Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Dr Dre Beats

I very nearly went for the SanDisk Clip. It had very similar reviews in terms of sound to the J3 and is fantastic value but I was put off by the size.

I'm not sure I'd trust myself with something that diddy, even that cheap.

It also seems to rely on needing third party software being installed to get the best out of it and I admit that intimidated me slightly.

It is pretty small, but not that titchy against an Ipod Nano, for example. Ridiculously, the clip makes it much bigger than it needs to be, but it's alright because in the case of mine the shit quality plastic meant it soon snapped off, making it much more compact and a lot more appealing, to me anyway. Fans of shiny Apple products will be horrified by the cheap feel but apart from the clip it's pretty robust, probably because there's not much to it. The crapness of it appeals to me in some ways because as long as it does the job (which it does very well), I quite like having a cheapo device that you're not bothered about getting scratched or whatever because it didn't cost you the earth.

I didn't need any extra software for it or the Sansa I had before - it's one of the main reasons I went for them

Archived