Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

If we lose the next two he'll be sacked, won't he? I'd be surprised to see him given the January window given that he has spent nigh on £10m since rejoining the club. With that sort of spend we should be at least challenging for a top two spot and yet it seems clear that we aren't good enough for that. I maintain that Pearson should be given the whole season. I said the same about Eriksson. It's the least a manager deserves unless they are doing a disastrous job. But I think it's pushing it a bit to say he's doing a good job. We have a decent squad and I think it's performing to par. Of course Pearson has built that squad and deserves some credit but you have to question whether we've got full value for all the money spent.

Hobbs is a better player than Mills, in my opinion. Hull's defence looks fantastic now, with Hobbs playing alongside Faye and Chester... Also, the post about Mills having a better career than Hobbs meaning nothing really? Matt Le Tissier didn't win anything major in his career, but he is still one of the best Premier League player's ever.

So being linked to a premier club makes him have a better championship career... ooooooooooook.

...erm, yeah..it's a good way to form an opinion on a player.

do you think Drinkwater is better than Will Hughes?

I don't because Hughes has been linked to Barcelona

I don't have a clue because I've not seen Hughes play regularly.

Moore has been linked to Manchester United, he must be our best player. :rolleyes:

I don't have a clue because I've not seen Hughes play regularly.

Moore has been linked to Manchester United, he must be our best player. :rolleyes:

Moore has the potential to be a top player . Better than Hobbs!

The original argument is about Hobbs! Had he ever been linked to a top club? No! Just sold by one in Liverpool

Moore has the potential to be a top player . Better than Hobbs!

The original argument is about Hobbs! Had he ever been linked to a top club? No! Just sold by one in Liverpool

So what did Will Hughes have to do with it then?

You talk a load of shit.

And Jack Hobbs was rumoured to have premier teams interested in him when he won player of the season here, so it renders your point utterly useless.

So what did Will Hughes have to do with it then?

I'm using Will Hughes as an example of a player we can say is quality...based on the fact he is linked to Barcelona.. Matt mills was linked to prem clubs!

Please can someone tell me why Hobbs is this wonderful CB we don't have.

Sorry but I just don't see it. Selling him when we did isn't the reason we are still in championship !

I'm using Will Hughes as an example of a player we can say is quality...based on the fact he is linked to Barcelona.. Matt mills was linked to prem clubs!

So was Liam Moore and he's nowher near as good as Hobbs, or St. Ledger, or Morgan, or Whitbread. Loads of crap players get linked to Premier League clubs at one time or another (generally thanks to their agents), but what you should be interested in is that Mills has been a mid-table Championship player for a couple of years now who no Prem team would look at. Where as Hobbs will most likely be a Premier League player next season.

So was Liam Moore and he's nowher near as good as Hobbs, or St. Ledger, or Morgan, or Whitbread. Loads of crap players get linked to Premier League clubs at one time or another (generally thanks to their agents), but what you should be interested in is that Mills has been a mid-table Championship player for a couple of years now who no Prem team would look at. Where as Hobbs will most likely be a Premier League player next season.

Your argument is flawed because Hobbs has played 2 times this year .

Hull are in their position because Steve Bruce is a top manager, not because Hobbs is helping to keep clean sheets.

What did Hull do last season when Hobbs played 40+ games???

Your argument is flawed because Hobbs has played 2 times this year .

Hull are in their position because Steve Bruce is a top manager, not because Hobbs is helping to keep clean sheets.

What did Hull do last season when Hobbs played 40+ games???

Hull lost their fantastic manager last season and slipped into mediocrity.

Players being linked to top flight clubs is such a bullshit indicator of quality. Half the time this stuff is made up by agents as part of contract negotiations or to alert other clubs to the availability of their clients, to con other clubs into believing that the player is sought after thus sparking a bidding war which will end up lining the pockets of the agent. Schmeichel was 'linked' to Real Madrid, for christ's sake. He isn't even the best keeper in this league, let alone good enough to back up Casillas.

LJS.A breath of fresh air.All the Redknap and Pogba stuff does make the rest of us giggle a bit.

When one of us 40 or so mid sized clubs start to think we are top half of prem material it all gets a little awkward

lol..ok can't argue against that, however I do feel that there's too many city fans bitter about an average championship player, just my opinion

The season we finished 5th we conceded 45, the season after Reading finished 5th with Mills they conceded 51.

Hull conceded 44 last year with Hobbs, we conceded 55 with Mills.

He has his limitations, but can be a very good defender.

The season we finished 5th we conceded 45, the season after Reading finished 5th with Mills they conceded 51.

Hull conceded 44 last year with Hobbs, we conceded 55 with Mills.

He has his limitations, but can be a very good defender.

Ok, good research but with our expectations and the amount of money our generous owners are spending I feel we should be getting players of a higher calibre than Hobbs. Just my opinion, until I see Hobbs ripping it up in the prem , stopping Aguero,Suarez etc then i will eat my words.

Don't think it'll happen

Ok, good research but with our expectations and the amount of money our generous owners are spending I feel we should be getting players of a higher calibre than Hobbs. Just my opinion, until I see Hobbs ripping it up in the prem , stopping Aguero,Suarez etc then i will eat my words.

Don't think it'll happen

I'll worry about him or anyone else being prem quality when we get there. Getting their is priority, and he has a record of being in some of the best defences in the league. It was criminal to let him go for so little and spend so much on a player with little more ability. I'm not saying get him back by the way.

Archived