Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Oh now you've put it that way I understand.

I guess someone could disagree and think that Eriksson would now be comfortably top of the league or even promoted last season. But i guess he ONLY signed OLD players good enough for league 1, i need to go back and scrub my memory of him signing most of our best players even after NP has had a year to sign better.

Twat

I guess someone could disagree and think that Eriksson would now be comfortably top of the league or even promoted last season.But i guess he ONLY signed OLD players good enough for league 1, i need to go back and scrub my memory of him signing most of our best players even after NP has had a year to sign better.

Ok, you just lost all credibility in my eyes. What the hell did SGE ever do to give you the idea that we would have been promoted last season, or be 'comfortably' top of the league this season? ****ing ridiculous.

Ok, you just lost all credibility in my eyes. What the hell did SGE ever do to give you the idea that we would have been promoted last season, or be 'comfortably' top of the league this season? ****ing ridiculous.

It has even less merit than saying we could already be in the Premier league if SGE had never arrived, 2 seasons wasted, all the money wasted with us now having to wheel & deal to try & get under FFP ceiling, can't get rid of players because of the kind of deals SGE judged they were worth etc & etc

I guess someone could disagree and think that Eriksson would now be comfortably top of the league or even promoted last season. But i guess he ONLY signed OLD players good enough for league 1, i need to go back and scrub my memory of him signing most of our best players even after NP has had a year to sign better.

Signed most of our better players?

Pearson has signed 7 permanent players 3 on loan, Sven signed 14 permanents 12 players on loan

Of our usual starting 11, 3 are Sven signings. One of them has been duff this season, Kasper has been decent and Nugent excellent.

I think that tells you all you need to know about the majority of Svens signings.

I thought it was widely accepted now that Sven was a clown. People preferring to think otherwise are off their heads. For every good signing he made he made at least one bad one. He underestimated this league massively. Blew our transfer budget and wages think nothing of the ffp rules coming in

Signed most of our better players?

Pearson has signed 7 permanent players 3 on loan, Sven signed 14 permanents 12 players on loan

Of our usual starting 11, 3 are Sven signings. One of them has been duff this season, Kasper has been decent and Nugent excellent.

I think that tells you all you need to know about the majority of Svens signings.

No Babs, if we had the likes of John Paintsil, Michael Ball and Michael Johnson in our aide, coupled with the midfield maestro Neil Danns, the prolific Jermaine Beckford and the defensive powerhouse of Matt Mills, we'd be top of the league by a country mile by now. Why can't you see that?!

I thought it was widely accepted now that Sven was a clown. People preferring to think otherwise are off their heads. For every good signing he made he made at least one bad one. He underestimated this league massively. Blew our transfer budget and wages think nothing of the ffp rules coming in

Up until the summer I thought we might do something with him, we regressed massively though after his signings then. Way too many average players here for the money. Something rather similar to what Redknapp now faces at QPR.

For every fault Sven had it was the owners that sanctioned the deals and the wages I imagine do they not get blamed for it?

It's ultimately their fault for picking Sven, I don't blame them for signing a load of duffers. They put their faith in the wrong person.

So you think championship clubs aren't spending money because of ffp?? Not sure about that comment.

As for Sven, not sure he was best man for job but to call him a clown is harsh. If Pearson has half the success Sven has had in managing teams then he will do well... But eh, you must be another one of those fans that think Pearson is actually a BETTER manager than Sven

So you think championship clubs aren't spending money because of ffp?? Not sure about that comment.

As for Sven, not sure he was best man for job but to call him a clown is harsh. If Pearson has half the success Sven has had in managing teams then he will do well... But eh, you must be another one of those fans that think Pearson is actually a BETTER manager than Sven

He's certainly a better manager in the Championship - both of their tenures at this club prove that.

Please explain what Nigel Pearson has achieved managing a club! League 1 promotion I think . Now compare that to Sven record!

No comparison ! Laughable in fact!

Oh dear.

Sven outspent the whole of Europe to buy the titles in Italy etc, quarter of a billion pounds, even in them days...

He tried to replicate that success by also outspending the whole of the Championship to assemble......... a midtable side. Bravo... He should get an award for that.

what's he done for that past decade anyway? Other than lining his pockets by getting sacked from every single job he's had.

Where has talk of Sven come from, anyway? other than setting us back 2 years of course.

He's best left in the past.

Why because Pearson wanted his own team of goody two shoe players? Just because they are now in Pearsons starting 11 doesnt make them better.. it may tell you that but it tells me that Pearson can't work with the higher profile players, if they were on silly wages then fine they should go but the replacements have simply not been an improvement.

Why because Pearson wanted his own team of goody two shoe players? It may tell you that but it tells me that Pearson can't work with the higher profile players, if they were on silly wages then fine they should go but the replacements have simply not been an improvement.

How is playoff position not an improvement on midtable mediocrity?

FFS

Also, looking at the league positioning Sven couldn't handle those players either, perhaps he just signed players who were collectively bang average

Why because Pearson wanted his own team of goody two shoe players? Just because they are now in Pearsons starting 11 doesnt make them better.. it may tell you that but it tells me that Pearson can't work with the higher profile players, if they were on silly wages then fine they should go but the replacements have simply not been an improvement.

Great point! We all loved Yakubu didn't we!!!

But there's genuine fans that think Pearson getting in Vardy is a far better option!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha

Merry Christmas by the way

Great point! We all loved Yakubu didn't we!!!

But there's genuine fans that think Pearson getting in Vardy is a far better option!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha

Merry Christmas by the way

Yeah it would be really nice to have Yakubu back, the 60K per week wages would really help the club and would create so much harmony in the dressing room

Please explain what Nigel Pearson has achieved managing a club! League 1 promotion I think . Now compare that to Sven record!

Did you not read my post then? Compare both managers performance in the Championship and then tell me who is the better manager in this league.

How is playoff position not an improvement on midtable mediocrity?

FFS

Also, looking at the league positioning Sven couldn't handle those players either, perhaps he just signed players who were collectively bang average

I agree, hence I said at the time that we needed a manager who could get the best out of them considering the amount we spent. The whole process of shipping them out, cancelling contracts, then letting Pearson spend no end on his very average team of players has probably cost us even more. Perfect example if ever there was of how not to run a football club.

I won't claim to know anything about these rules but Pearson has stated previously this is why he made the changes to the squad (and he probably disliked the majority of them anyway)

He brought in young hungry players for perhaps half the wage bill and transfer fees. Look where we are now compared to big spending Sven and his team.

Sven WAS a clown of a manager in this league. He had a very good club record with teams before accepting the England job, a job he was very successful at too. He had never managed a team in this league though, and wasn't used to dealing with lower class players. Thinking he could turn up and use his influence to sign some recognised household names/international players and then play our way out of this league showed massive naivety. On a cold wet Tuesday night in January away against a lower league team you needed to know how to win ugly. Sven didnt.

So due to the above, YES i do think Pearson is a better manager than Sven in this league. It shouldn't even need debating. There aren't too many ex England managers/ succesfull European club managers in the Championship for a reason.

Did you not read my post then? Compare both managers performance in the Championship and then tell me who is the better manager in this league.

Archived