Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Read my post on page 15/16

So you were being sarcastic? It doesn't sound like it tbh and there's plenty of idiots on here that think anyone in this division bar us is dross and we're entitled to beating them, regardless of their position.

Bottom line is the referee cost us two points most recently against Forest.

Could be the difference between success and the sack come the end of the season.

And if it is he deserves the sack. simple as that. Referees do not cost managers their job - the manager does.

And if it is he deserves the sack. simple as that. Referees do not cost managers their job - the manager does.

Yeah, but we're still in the top six, having cut costs from last season when we finished mid-table. Plus we've brought in players who are young and will be either doing a good job for us in five years time or will be sold for a massive profit. But apart from those minor details we're crap and should return to the proven method of changing managers every five minutes, it's worked for the last ten years.

Yeah, but we're still in the top six, having cut costs from last season when we finished mid-table. Plus we've brought in players who are young and will be either doing a good job for us in five years time or will be sold for a massive profit. But apart from those minor details we're crap and should return to the proven method of changing managers every five minutes, it's worked for the last ten years.

Yes we should just lower our expectations again ..... Lower them far enough to think that a run of 12 points from 33 is good enough and defend that against any criticism.

Not left a game early for years but did the other day because of Nigel's subs. For me they removed any chance of us winning a game. Also am I the only person who is fed up with comments about Waghorn putting in lots of effort - I have never seen a striker back into defenders so much. If he cannot back into anyone he seems lost!! Effort does not win games and while he does put on lots of effort we need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

All in all we are lucky to be in the position we are when you look back at how we have played this season - I have seen flashes of real quality and some of the best football for years but only in odd patches.

Need a midfielder and striker - lets see who Nigel can pick up - generally he goes for players lacking in flair - hope he changes his approach.

Yes we should just lower our expectations again ..... Lower them far enough to think that a run of 12 points from 33 is good enough and defend that against any criticism.

I care about where we are in the table and whether I think, as a club, we are progressing or going backwards. We're in the top six and I am certain that in the long term we are progressing as a football club. Since we've not been in the top six for practically the entire last two years, and have been regularly in there this season, I think it's fair to say that things are moving forward under Pearson. But obviously you're not willing to look at things in the long term, rather than judging a manager or player on the last five minutes (Which is what you seem to do).

I care about where we are in the table and whether I think, as a club, we are progressing or going backwards. We're in the top six and I am certain that in the long term we are progressing as a football club. Since we've not been in the top six for practically the entire last two years, and have been regularly in there this season, I think it's fair to say that things are moving forward under Pearson. But obviously you're not willing to look at things in the long term, rather than judging a manager or player on the last five minutes (Which is what you seem to do).

Nope ..... 12 games. About 30% of the season.

We were top, then we had 30% of the season on relegation form. The most recent form. that's not improving.

We were top, then we had 30% of the season on relegation form. The most recent form. that's not improving.

Ahhhh so we can only go on recent form. Well if we twist it like that we lost against Cardiff and drew today.... So recent form has improved.

I will pass judgement re are we progressing when I see the signings made in January.

Guest Col city fan

Ahhhh so we can only go on recent form. Well if we twist it like that we lost against Cardiff and drew today.... So recent form has improved.

Don't be fooled by Waller's twists Babs. He tries to come across as backing Pearson and will then appear to shove the knife in faster than you can say 'Managerial merry-go-round'.

I rest my case. 30% of the season is not what I'm talking about, what I'm saying is we are a much better side than we were last year and that is reflected in our league position. As I've said earlier if you're going to sack a manager every time we have a run of 11 or 12 poor games, you would have never seen Leicester beat Palace at Wembley and go on to have the success we had under O'Neill. If you observe what Pearson has done in the long term we are improving and to such a great extent that we can afford a run of 12 poor results and still be ahead of our peak position last year. If you can't see that, that's an improvement then there's something wrong with you.

The most disappointing element is the way Nigel does not accept that he might be wrong - the subs made in the last home game were unreal. In truth other than odd flashes we have not played consistent football all year.

The most disappointing element is the way Nigel does not accept that he might be wrong - the subs made in the last home game were unreal. In truth other than odd flashes we have not played consistent football all year.

Fans call for Pearson to play five in midfield, Pearson does so, Leicester don't win, Pearson won't listen to the fans and never accepts that he's wrong. Makes perfect sense.

No-one's saying its good enough or that we don't need to improve. But some of us can see the bigger picture and have enough confidence in this group of players and the management team at the club based on what we've seen so far this season to believe that we are more than capable of turning this around.

By "odd flashes" you mean overwhelming majority of the time?

Christ, I swear people on FoxesTalk would be happier with Sven reinstated and us down in 14th-11th (at best) unable to put back to back wins together and never, ever troubling the playoffs.

We're handily placed, couple of signings are coming in, we could make a real push... with only the 'supporters' still to play a part

Christ, I swear people on FoxesTalk would be happier with Sven reinstated and us down in 14th-11th (at best) unable to put back to back wins together and never, ever troubling the playoffs.

We were rarely that low under Sven so I don't know how you can say we'd be there at best.

Never in the top fookin 6 either

Well we were.

But I agree we're much better off now, I just think that the post I quoted was a tad harsh towards Sven, he didn't do a great job, especially considering the money he spent on poor players, but we weren't exactly stuck in the bottom half throughout his time in charge.

I rest my case. 30% of the season is not what I'm talking about, what I'm saying is we are a much better side than we were last year and that is reflected in our league position. As I've said earlier if you're going to sack a manager every time we have a run of 11 or 12 poor games, you would have never seen Leicester beat Palace at Wembley and go on to have the success we had under O'Neill. If you observe what Pearson has done in the long term we are improving and to such a great extent that we can afford a run of 12 poor results and still be ahead of our peak position last year. If you can't see that, that's an improvement then there's something wrong with you.

Nothing wrong with me at all you'll be pleased to hear .....

I was there for every one of MON's first 13 games including the sheff utd game. It was understandable but out of order for the Oneill out posters ..... Quite quickly after that we went on a great run and MON started taking the club to a new high.

The difference between you and i is that I don't see NP doing that.

It's that simple - there's nothing wrong with me, i'm not a muppet, it's not my first game, i'm not trying to get him out through stats ..... I'm commenting on my team that i support on a forum about it.

My opinion is that NP's reign will be over soon if he doesn't start to pick up wins .... he's had an awful spell and depending upon your view that either ends soon or he gets sacked.

Not really sure why all the vitriol.

Nothing wrong with me at all you'll be pleased to hear .....

I was there for every one of MON's first 13 games including the sheff utd game. It was understandable but out of order for the Oneill out posters ..... Quite quickly after that we went on a great run and MON started taking the club to a new high.

The difference between you and i is that I don't see NP doing that.

It's that simple - there's nothing wrong with me, i'm not a muppet, it's not my first game, i'm not trying to get him out through stats ..... I'm commenting on my team that i support on a forum about it.

My opinion is that NP's reign will be over soon if he doesn't start to pick up wins .... he's had an awful spell and depending upon your view that either ends soon or he gets sacked.

Not really sure why all the vitriol.

Did you think MON would do that after 13 games?

Hardly vitriol anyway.

Don't be fooled by Waller's twists Babs. He tries to come across as backing Pearson and will then appear to shove the knife in faster than you can say 'Managerial merry-go-round'.

Babs, like me like me ..... Col, give it in, it's pathetic.

I'll make myself clear so you don't have to accuse me of anything. And so my opinion is clear unlike yours that seems to change depending on who you're sucking up to at the time.

I back NP because he's our manager. I want him to turn around our fortune because i don't want a managerial merry go round. I have suggested how he may do that and to some extent he did some of it today. But without doing the other bits it was too negative.

I also don't think that 12 points from 33 is an acceptable return. I'm willing to say that and question the manager because it's a football forum. I'm also not really bothered if people like me or my opinion, i just want to chat about football and have a debate. Maybe even learn a few things along the way.

If NP doesn't get at least 7 points in the next 12 available then i think it would be time to call it a day on the NP experiment and come to terms with the fact that it was the wrong appointment all along. I don't particularly like what i hear of him as a person or manager, he seems to be weak and insecure and thrive off bullying an interviewer rather than communicate with the fans that pay his wages.

I don't see the need to insult anyone with a different view, but be my guest if you do.

Archived