Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

I'll worry about him or anyone else being prem quality when we get there. Getting their is priority, and he has a record of being in some of the best defences in the league. It was criminal to let him go for so little and spend so much on a player with little more ability. I'm not saying get him back by the way.

Why can't city fans start praising st ledge. He actually has had experience in euros against world class opposition . I bet there's fans out there that think Hobbs is better than st ledge

Why can't city fans start praising st ledge. He actually has had experience in euros against world class opposition . I bet there's fans out there that think Hobbs is better than st ledge

People do praise St. Ledger and rightly so for his performances this season.

You do need to edit your above post though. St. Ledger has experience of being torn apart at the Euros against world class opposition.

Just because he played for Ireland doesn't make him a better player. If he was that good his career path at the age of 27 would be better reading than Peterborough, Preston and Leicester. He's also been part of what was an average defence last year. And only next to Morgan in a handful of games this year has he looked anything like a decent player.

I will praise someone when they have done something praise worthy, and so far in a Leicester shirt Jack Hobbs is by far and away been a better player than SSL.

People do praise St. Ledger and rightly so for his performances this season.

You do need to edit your above post though. St. Ledger has experience of being torn apart at the Euros against world class opposition.

I said he had experience ... Not particularly good I agree but at least he's mixed it up with the big boys!

Just because he played for Ireland doesn't make him a better player. If he was that good his career path at the age of 27 would be better reading than Peterborough, Preston and Leicester. He's also been part of what was an average defence last year. And only next to Morgan in a handful of games this year has he looked anything like a decent player.

I will praise someone when they have done something praise worthy, and so far in a Leicester shirt Jack Hobbs is by far and away been a better player than SSL.

So playing for your country, qualifying for a tournament is not praise worthy??

Please can you tell me why Hobbs ( who I think is an average champ player) deserves more praise than st ledge?

Are we going down the 'he works hard and gives 100%' route...that's getting kinda boring now

So playing for your country, qualifying for a tournament is not praise worthy??

Please can you tell me why Hobbs ( who I think is an average champ player) deserves more praise than st ledge?

Are we going down the 'he works hard and gives 100%' route...that's getting kinda boring now

I'm not an Ireland fan, this is not an Ireland forum. Tell me why SSL deserves more praise than Hobbs in a Leicester shirt.

I'm not an Ireland fan, this is not an Ireland forum. Tell me why SSL deserves more praise than Hobbs in a Leicester shirt.

Please check the facts .. I don't think we have lost when st ledge has played.

If that's the case then he needs some praise or recognition

Baron .I am confused-Does your last sentence refer to Nigel?

No, I just get fed up with players getting praise and recognition for effort .blood and gutz etc.

Modern football not about that anymore!

I mean this season by the way!

I'm sure there are loads of other contributing factors why we didn't lose with SSL in the team. Like in form strikers, luck of the bounce and playing weaker teams. Whitbread and Morgan have had a good run of games together and in all honesty don't look too bad together. We could do with someone sweeping up in front of them however.

No, I just get fed up with players getting praise and recognition for effort .blood and gutz etc.

Who the sodding hell gave Hobbs praise for that? He's hardly even that sort of player anyway.

Congratulations to Sean St Ledger for playing well in about 5 games. Will you be giving Hobbs praise for winning player of the year at a young age, being in a good Leicester defence and getting us to the play offs?

I gather that there are rumours coming out of the KP Stadium that late last night City Officials found that the 'Nigel Pearson' who presided over the Cardiff game was in fact an evil android! A club official said, 'We have reason to believe that the real Nigel Pearson was kidnapped whilst at Elland road by Neil Warnock and is being held somewhere in Leeds'. Meanwhile City have dispatched a task force to discover the whereabouts of NP. Richie Wellens has been given the job of discovering our manager but has already been accused of slowing down the investigation by a number of 'in the know' posters on Foxestalk. Paul Gallagher, meanwhile, has been sent to tackle Warnock. According to the City spokesman this was last night but so far nothing has been heard of Gallagher. City have been working on their own android of Warnock as a reprisal to Leeds. The official spokesman said. 'The difficulty we have is programming in the ATT (absolute tw*t technology), into our android but we now have a stolen download of brain activity from Ian Dowie so we expect to be able to get the 'real' Nigel Pearson back for the Hull away game'.

I gather that there are rumours coming out of the KP Stadium that late last night City Officials found that the 'Nigel Pearson' who presided over the Cardiff game was in fact an evil android! A club official said, 'We have reason to believe that the real Nigel Pearson was kidnapped whilst at Elland road by Neil Warnock and is being held somewhere in Leeds'. Meanwhile City have dispatched a task force to discover the whereabouts of NP. Richie Wellens has been given the job of discovering our manager but has already been accused of slowing down the investigation by a number of 'in the know' posters on Foxestalk. Paul Gallagher, meanwhile, has been sent to tackle Warnock. According to the City spokesman this was last night but so far nothing has been heard of Gallagher. City have been working on their own android of Warnock as a reprisal to Leeds. The official spokesman said. 'The difficulty we have is programming in the ATT (absolute tw*t technology), into our android but we now have a stolen download of brain activity from Ian Dowie so we expect to be able to get the 'real' Nigel Pearson back for the Hull away game'.

Ever considered writing fiction?

I despair at this forum. Mates of mine who support other teams dislike us because of our fans. I can completely see why. If you judge by this forum our fans are collective wankers.

I have no problem with an opinion being voiced, but where were your opinions two months ago on here when we were top? There were a few who came on and held their hands up, the rest just avoided posting, waiting for our next defeats, who happened to be against two teams up there challenging for promotion. I didn't go last week, but apparently we were crap in fairness. Yesterday we were brilliant.

One Pearson out topic was created on here at 4pm yesterday. I bet the fukin prik wasn't even at the game!! (yes i know its Christmas I'm not crticising someone not attending, but I am crticising some tosser sat there with no real idea how the game played out yesterday criticising before the game had even finished!)

The Lindgaard (sp) substitute was a poor one, and I said that at the time, as the only previous time I saw him for us (at home again) he offered nothing. But Pearson knows what he sees at training so I'm not gonna question him.

The really cnutish side of me wants Pearson to go now just so next year when we're still in this league and possibly still not higher than 5th and having not been top I can come back on here to say "i told you so" Maybe then after the managerial merrygoround having spun full circle about 20 times in 10 years our thick fans will get the message

Of course though, the ones orchestrating this bullshit on here now won't be anywhere to be found when a new manager isn't able to better what NP is doing.

I despair at this forum. Mates of mine who support other teams dislike us because of our fans. I can completely see why. If you judge by this forum our fans are collective wankers.

I have no problem with an opinion being voiced, but where were you opinions two months ago on here when we were top? There were a few who came on and held their hands up, the rest just avoided posting, waiting for our next defeats, who happened to be against two teams up there challenging for promotion. I didn't go last week, but apparently we were crap in fairness. Yesterday we were brilliant.

One Pearson out topic was created on here at 4pm yesterday. I bet the fukin prik wasn't even at the game!! (yes i know its Christmas I'm not crticising someone not attending, but I am crticising some tosser sat there with no real idea how the game played out yesterday criticising before the game had even finished!)

The Lindgaard (sp) substitute was a poor one, and I said that at the time, as the only previous time I saw him for us (at home again) he offered nothing. But Pearson knows what he sees at training so I'm not gonna question him.

The really cnutish side of me wants Pearson to go now just so next year when we're still in this league and possibly still not higher than 5th and having not been top I can come back on here to say "i told you so"

Of course though, the ones orchestrating this bullshit on here now won't be anywhere to be found when a new manager isn't able to better what NP is doing.

Some people are salivating at the thought of him going, leaving us to write off the rest of the season, then having another 12 signings for the new manager in the summer then having a another transitional season, because then they can moan they want the manager gone again

They just love the moan

Eh? A new manager coming in and doing badly wouldn't prove that removing Pearson was incorrect. It would prove only that the replacement is poor. There's no cause and effect there.

Eh? A new manager coming in and doing badly wouldn't prove that removing Pearson was incorrect. It would prove only that the replacement is poor. There's no cause and effect there.

There will be far more of a chance in getting a worse replacement for NP than a better one

with the value of the players we have under NP right now we are punching above our weight. He gets the best out of some pretty much unheard of players. They bond, they play for each other and the shirt.

Someone with more time and patience than me should dig up all results from this season, in proving that anyone can and will beat anyone. We are not and will never be untouchable, whether he have NP as manager or Guardiola.

There will be far more of a chance in getting a worse replacement for NP than a better one

with the value of the players we have under NP right now we are punching above our weight. He gets the best out of some pretty much unheard of players. They bond, they play for each other and the shirt.

Someone with more time and patience than me should dig up all results from this season, in proving that anyone can and will beat anyone. We are not and will never be untouchable, whether he have NP as manager or Guardiola.

Indeed, but those who think we should be untouchable should be ignored. There's nothing wrong with thinking we should be doing better though. You talk about the value of the players we have, and whilst I acknowledge the work Pearson has done in reducing the wage bill and making the side a better one than it was, Pearson has spent a lot of mone since January. Certainly enough that a top two challenge should be closer than it looks now.

I have no problem with an opinion being voiced, but where were you opinions two months ago on here when we were top? There were a few who came on and held their hands up, the rest just avoided posting, waiting for our next defeats, who happened to be against two teams up there challenging for promotion. I didn't go last week, but apparently we were crap in fairness. Yesterday we were brilliant.

Two months ago we were playing good football, were on a good run, but now times have changed, we have hit our typical inconsistent patch, and are losing and drawing too many games, so you surely would know how some fans would react. I am happy with Pearson, and I for one don't want him sacked, and think he is a bloody good manager.

But we have drawn against Barnsley and lost against Leeds, Millwall and Cardiff in recent weeks, two of which happen to be played at home.

Yes we played well yesterday, but we still didn't take our chances, and at the end of the day we lost the game, and yet again dropped more points.

Archived