Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Palpitations...

Any one get 'em? I've had an anxiety issue for years now. It comes and goes in terms of harshness. But tonight I've had palpitations all night!

Anyone got any coping strategies?! ...stick the football on wont work :(

You should see your doctor asap....

My Mrs had the same problem and it turned out that she had arrhythmia http://www.medicinen...at/article.htm.. It used to paralyze her for a day or two after an attack, but shes been ok since the op.

Cut the caffeine out... no coffee, energy drinks or chocolate.

You should see your doctor asap....

My Mrs had the same problem and it turned out that she had arrhythmia http://www.medicinen...at/article.htm.. It used to paralyze her for a day or two after an attack, but shes been ok since the op.

Cut the caffeine out... no coffee, energy drinks or chocolate.

That link doesn't seem to work pal. I went a and e the last time this happened, had a few tests and was sent home. They told me I was just stressed' I would have thought that if anything was actually wrong they'd have picked it up then?

That link doesn't seem to work pal. I went a and e the last time this happened, had a few tests and was sent home. They told me I was just stressed' I would have thought that if anything was actually wrong they'd have picked it up then?

Try this http://www.bupa.co.u...ry/a/arrhythmia

Do you drink coffee, energy drinks and eat chocolate?

Good advice above re foods and drink but if it has got worse and nothing new is causing you anxiety it would indeed be best to have to checked out. You could try NHS 24 but I am not sure how useful they are.

Pseudo ephedrine can also cause it, it is in hay fever tabs and many cold remedies. See also http://www.webmd.boots.com/heart-disease/guide/palpitations-treatment for scarier stuff - not that we want to stress you out!

I've had them on and off, anxiety related I believe. With things like palpitations, worrying about them stresses you out more and makes them worse!

Though it goes against all the above advice, I can pretty much guarantee that if you try and forget about them, they will go away. Easier said than done, I know.

EDIT: Oh, and don't go on any 'medical advice' websites, they are bad things and they'll end up worrying you more. If you are worried, see your GP and he will confirm that everything is OK.

I've had them on and off, anxiety related I believe. With things like palpitations, worrying about them stresses you out more and makes them worse!

Though it goes against all the above advice, I can pretty much guarantee that if you try and forget about them, they will go away. Easier said than done, I know.

Yeah they keep coming and going. About, 2 years ago I saw a therapist who suggested that I have quite a high level of OCD. But not as in checking if the car door is locked - but repetitive thought patterns. I have literally thought of nothing else since they started so - I guess you could be right!

Yeah they keep coming and going. About, 2 years ago I saw a therapist who suggested that I have quite a high level of OCD. But not as in checking if the car door is locked - but repetitive thought patterns. I have literally thought of nothing else since they started so - I guess you could be right!

Private message me if you like mate, I suffer from the same thing.

I had palpitations for a few years and it was down to my weight in the end. And during this time I was only 13 stone so I never thought that would be an issue (am 5 foot 9) .

Dropped the weight down to under 11 and they more or less vanished.

Lack of sleep made mine terrible though, so now I'll never burn the candles at both end. Beer doesnt help either.

When your tryin to go sleep, what helped me rather than lying in silence was to put some music on quiet, or a telly. It does help.

I dont envy you mate I really dont, its not a nice feeling. But you gotta put it to the back of your mind, as worrying about them, only makes them worse. Keeping your mind occupied is the key

I had palpitations for a few years and it was down to my weight in the end. And during this time I was only 13 stone so I never thought that would be an issue (am 5 foot 9) .

Dropped the weight down to under 11 and they more or less vanished.

Lack of sleep made mine terrible though, so now I'll never burn the candles at both end. Beer doesnt help either.

When your tryin to go sleep, what helped me rather than lying in silence was to put some music on quiet, or a telly. It does help

Extremely interesting. I'm about 13 stone, and around 5 '7. Ish. Last few months I've felt lumbered and a bit run down so, could be that I need to shed some timber.

If it's anxiety related I would suggest the following;

Cut out any stimulants. Caffeine, Cigarettes, energy drinks, chocolate.

Try to figure out what is causing the anxiety, any changes to your life since experiencing the attacks, any issues that you are uncertain of that could have an impact on your life in the future.

Depending on the severity - this may seem strange, but actually wish anxiety attacks on. Think of them as some sort of monster, give the attacks an identity and tackle it head on, they are head fvck ups and by coaxing them, you are fighting back and making a stand against your own demons.

Most important thing to remember is, you are not alone - millions out their suffer with anxiety attacks, most suffer in silence.

Good luck.

Extremely interesting. I'm about 13 stone, and around 5 '7. Ish. Last few months I've felt lumbered and a bit run down so, could be that I need to shed some timber.

I still get them noiw occasionally. If ive hit it hard on the ale for a few nights or had a lack of sleep. But now i can spot the signs early and do something about it (like sleep loads and keep myself occupied)

This will probably sound like nonsense but when I knew the palpitations were on the way was when i couldnt take a big enough breath. Sounds odd and I cant explain it very well but when you breathe in sometimes, you always want that "little bit of extra breath" that you cant get, similar to a yawn. Thats when i knew.

As the guy above me said, you can control it if you dont worry about it

See your doctor. I've had some worries over the past year but not sure if it counts as anxciety. A few time I have felt a bit giddy but I put it down to my age. Once I had it when leaving the house. At the lunchtime I went and had a meal in a cafe then felt better.

So these things can be many things. Keeping busy body and mind may stop the worst of it.

Yeah, go and see a doctor mate.

I use to get them regularly about 18 months ago. Went to the GP and he told me to go straight to the Glenfield lol

Never really found out what it was, but they don't happen any more so I guess that's the main thing.

Any one get 'em? I've had an anxiety issue for years now. It comes and goes in terms of harshness. But tonight I've had palpitations all night!

Anyone got any coping strategies?! ...stick the football on wont work :(

I have the same problem. I went to docs and they sent me for a 24 hour heart monitor (twice) and I have an ectopic heartbeat. It's usually caused by anxiety, but stimulants such as caffeine, smoking, spicy foods etc. can set it off. Go to the docs and get it seen to though is the safest bet. Obviously every one is different and I'm saying what mine is, as your palpitations are like what I get too, but to be on the safe side book in to see your GP.

Fat bastard. Lose weight. stop moaning.

:thumbup:

Archived