Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Farcry 3

Spent ages carefully staking out some area full of bad guys and killing them one by one, get to the last two and a bloody tiger leaps in and kills them while I run away like a schoolgirl. This is one of those rare games that I will probably keep on playing even when the story is finished.

Spent ages carefully staking out some area full of bad guys and killing them one by one, get to the last two and a bloody tiger leaps in and kills them while I run away like a schoolgirl. This is one of those rare games that I will probably keep on playing even when the story is finished.

Haha. I haven't quite mastered the art of killing quietly yet. Just go in all guns blazing lol

lol brilliant game. Shits me up though, when you're walking through the jungle and can hear growling but can't see anything, and from out of nowhere a tiger leaps out and attacks. Hate swimming in the sea as well 'cause of the sharks haha. The emus are little shits as well!

• 2 weeks later...

My Mrs got this the other day and is 32% through, on the easiest setting. Looks good.

What's the difference between the difficulty levels? Is it just more enemies and more animals in the game that attack you each time you go up a difficulty level?

My Mrs got this the other day and is 32% through, on the easiest setting. Looks good.

What's the difference between the difficulty levels? Is it just more enemies and more animals in the game that attack you each time you go up a difficulty level?

Not a clue - fwiw I played it through on the highest difficulty level and didn't find it too challenging at all, bar a couple of difficult to approach safehouses and 2 tricky set-pieces in later missions. The game at large is at its most challenging early on when you've got rubbish guns and no storage space or abilities, but even then it's pretty easy to stealth your way through, using foliage for cover whenever you hear a truck approaching (if you're in an enemy controlled area) and sneaking your way to positions, taking out a guard or two and moving into a new position to take out a couple more. The more you unlock the easier it gets until you unlock/buy the best sniper rifle in the game: At this point all you need to do is silence it and you can capture entire safehouses without ever getting anywhere near to them - just disable the alarms from afar and then pick the pirates off one by one from a spot so high above the site that the rushers can't even get to you. It almost feels like cheating it's so easy. On top of that, health is so easy to recoup that, unless you really screw up or absolutely have to go out in the open vs a bunch of enemies, you're never in much danger of dying anyway.

The final mission itself is a piece of piss to complete, was very disappointing the way it felt more like going through the final motions of the storyline instead of a grand test of your acquired skills.

The storyline isn't great either.

There is one mission early on where you go around pot fields burning all the weed and having your aim severely distorted as a result of all the fumes - that's the funnest part of the game by far. I give that mission 9/10, the rest of the game gets a (generous) 7/10.

I've done what you did and stealth captured a couple of safehouses. I'm enjoying the old R3 surprise takedown/drag manoeuvre. Started it the other day, but have only done a couple of missions so far. Spent loads of time looking around and making the bags and holsters bigger.

Clacked me pants last night encountering my first croc. Swam across a river and as I was climbing out the other side it pounced. Then a bit later came across my first bear. Bumped into him in some foliage in some small hills. He caused some mayhem but got shotgunned in the face.

I've heard that the villagers have got some top notch gear that I'm gonna want lol

I've done what you did and stealth captured a couple of safehouses. I'm enjoying the old R3 surprise takedown/drag manoeuvre. Started it the other day, but have only done a couple of missions so far. Spent loads of time looking around and making the bags and holsters bigger.

Clacked me pants last night encountering my first croc. Swam across a river and as I was climbing out the other side it pounced. Then a bit later came across my first bear. Bumped into him in some foliage in some small hills. He caused some mayhem but got shotgunned in the face.

I've heard that the villagers have got some top notch gear that I'm gonna want lol

Getting the shark skins is tricky until you realise you can just hop on a jetski and run them over! Pissed myself when I discovered that the first time. lol

Getting the shark skins is tricky until you realise you can just hop on a jetski and run them over! Pissed myself when I discovered that the first time. lol

Never knew that. I was standing on a hill next to a beach trying to snipe them for ages. Could have saved an hour!

Never knew that. I was standing on a hill next to a beach trying to snipe them for ages. Could have saved an hour!

Just make sure to run over em in shallow enough water to skin em and get back up, in one breath. Drowned myself chasing a dead shark to the bottom of the sea once... :sweating:

Just make sure to run over em in shallow enough water to skin em and get back up, in one breath. Drowned myself chasing a dead shark to the bottom of the sea once... :sweating:

I'll try that when I next have a go. Not put my PS3 on for a few days but might have a crack tonight.

Is there a marker for drowning like there was on GTA San Andreas? I couldn't see one when I went under water but did hear the character start to make a noise after holding breath for a while.

• 1 month later...

Archived