Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

iPads

It shouldn't charge you except for data, it doesn't on giff gaff, unless they suspect you are tethering and downloading movies and shit, which people did on their cheap unlimited data goody bag and made unlimited data more expensive for everyone, selfish greedy cvnts.

cheers pal.

Love mine, part of me wishes I'd waited for the mini 2 which will have Retina display but its not that different

I love it, no doubt, but like you say the 2 will be better, that's just the way it is I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that whenever anyone buys an Apple product they wish they had held on til the next one comes out??

I'm not wishing :P, it's just the inevitability that within a month of buying one thing the newer version comes out.

• 10 months later...

Soooooo, yes, almost 2 years on I am still in diliberation about an iPad lol

I like the iPad Air, I like the fact you can have the option of WiFi or WiFi AND Cellular (Or has this always been the case :unsure:?). But do I really need the cellular option? It's an extra £100 which I do have but will I ever need Cellular, doe it warrant the extra £100? If I use it when I go abroad surely roaming cost's will be outragous anyway? Then again it'd be nice to have the option, right?

I am warming to the idea of an iPad though, slowly, as 2 years on is showing lol

I havE an iPad air. I am using it as I type.

Mines 64gb wifi as I felt wherever I go I can access wifi. Never see the need for using it in the street etc via 3G and £100 is a huge amount.

Very quick, easy to use and it has fm handheld which is great to pass the time. I never use my laptop anymore

Just bought a samsung galaxy tab 3 8" as a backup to the ipad. Tbh, I think this is better than the ipad simply because of the price. Mind you it was cheaper before the boxing day sales, 179 from currys, matching the amazon price.

Now that android is catching up, I would seriously consider a cheaper alternative. Ipads are overpriced.

Edit: amazon are now doing the galaxy tab 3 8" for 150. Absolute bargain. Get one of those.

iPad's are nice but they don't allow you to add extra memory and they are incompatible with pretty much everything except the Apple stuff that they want you to buy. I would recommend Android, as said above, the galaxy tab looks like the best on the market at the moment.

Soooooo, yes, almost 2 years on I am still in diliberation about an iPad lol

I like the iPad Air, I like the fact you can have the option of WiFi or WiFi AND Cellular (Or has this always been the case :unsure:?). But do I really need the cellular option? It's an extra £100 which I do have but will I ever need Cellular, doe it warrant the extra £100? If I use it when I go abroad surely roaming cost's will be outragous anyway? Then again it'd be nice to have the option, right?

I am warming to the idea of an iPad though, slowly, as 2 years on is showing lol

It depends whether or not you'll be using your ipad where you can't get wifi, ie is it for work when you're out on site somewhere?

If not and the only time you'll be using it is at home, mates house, coffee shop etc then just get a wifi model.

As others have said you can use your phones 3G as a hotspot if you have it in your package, about a fiver more a month I think.

Out and about though, my I phone 5 is more than enough if I ever want to go online.

I have a third generation ipad, but if I was buying now I would be tempted to go for a mini with retina display. 32gb for the same price as an ipad air 16 gb. Both have the same chip, camera etc but you get twice the memory for the sake of a slightly smaller screen.

Archived