

Make sure you download Appsfire deals which gives you the best free apps on offer at the mo.

If you're into RPGs/dungeon crawlers like Diablo, ORC is currently free. Aralon was too last week - wow type game, single player though.

Nice Xmas present.

Make sure you download Appsfire deals which gives you the best free apps on offer at the mo.

If you're into RPGs/dungeon crawlers like Diablo, ORC is currently free. Aralon was too last week - wow type game, single player though.

Is there an Android equivalent for that?

Yeah, I got that appsfire, cheers for that. Also, downloaded sky go (good app, just watched the Liverpool game) but can't seem to log out. Apparently it's "designed that way", but surely it's downloading data?dont like the idea of not logging out.

On mine right now. It's brilliant I love it.

Same, and I'm listening to some Beatles :D I never expected the quality to be this good though. Very imprssed, and very satisfied, as I always am with products designed/created by Apple. Top company.

Get Orc Vengeance while it is free.

It's a very solid dungeon crawler and plays a lot like Diablo/Torchlight.

Although you can buy upgrades in game there doesn't seem to be a need to as the difficulty is well balanced.

One of the worst for in app purchases is Tesla Wars. Decent until level 20 and then an impossibility without shelling out some cash.

Can't complain when it's free.

Get Into the Dead as well. Top game. Very addictive. Try and beat 3580m distance. lol.

Same, and I'm listening to some Beatles :D I never expected the quality to be this good though. Very imprssed, and very satisfied, as I always am with products designed/created by Apple. Top company.

Love it. Never going on my iPhone indoors again. Screen is so good.. Just watched coronation street on catchup.

Can you do tethering on the Galaxy? I've got an iPad mini which obviously doesn't have 3g, but I'm on the One Plan with Three and I get unlimited data and there's no charge for tethering to the iPad or any other devices.

It's really good, I do it via Bluetooth - I just set up a connection between my phone and the iPad and I can access my 3g on there, no problems. Good for reading the paper and browsing this place on the train to work in the morning!

Ive got the Galaxy tab 2 7". Brilliant bit of kit, and yes, Tethering is available :thumbup:

Bad times! Cracked the screen on my iPad on Christmas day. Don't know how it happened - it was in my bag and when I took it out there was a massive spider web shaped crack across the whole screen! Luckily, I am covered on my home contents insurance so should get a replacement, although got to stump up £50 excess. If you get one of these things make sure you're covered because they're bloody expensive to replace. I also found out that covering it through your home insurance is much cheaper than dedicated iPad insurance. I got all of my personal possessions covered against damage, theft and loss for £25 extra on my normal insurance.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad times! Cracked the screen on my iPad on Christmas day. Don't know how it happened - it was in my bag and when I took it out there was a massive spider web shaped crack across the whole screen! Luckily, I am covered on my home contents insurance so should get a replacement, although got to stump up £50 excess. If you get one of these things make sure you're covered because they're bloody expensive to replace. I also found out that covering it through your home insurance is much cheaper than dedicated iPad insurance. I got all of my personal possessions covered against damage, theft and loss for £25 extra on my normal insurance.

Ouch! I've got mine insured with protectyourbubble, it's only a fiver a month, with an extra quid a month for accidental damage a month. I don't have dedicated home insurance as I live in rented accommodation at the minute and, to be honest, I don't have a lot of stuff worth insuring! The only things I'd have to stump up for would be a new laptop, telly or ps3 and that's about it. it's worth running the risk and not shelling out for insurance for me, so the individual iPad cover is a pretty good deal.

Ive got the Galaxy tab 2 7". Brilliant bit of kit, and yes, Tethering is available :thumbup:

I blood love tethering. I use it all the time with my iPad now, barely ever use my iPhone for browsing the web etc unless I'm out and about and it's not convenient to get the iPad out.

I blood love tethering. I use it all the time with my iPad now, barely ever use my iPhone for browsing the web etc unless I'm out and about and it's not convenient to get the iPad out.

What is tethering?

What is tethering?

It's where you connect your iPad/tablet to your phone via bluetooth or wifi to allow the tablet to yuse your phone's 3g internet. So it's very handy if you have a tablet which is wifi only:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tethering

You have to be careful though, as some mobile networks charge for it, I'm with Three on the One Plan and it's free on that, so it's ideal for me.

It's where you connect your iPad/tablet to your phone via bluetooth or wifi to allow the tablet to yuse your phone's 3g internet. So it's very handy if you have a tablet which is wifi only:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tethering

You have to be careful though, as some mobile networks charge for it, I'm with Three on the One Plan and it's free on that, so it's ideal for me.

Any chance you know whether it charges you if you're on Orange/EE?

Any chance you know whether it charges you if you're on Orange/EE?

It shouldn't charge you except for data, it doesn't on giff gaff, unless they suspect you are tethering and downloading movies and shit, which people did on their cheap unlimited data goody bag and made unlimited data more expensive for everyone, selfish greedy cvnts.

Archived