Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Indeed, but those who think we should be untouchable should be ignored. There's nothing wrong with thinking we should be doing better though. You talk about the value of the players we have, and whilst I acknowledge the work Pearson has done in reducing the wage bill and making the side a better one than it was, Pearson has spent a lot of mone since January. Certainly enough that a top two challenge should be closer than it looks now.

But the spending of money doesn't give anyone a divine right to win anything.

We possibly should be slightly higher up but there are plenty of games left. God it only takes a couple of wins to start shooting back up there.

I really don't know why there's even a debate about it. Its a waste of my broadband

I have no problem with an opinion being voiced, but where were your opinions two months ago on here when we were top?

Being shot down by the "I LOVE PEARSON" brigade, rushing to put down anyone who had a slightly negative opinion. Every time someone would voice a slightly critical opinion (eg. Waghorn isn't good enough) it would be met by "well, he's part of a group that are top of the league, so he must be good enough". You can't really win on here - if you try and produce constructive criticism when we're on a good run of form, then you're treated like an idiot for finding faults in a winning team. Yet if you do it when we're on a poor run of form then you're just classed as reactionary. At what point ARE we allowed to offer opinions?

Some people need to realise that when we win/are winning it doesn't mean that nothing can be improved - similarly, when we're losing, it doesn't mean everything needs changing. It seems to go from one extreme to another very quickly on here.

Two months ago we were playing good football, were on a good run, but now times have changed, we have hit our typical inconsistent patch, and are losing and drawing too many games, so you surely would know how some fans would react. I am happy with Pearson, and I for one don't want him sacked, and think he is a bloody good manager.

But we have drawn against Barnsley and lost against Leeds, Millwall and Cardiff in recent weeks, two of which happen to be played at home.

Yes we played well yesterday, but we still didn't take our chances, and at the end of the day we lost the game, and yet again dropped more points.

Leeds who will be up and around there at the end of the season. Certainly Cardiff will be too. I know how some fans would react yeh, which is why i bloody hate em!

How many home games have we lost now?

Is it NPs fault we didn't take our chances?

But the spending of money doesn't give anyone a divine right to win.

Of course not, but it does suggest that Pearson has been less able to effectively use the resources at his disposal than those whose teams are comfortably in front of us. That has to be a factor when judging his performance. You're right to say that there are a lot of games left to play and I don't think any decision about Pearson's future should be made until May at the earliest. Personally I'd be happy enough for him to have two or three years in the job to improve the side so long as I could see us improving. But I don't think the owners think that way. Certainly their tenure so far doesn't suggest so.

Being shot down by the "I LOVE PEARSON" brigade, rushing to put down anyone who had a slightly negative opinion. Every time someone would voice a slightly critical opinion (eg. Waghorn isn't good enough) it would be met by "well, he's part of a group that are top of the league, so he must be good enough"

You're only using it as an example, but we certainly improved when Waggy came on yesterday.

Leeds who will be up and around there at the end of the season. Certainly Cardiff will be too. I know how some fans would react yeh, which is why i bloody hate em!

I said Leeds at the start of the season. With money and spent wisely I can see them getting top two.

And I've had a bet to back up this assertion.

:thumbup:

Of course not, but it does suggest that Pearson has been less able to effectively use the resources at his disposal than those whose teams are comfortably in front of us. That has to be a factor when judging his performance. You're right to say that there are a kit of games left to play and I don't think any decision about Pearson's future should be made until Ma at the earliest. Personally I'd be happy enough for him to have two or three years in the job to improve the side so long as I could see us improving. But I don't think the owners think that way. Certainly their tenure so far doesn't suggest so.

I agree with you on that.

I'd be happy for Pearson to have 3 years too.

Look at Cardiff, they've flirted with promotion certainly since that French **** and Howard Webbs lino fckued our chances up three years ago. They've always bottled it though. How many managers have they had in that time? They haven't got much closer to being where they want to be (apart from this season where there is still PLENTY of time for them to bottle it)

There's always one team who collapse in the run up, and one who shoots up.

I personally think we're lucky to still be where we are considering our incosistencey of late. Let's use that to push on

Indeed, but those who think we should be untouchable should be ignored. There's nothing wrong with thinking we should be doing better though. You talk about the value of the players we have, and whilst I acknowledge the work Pearson has done in reducing the wage bill and making the side a better one than it was, Pearson has spent a lot of mone since January. Certainly enough that a top two challenge should be closer than it looks now.

But we're coming from mid-table with a newly assembled team, it's not like we're Cardiff who've been in the top few of this division whilst we've been gracing mid-table or lower, it's not like we are Millwall who've kept their man in place for a number of years now slowly improving, it's not like we're Southampton who used their multi-millions wisely when we pissed ours up the wall, it's not like we're Reading, Hull or anyone else who've dropped into this division with a Premiership 'base'

With regards to top 2, there is no 'should' about it.

At times we're playing well enough to walk the division, we just need to shore it up a bit to ensure we can reach those times more often, but if not, we're still doing ok and its a dramatic improvement from dross that has preceded this season.

So if it doesn't work out this season, we'll be up where Cardiff & co are this season... ie, building on a solid base that missed out, and not building on the shifting sands of mid-table mediocrity which is what NP has had to do this season

I am not blaming Pearson, it was the players faults of course, but one thing his substitutions certainly didn't make a difference and he was definitely to blame for that. I said I like Pearson, and I said I don't want Pearson to be sacked.

We have lost two home games and drawn two, we should of won three of those in all fairness, the only team to come to the King Power and play better this season has been Crystal Palace. Yes Cardiff are top, but still going by yesterdays game, we should of won or at least drew, we had enough chances and Cardiff didn't really do anything, it was another poor result, in a recent batch of inconsistent games.

You're only using it as an example, but we certainly improved when Waggy came on yesterday.

Personally, I don't have too much of a problem with Waghorn. I don't think he should be a starter, but I think he's good enough to be a third choice striker. The problem is that we don't seem to have anyone good enough to be second choice.

I think we play well enough, but we just seem to lack penetration in the final third.

Being shot down by the "I LOVE PEARSON" brigade, rushing to put down anyone who had a slightly negative opinion. Every time someone would voice a slightly critical opinion (eg. Waghorn isn't good enough) it would be met by "well, he's part of a group that are top of the league, so he must be good enough". You can't really win on here - if you try and produce constructive criticism when we're on a good run of form, then you're treated like an idiot for finding faults in a winning team. Yet if you do it when we're on a poor run of form then you're just classed as reactionary. And what point ARE we allowed to offer opinions?

Some people need to realise that when we win/are winning it doesn't mean that nothing can be improved - similarly, when we're losing, it doesn't mean everything needs changing. It seems to go from one extreme to another very quickly on here.

It does tend to be all or nothing on here which is infuriating. Unfortunately it seems to be the Pearson out brigade who shout the loudest, and again, unable to be found on the forum when theyve nothing to moan about

But we're coming from mid-table with a newly assembled team, it's not like we're Cardiff who've been in the top few of this division whilst we've been gracing mid-table or lower, it's not like we are Millwall who've kept their man in place for a number of years now slowly improving, it's not like we're Southampton who used their multi-millions wisely when we pissed ours up the wall, it's not like we're Reading, Hull or anyone else who've dropped into this division with a Premiership 'base'

With regards to top 2, there is no 'should' about it.

At times we're playing well enough to walk the division, we just need to shore it up a bit to ensure we can reach those times more often, but if not, we're still doing ok and its a dramatic improvement from dross that has preceded this season.

So if it doesn't work out this season, we'll be up where Cardiff & co are this season... ie, building on a solid base that missed out, and not building on the shifting sands of mid-table mediocrity which is what NP has had to do this season

exactly this.

Compare the other managers/clubs to ours. Theyve all had something we've notof recent (apart from money which we did have but as he said pissed up the wall)

I am not blaming Pearson, it was the players faults of course, but one thing his substitutions certainly didn't make a difference and he was definitely to blame for that. I said I like Pearson, and I said I don't want Pearson to be sacked.

We have lost two home games and drawn two, we should of won three of those in all fairness, the only team to come to the King Power and play better this season has been Crystal Palace. Yes Cardiff are top, but still going by yesterdays game, we should of won or at least drew, we had enough chances and Cardiff didn't really do anything, it was another poor result, in a recent batch of inconsistent games.

Palace are the best team I've seen definitely. So we've lost to Palace and Cardiff! Its hardly the end of the world.

If football and especially this league were predictable it'd be boring and I'd be a millionaire on accumulators.

Come on now. This is just excuse making. If you put a good manager in charge of Peterborough and gave him £10m to spend you'd have to expect an automatic challenge out of it. It isn't as though they've transplanted Barnet into the league, put Pearson in charge and asked him to start from scratch. We haven't finished outside the top ten in the last three seasons. That's a solid enough base, surely?

The simple facts are just 4 points from a possible 15 over the last 5 games, be lucky to get anthing at hull, even at Burnley so if we end up after Christmas achieving just 4 out of 21 we'll probably be out off the Play-off places and completely out of touch with auto promotion. I'm sure the owners will almost certainly be making plans and the transfer window for players, just also might include a manager.

Come on now. This is just excuse making. If you put a good manager in charge of Peterborough and gave him £10m to spend you'd have to expect an automatic challenge out of it. It isn't as though they've transplanted Barnet into the league, put Pearson in charge and asked him to start from scratch. We haven't finished outside the top ten in the last three seasons. That's a solid enough base, surely?

Not necessarily. Think of the upheaval of players we've had too. There are a lot of Cardiff players who featured in that PO Semi at theirs who still play for now. McNaughton, Whittingham, Hudson (ok not a lot but I'm doing that off memory and I bet theres only Waggy in our side yesterday who feautured in that semi)

Palace are the best team I've seen definitely. So we've lost to Palace and Cardiff! Its hardly the end of the world.

If football and especially this league were predictable it'd be boring and I'd be a millionaire on accumulators.

But Cardiff is a game we should of won, were you at the game?

Or if not and seen the highlights, then surely you would accept that we should of really won yesterday.

The Barnsley and Forest draws were poor as well, and even against Leeds away we had far more shots than them and yet again didn't take any, stats show against Leeds that we had much better possession and had 8 shots on target to there 1, what does that tell you?

I am not blaming Pearson, I just think he needs to change it up now and again, and buy in January so we have a stronger 11 and a stronger bench, because the bench we have now isn't good enough.

Also too many players are too inconsistent, Konchesky has been poor, Whitbread is a liability, Dyer and Knockaert are up and down like a yo-yo, and Drinkwater is starting to show his inconsistent form again.

The simple facts are just 4 points from a possible 15 over the last 5 games, be lucky to get anthing at hull, even at Burnley so if we end up after Christmas achieving just 4 out of 21 we'll probably be out off the Play-off places and completely out of touch with auto promotion. I'm sure the owners will almost certainly be making plans and the transfer window for players, just also might include a manager.

IF that happens then Pearson should rightfully get the sack.

BUT we are in a good position and we are more then capable of beating anyone at this level. With the January sales comming, it will give Pearson the opportunity to strengthen.

The way I see it, is that this is Pearsons team, if he doesn't deliver then he should go. The owners and fans though have to give him all the opportunity to succeed.

But Cardiff is a game we should of won, were you at the game?

Or if not and seen the highlights, then surely you would accept that we should of really won yesterday.

The Barnsley and Forest draws were poor as well, and even against Leeds away we had far more shots than them and yet again didn't take any, stats show against Leeds that we had much better possession and had 8 shots on target to there 1, what does that tell you?

I am not blaming Pearson, I just think he needs to change it up now and again, and buy in January so we have a stronger 11 and a stronger bench, because the bench we have now isn't good enough.

Also too many players are too inconsistent, Konchesky has been poor, Whitbread is a liability, Dyer and Knockaert are up and down like a yo-yo, and Drinkwater is starting to show his inconsistent form again.

If our players were consistentley good then they wouldn't play for us. Simple.

Yes I was at the game, we should have won. we were brilliant for the first 20 mins. Their goal stunned us. One chance one goal. Which is where we're lacking as you say.

Can't remember much about the Forest game lol but the Barnsley game, considering we were 2-1 down at 80 mins and playing shite I'd have snapped your arm off for the draw. Unfortunatelty because of the last 5 mins after vardy's equaliser we pulverised them, it did feel like more of a defeat.

Maybe Knocky and Dyer have been found out (though you can't do that much about dealing with Dyer's pace) so yes again he needs to freshen things up now and again.

I was suprised by Lingaard (il keep spelling it like that til someone corrects me) coming on and not Futacs, but maybe Pearson knows that as soon as a big lad comes on we'll start hoofing it, where we wouldnt have stood a chance in the air against them yesterday

If our players were consistentley good then they wouldn't play for us. Simple.

Yes I was at the game, we should have won. we were brilliant for the first 20 mins. Their goal stunned us. One chance one goal. Which is where we're lacking as you say.

Can't remember much about the Forest game lol but the Barnsley game, considering we were 2-1 down at 80 mins and playing shite I'd have snapped your arm off for the draw. Unfortunatelty because of the last 5 mins after vardy's equaliser we pulverised them, it did feel like more of a defeat.

Maybe Knocky and Dyer have been found out (though you can't do that much about dealing with Dyer's pace) so yes again he needs to freshen things up now and again.

I was suprised by Lingaard (il keep spelling it like that til someone corrects me) coming on and not Futacs, but maybe Pearson knows that as soon as a big lad comes on we'll start hoofing it, where we wouldnt have stood a chance in the air against them yesterday

We should of really won some of the games we have drawn and lost in my opinion. Dyer hasn't been found out, it's just his typical level of inconsistency, fans were spunking over his performances earlier in the season, now he has gone back to his typical inconsistent self and is up and down like a yo-yo. Knockaert seemed to hit a bad patch, but yesterday he seemed back to his dangerous self, shouldn't of been taken off as he was the one player who tried to find an opening. I think we would get more out of Knockaert if we played him in a CAM, CF role in behind the strikers and give him time to roam, earlier in the season when we hit that unbeaten streak, Knockaert's performances were one of the stand out things to our good form, as he was given the free role, was allowed to cut inside and play in a more central role, and plus he was scoring goals.

On Futacs I think we have made a mistake with him, every team doesn't necessarily need a target man, Futacs isn't really a target man/goalscorer, he is just used as a target man. We really need someone who is capable of holding the ball up and scoring goals, and the likes of Danny Graham, Kenwyne Jones and Steve Morison are all capable of doing those two things, they aren't necessarily target men, but they can hold the ball up and bring midfielders into play, and they also know where the goal is. Another bonus is that all three of them, are not getting enough game time at their current clubs.

Being shot down by the "I LOVE PEARSON" brigade, rushing to put down anyone who had a slightly negative opinion. Every time someone would voice a slightly critical opinion (eg. Waghorn isn't good enough) it would be met by "well, he's part of a group that are top of the league, so he must be good enough". You can't really win on here - if you try and produce constructive criticism when we're on a good run of form, then you're treated like an idiot for finding faults in a winning team. Yet if you do it when we're on a poor run of form then you're just classed as reactionary. And what point ARE we allowed to offer opinions?

THIS THIS THIS!!

Well lets put it this way, if Eriksson was still the Manager we would have the biggest squad of old premier league players each of them on £45k a week that don't want to play for us in league one.

Oh now you've put it that way I understand.

I guess someone could disagree and think that Eriksson would now be comfortably top of the league or even promoted last season. But i guess he ONLY signed OLD players good enough for league 1, i need to go back and scrub my memory of him signing most of our best players even after NP has had a year to sign better.

I despair at this forum. Mates of mine who support other teams dislike us because of our fans. I can completely see why. If you judge by this forum our fans are collective wankers.

I have no problem with an opinion being voiced, but where were your opinions two months ago on here when we were top? There were a few who came on and held their hands up, the rest just avoided posting, waiting for our next defeats, who happened to be against two teams up there challenging for promotion. I didn't go last week, but apparently we were crap in fairness. Yesterday we were brilliant.

One Pearson out topic was created on here at 4pm yesterday. I bet the fukin prik wasn't even at the game!! (yes i know its Christmas I'm not crticising someone not attending, but I am crticising some tosser sat there with no real idea how the game played out yesterday criticising before the game had even finished!)

The Lindgaard (sp) substitute was a poor one, and I said that at the time, as the only previous time I saw him for us (at home again) he offered nothing. But Pearson knows what he sees at training so I'm not gonna question him.

The really cnutish side of me wants Pearson to go now just so next year when we're still in this league and possibly still not higher than 5th and having not been top I can come back on here to say "i told you so" Maybe then after the managerial merrygoround having spun full circle about 20 times in 10 years our thick fans will get the message

Of course though, the ones orchestrating this bullshit on here now won't be anywhere to be found when a new manager isn't able to better what NP is doing.

Thanks you just saved me writing all that

Archived