Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

iPhone 4S

Has anyone seen about this yet? People were hoping Apple to announce the new 'iPhone 5', but instead released a 4S which is vastly improved from the standard 4.

Here are the 5 main extra features:

1. Faster processor: The iPhone 4S features an Apple-designed dual-core A5 processor, which SVP of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller claims delivers up to 2x faster CPU performance and up to 7x faster graphics performance.

2. Dual networks: The iPhone 4S works on both GSM and CDMA carrier networks; the older model was one or the other, but not both.

3. Download speed:The iPhone 4S promises twice the download speed of the iPhone 4--14.4Mbps compared to 7.2. It supports HSDPA but not LTE.

4. Much-improved camera: The camera on the iPhone 4S is significantly improved--30% sharper, with an aperture of f/2.4, a third quicker to capture images, with an 8 megapixel sensor that takes 3264 by 2448 pixel pictures. It's also capable of HD 1080p video.

5. Voice-powered "assistant": Meet Siri, which plays a starring role on the iPhone 4S. The software describes itself as "a humble personal assistant," if you bother to ask. It allows the user to control phone functions through voice commands and even answers questions. For example, saying "Wake me up tomorrow at 6 AM" to Siri prompts the software to set the iPhone's alarm clock app. This technology looks both impressive and useful.

For more details on this you can watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DVciEgSozo&feature=player_embedded

I do have to say the that 'Siri' app could be the thing that makes me buy this phone, as I need a new phone badly and I'm thinking of treating myself. :D

If Siri is as good as what it being made out to be, it could be a market destroyer as not many phone companies have mastered the art of voice recognition yet.

Just thought i'd ask! :)

I don't know about "vastly improved", they simply made it better in parts.

You also forgot to mention better reception thanks to an improved antenna (finally) and the fact that you can get models up to 64GB.thumbsup.gif

Yeah good point, I just copied and pasted from the article I was looking at at the time :P

The voice recognition thing won't work properly - I can almost guarantee that.

Ha ha, thats the first thing i though.

"schedule my meeting with don at 5"

" meeting john at 3"

The dude in the ad makes it look effortless, I'd love to believe it but accents and and dialect will surely be a problem. Imagine a broad scouse or geordie accent... priceless.

Typical apple, they make this upgrade of the iphone 4 look amazingly revolutional (which it probably is) and they will no doubt launch an iphone 5 in around 6 months time.

Ha ha, thats the first thing i though.

"schedule my meeting with don at 5"

" meeting john at 3"

The dude in the ad makes it look effortless, I'd love to believe it but accents and and dialect will surely be a problem. Imagine a broad scouse or geordie accent... priceless.

Typical apple, they make this upgrade of the iphone 4 look amazingly revolutional (which it probably is) and they will no doubt launch an iphone 5 in around 6 months time.

I'd love to see it face a Scottish highlands accent, or a Glaswegian after a few pints - The thing will force it's hard-disk to permanently break in an effort to escape.

Guest MattP

Does this mean no Iphone 5 for a while then? :unsure:

I'm not upgrading unless it significantly different tbh, would just wait for the next model.

Apple sure no how to milk it. I still don't understand how they haven't implemented a flash on the camera yet, taking photos suck regardless of the megapixels because of the lack of flash.

If some people were a little less materialistic and weren't so fooking desperate to have THE latest iPhone then Apple wouldn't be able to milk it for every single penny they can get

Anyone who buys one of these straight the way and then complains when a slightly better one comes along 6 months later can seriously do one.

its "new from apple", so there will be millions sold even allowing for the fact that the voice recog doesnt work and its no great improvement on anything else in the market.. but... it is "Apple" and therefore trendy :)

Apple sure no how to milk it. I still don't understand how they haven't implemented a flash on the camera yet, taking photos suck regardless of the megapixels because of the lack of flash.

My iPhone I've has for the last year has a flash?

As weird as it sounds, I'm quite happy I had my iPhone nicked in June. I have escaped its clutches and it's a relief. When I finally finish off paying this stupid £25 a month (even with 50% of the £50 a month price it's too much) iPhone contract I will be moving onto a £5.50 SIM Only deal with all the minutes, texts and data I need and no 18/24 month tie in.

The iPhone is a nice piece of kit, but in my opinion is no where near worth the £500 you pay for it (for what I use it for), plus you get caught in the cycle of continuously buying them.

Looks a decent step from my iPhone 3GS so I will probably upgrade when my contract expires (or shortly before). I find I use the video a lot, and faster start up time for the camera will be a bonus. You have to remember the Apple upgrade cycle is Major minor Major minor etc. Many people are on 2 year deals with their iPhone 4 so why bring out the big upgrade now?

Archived