Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

help. photoshop users

Are any of you good with photo shop or similar. I really need some help urgently. My grandad died recently and i want to create a picture. I would like his favourite flower which we all associate with him in 4 corners, blending where they join, and a picture of him merged in the center. I would email pics if anybody can help.

I am middle aged and useless with this kind of thing!

• 3 months later...

Can somebody help me please? I've been given a copy of photoshop which I'm trying to make a guess the film question but I can't work out how to make the copy and paste work. As you can see in the screen shot the copy doesn't light up and won't work. What do I do?

post-3550-0-98742600-1364408909.jpg

Can somebody help me please? I've been given a copy of photoshop which I'm trying to make a guess the film question but I can't work out how to make the copy and paste work. As you can see in the screen shot the copy doesn't light up and won't work. What do I do?

post-3550-0-98742600-1364408909.jpg

Down in the bottom righthand (usually) corner should be a layers panel, make sure you have the right layer selected with the object you're trying to copy. It could be that.

Down in the bottom righthand (usually) corner should be a layers panel, make sure you have the right layer selected with the object you're trying to copy. It could be that.

I've found the layer thing but I still can't work out what to do.

Try selecting the object first on the correct layer?

Are you editing a photoshop object as such, or an already made image (such as jpeg)?

I just want to stick a small picture on top of a larger pic.

In Gimp I just right click the picture I want to copy and click copy, then right click the other picture and click paste.

You might have to click 'select all' on the first picture first. That's in the 'Edit' dropdown I think.

CTRL & V?

Already tried that.

In Gimp I just right click the picture I want to copy and click copy, then right click the other picture and click paste.

You might have to click 'select all' on the first picture first. That's in the 'Edit' dropdown I think.

I used to have Serif's free version of photoshop .It was easy to use for my needs but I was forever getting adverts.I thought this version would be better but first time I try and use it I'm f@cked.

I've found the layer thing but I still can't work out what to do.

I just want to stick a small picture on top of a larger pic.

Ok, the bottom layer marked Background should have a small lock on it, double click that layer and when it says New Layer click OK. Then you can copy that entire layer or use the marquee tool to select the part you want.

I used to have Serif's free version of photoshop .It was easy to use for my needs but I was forever getting adverts.I thought this version would be better but first time I try and use it I'm f@cked.

If you can get a copy of Photoshop Elements, that might be closer to what you need, it's just the basic parts without the more daunting, complicated looking bits for beginners.

Ok, the bottom layer marked Background should have a small lock on it, double click that layer and when it says New Layer click OK. Then you can copy that entire layer or use the marquee tool to select the part you want.

I think I've twigged it. :thumbup:

Archived