Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

The only managers available that would give credence to sacking NP otherwise their would be no point are Roberto Di Matteo and Curbishley who are free agents and decent ones at that. I doubt we would go down the manager in a job route.

Good call .... forgot about Curbishley ..... I do hope we don't get rid of NP, but if results persist as they are, and we do then please let us have thought it through first.

The beauty with forums is we can all express opinions and agree or disagree. The squad Pearson inherited was full of over paid under performing players. He has had to move a lot out and bring in players and has saved us a hell of a lot on wages and most of his purchases have gone up in value.

I don't expect us to win every game i expect the Tigers to win every game but i do expect us to try. We don't know what he has been told about finances FFP is coming but no doubt there are ways around that. It looks like Wellens and Gally will be going and Beckford is with Huddersfield for the season, still undecided about having Danns back but think the boss has more of a clue than me.

Think of the players who Sven had bought also those given improved contracts under him, give Pearson a chance but don't start shouting when he brings in players we know little about. Drinkwater, Marshall and Knockeart were not high up on any radar and Waggy looked done for here. Morgan also got a load of abuse when he joined but seems now he looks a good bet for player of the season.

The beauty with forums is we can all express opinions and agree or disagree. The squad Pearson inherited was full of over paid under performing players. He has had to move a lot out and bring in players and has saved us a hell of a lot on wages and most of his purchases have gone up in value.

I don't expect us to win every game i expect the Tigers to win every game but i do expect us to try. We don't know what he has been told about finances FFP is coiming but no doubt there are ways around that. It looks like Wellens and Gally will be going and Beckford is with Huddersfield for the season, still undecided about having Danns back but think the boss has more of a clue than me.

Think of the players who Sven had bought also those given improved contracts under him, give Pearson a chance but don't start shouting when he brings in players we know little about. Drinkwater, Marshall and Knockeart were not high up on any radar and Waggy looked done for her. Morgan also got a load of abuse when he joined but seems now he looks a good bet for player of the season.

Agree completely.

Sack him.

Pearson has done very well clearing up the shit state the club was left in by Erickson and he has made some inspired signings coupled with a good team spirit,but his weak spot is his tactics. He has been outhought by the three managers who have beaten us over the last month. All three used the same method and all other clubs from now on know how to beat us.

His substitutions agains Cardif were laughable and every one in the ground knew it. Why the hell he put that Man united reject light weight lonee on only he knows, because no one else has a clue. That game was crying out for a big strong center forward with hight ( Futac ). Why does he persist with Vardy when again every one knows he is not going to make it at this level and is clearly out of his depth.

I don't dislike Pearson but when it comes to tactics I think it will be his eventual downfall.

Can I please point out to you that he won an F.A. Cup and the Champions League this year. Thanks. Just pointing out how ****ing silly that suggestion is.

Calm down mate.

Don't let a guy in the youth team get to you.

We are first team we speak more sense.

Pearson has done very well clearing up the shit state the club was left in by Erickson and he has made some inspired signings coupled with a good team spirit,but his weak spot is his tactics. He has been outhought by the three managers who have beaten us over the last month. All three used the same method and all other clubs from now on know how to beat us.

His substitutions agains Cardif were laughable and every one in the ground knew it. Why the hell he put that Man united reject light weight lonee on only he knows, because no one else has a clue. That game was crying out for a big strong center forward with hight ( Futac ). Why does he persist with Vardy when again every one knows he is not going to make it at this level and is clearly out of his depth.

I don't dislike Pearson but when it comes to tactics I think it will be his eventual downfall.

It's quite a major flaw in a football manager!?

jesus, we were quality today. On another day we could have easyly won by 3 or 4. Yes, the last ten mins was dissapointing but we were very unlucky.

a) We weren't "quality" by a long way. From the time we conceded we were extremely limited and frustrating in numerous ways.

b) We weren't playing on "another day" and the size of the goals wouldn't have been any different whichever day we played. You get nothing for hitting the bar or the posts or shooting in such a way as the goalkeeper is able to do what he's paid for which is making saves.

c) How were we unlucky? The second best chance was a potential tap into an open goal for Cardiff which would have made it 2-0.

I've read this entire debate with interest, balancing one argument against another and the most compelling inputs I've read refer to making yet another disruptive managerial change and doing so just before the transfer window opens.

On balance I can't see that sacking Pearson now would be more likely to improve our promotion chances but the whole argument is hardly helped by comments which simply don't acknowledge our current failings, some of which are chronic and long established.

This year's quest is not over for all that a good few of us are disappointed, particularly after such a bright and positive start.

I'd stick with Pearson until it is over and then review the situation with an open mind before making an early decision about next season.

Whether our owners are really qualified to assess our footballing prospects under Pearson or otherwise I don't know. But i do have concerns because, if it were my club, I'd have been demanding certain changes long ago - in preparation and philosophy - and would have been extremely concerned about some of our recruitment, our selection decisions and about our tactics at various times.

I'd also be thinking about our manager's personality, particularly his attitude towards the media and his ways of handling seemingly "difficult" personnel problems.

I don't pretend to know all the factors concerning Beckford, Mills, Danns, Gradel but it does seem like a fairly long list of people he couldn't get the best from.

And I'm wondering now if he'll even get the best out of people he picks, out of people confined to the bench like Schlupp or, indeed, out of the team as a unit.

Cos that's really what management is about. Getting the best out of people. Yet Pearson needs to ask himself if he even knows how to get the best out of himself. Cos what I see sometimes doesn't impress me one bit.

I for one wanted Pearson gone when lcfc lost to Burton in the cup but he has made me change my mind about him,, I want him to stay we have a mint team play very well,, just not got the results, we have seen what our team can do when we gel,, if we beat hull today we are back in it so give the poor bloke a chance he's doing a good job

If you actually read it not really.

Actually yes i do read things :P , i wondered when Gradel would get a mention.

Also we were better than what he wrote, King had three chances alone in the penalty box during the match one on one with the keeper and shot wide, toe poked and finally blasted straight at the keeper and even when the keeper wasnt there to save from us and we shot wide etc., a defender did a great headed clearance off the line.

The only mistake Pearson has made with us from my viewpoint is having a weak strikeforce but that was down to taking a chance on Vardy and probably not being able to sell Becks.

We rely far to much on Nugent for my liking.

I do have to say personally i am far from convinced by Kasper this season, the last two home games the opposition scored with their first real shots on target.

Perhaps it is just a bad patch for him or maybe he needs proper competition for his place :xmasunsure:

or maybe i am being over critical.

Archived