Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Did you not read my post then? Compare both managers performance in the Championship and then tell me who is the better manager in this league.

Until Pearson gets leicester promoted then I will say him but as it stands and especially after last 5 games my opinion switches to Sven

Why because Pearson wanted his own team of goody two shoe players? Just because they are now in Pearsons starting 11 doesnt make them better.. it may tell you that but it tells me that Pearson can't work with the higher profile players, if they were on silly wages then fine they should go but the replacements have simply not been an improvement.

Morgan and Mills?

Great point! We all loved Yakubu didn't we!!!

But there's genuine fans that think Pearson getting in Vardy is a far better option!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha

Merry Christmas by the way

Makes it all the more bizarre that SGE should sign Beckford when he could have signed Yakubu then, who wanted to join but didn't feel wanted as we chased Maynard, interviewed CMS, overlooked the likes of Charlie Austin and then somehow settled on Beckford.

From the players out there Vardy is doing OK, his performances are game changing, the goals aren't totally there yet but it took Beckford until March to score as many as Vardy has now, and even this season Vardy's fractionally ahead on goals per game. He shows all the attributes that goals will come, just needs some support whilst the performances aren't getting the goals they deserve... Although support is the last thing our supporters give anyone in the team, instead spending all their time whining about who's not in the team or who's left.

I agree, hence I said at the time that we needed a manager who could get the best out of them considering the amount we spent. The whole process of shipping them out, cancelling contracts, then letting Pearson spend no end on his very average team of players has probably cost us even more. Perfect example if ever there was of how not to run a football club.

And now you want Pearson gone so another manager can come in and do exactly what you've described in this post?

Morgan and Mills?

Of course there have been improvements but overall the team isn't good enough to go up, so were as we were. We may be in a playoff position now but without 3 or 4 quality additions (and I'm not talking Man Utd reserves or conference strikers) then we'll continue to slide down the table.

Of course there have been improvements but overall the team isn't good enough to go up, so were as we were. We may be in a playoff position now but without 3 or 4 quality additions (and I'm not talking Man Utd reserves or conference strikers) then we'll continue to slide down the table.

How'd you know? Aren't teams allowed a slump in results (i don't use the word form as for a fair few of the games I've seen us drop points we hadn't deserved to. Hopefully, if you go to the games you'll realise this too)

Are these the same players we'll slide down the table with who took us to the top two months ago?

Sven gambled when he arrived and spent the money..

When he left I'm not sure we were 10 points behind the leaders , which as it stands is where we are now!

Difference is though that the current 10 point gap still sees us in the playoff places.

And that Pearson has already took us to the summit this season albeit for a short stay. Sven got nowhere near

Until Pearson gets leicester promoted then I will say him but as it stands and especially after last 5 games my opinion switches to Sven

So Pearson has us in the playoffs now and guided us to the playoffs in his first spell here, but Sven's better because he spent a fortune and we were never inside the playoffs during his entire time here? Wake up. I'm not saying Pearson is a better manager, but he's certainly been a better City boss and a better manager in this league.

So Pearson has us in the playoffs now and guided us to the playoffs in his first spell here, but Sven's better because he spent a fortune and we were never inside the playoffs during his entire time here? Wake up. I'm not saying Pearson is a better manager, but he's certainly been a better City boss and a better manager in this league.

Not sure if the difference is that obvious ! Until Pearson puts us in a position where we are a win away from automatic prom then I will say he is better then Sven.

As it stands we are a defeat away from dropping out of play offs !

Why because Pearson wanted his own team of goody two shoe players? Just because they are now in Pearsons starting 11 doesnt make them better.

No league position and my eyes tell me they are better. So frankly that's your crapest argument yet.

Pearson can't work with the higher profile players

:rolleyes: Still clinging to that crap I see.

Not sure if the difference is that obvious ! Until Pearson puts us in a position where we are a win away from automatic prom then I will say he is better then Sven.

As it stands we are a defeat away from dropping out of play offs !

Nope, the difference is as obvious as that - under Pearson we finished in the playoffs and we're in the playoffs now. Under Sven we never got close.

Nope, the difference is as obvious as that - under Pearson we finished in the playoffs and we're in the playoffs now. Under Sven we never got close.

You are arguing with the man who thinks SSL deserves more credit than Hobbs... because he plays for Ireland. Or that Mills is better than Hobbs because he was linked with a premier league team.

You cannot debate with people who have that attitude.

Am I missing something here? Were we fighting relegation under Sven ? If I recall he left and we were looking to break into playoffs.. As it stands and if we take in account current form we are going to drop out.. So until Pearson consistently keeps us strong in the play offs then I don't think he is that much better than Sven .

In my opinion I think we should be always in with a chance of getting in top 2 , but we are not

Am I missing something here? Were we fighting relegation under Sven ? If I recall he left and we were looking to break into playoffs.. As it stands and if we take in account current form we are going to drop out.. So until Pearson consistently keeps us strong in the play offs then I don't think he is that much better than Sven .

In my opinion I think we should be always in with a chance of getting in top 2 , but we are not

Which is why you'll never be happy and are possibly one of the boo boys too.

Anyone knowing anything about football knows that nothing is that black and white nor easy

You are arguing with the man who thinks SSL deserves more credit than Hobbs... because he plays for Ireland. Or that Mills is better than Hobbs because he was linked with a premier league team.

You cannot debate with people who have that attitude.

SSL and Matt Mills are better centre backs than jack Hobbs, just my opinion!

I think mills is a knob however

My attitude has nothing to do with it

Again - Pearson's had us consistently in the playoffs, Sven never had us in the playoffs and in fact he struggled to even string together back to back wins. Pearson has been a better manager for City than Sven ever was.

Again - Pearson's had us consistently in the playoffs, Sven never had us in the playoffs and in fact he struggled to even string together back to back wins. Pearson has been a better manager for City than Sven ever was.

But his win percentage hardly backs up you argument?

NP 45%

SVG 43%

Is this hard evidence to base your opinion on

SSL and Matt Mills are better centre backs than jack Hobbs, just my opinion!

I think mills is a knob however

My attitude has nothing to do with it

What does it matter?

Hobbs isn't with us anymore, and Morgan is better than all of them.

It's a fair point and difficult to argue against ..... Sven took over and we were near the bottom - in his reign he took us up by at least 10 league places. NP has sustained us a few places above where he took over.

It's a pretty mute point though. For me Sven was the better manager - but we have NP now and it's irrelevant.

But his win percentage hardly backs up you argument?

NP 45%

SVG 43%

Is this hard evidence to base your opinion on

Sven's is very close to 44% and if NP loses one more game he'll be almost identical.

What does it matter?

Hobbs isn't with us anymore, and Morgan is better than all of them.

Yeah he is.

Hobbs was average, Mills wasn't all that ...... Deuce!

Morgan is immense though!!!

Consider how manymore games NP has had in charge of us

Those figures are only for his second spell which isn't dissimilar to Sven.

Archived