Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

SkyGo

You can log in on the Sky.com web site and go to manage account and manage devices. This shows you the devices the account can watch Sky on - there is a limit of two. When you log in onto the Sky Go app on your iPhone it will automatically register the phone to the account and let you watch whatever channels you are subscribed to.

I don't think my nan hasa sky account

She has to, otherwise she wouldn't have Sky. The username and password are the same as her email settings; [email protected]. Even if she doesn't use this, she'll have it because it would have been made when she registered with Sky. It's like a customer number, except Sky have customer usernames.

You can log in on the Sky.com web site and go to manage account and manage devices. This shows you the devices the account can watch Sky on - there is a limit of two. When you log in onto the Sky Go app on your iPhone it will automatically register the phone to the account and let you watch whatever channels you are subscribed to.

She has to, otherwise she wouldn't have Sky. The username and password are the same as her email settings; [email protected]. Even if she doesn't use this, she'll have it because it would have been made when she registered with Sky. It's like a customer number, except Sky have customer usernames.

She doesnt have a computer

And can i do it on my iPhone and iPad or is it two from computer or portable device

And can i do it on my iPhone and iPad or is it two from computer or portable device

iPhone and iPad would be fine. But then you couldn't watch it on your computer. She doesn't need to have a computer?

Take a look at this http://www.sky.com/p...o-watch/sky-go/

Under how to set it up, it says

Setting up Sky Go on your iPad/iPhone

1. Set up your device: Go to the iTunes store, download the free Sky Go app and follow the simple instructions.

2. Sign in or sign up: To start using Sky Go just log in using your Sky iD. If you don’t have one yet, you can sign up now.

3. Start watching: Once you've signed in you’re ready to Go.

She doesn't need a computer as long as she has a Sky account and you have a pc/iphone/pad or other mobile device you should be able to access it.

What I'm saying is by sky account do you mean one on the computer?

Well there is no sky account on the computer, it's on Sky's database. You just need to log into it on a device connected to the internet. When your Nan signed up for Sky, as DB11 said, she will have had a Sky email address set up and that's your username to log in with.

Yeah my grandad says he doesnt have an account he just pays by direct debit :S

Well he still has an account, or why would they been taking money off him!

What I'm saying is by sky account do you mean one on the computer?

An account with Sky that gives you permission access to their broadcasts on a TV via a Sky box. Presumably this is what your Nan has. If this is the case she will have a username and password. When you've downloaded the SkyGo app onto your Ipad go into SKY.com and log into your nans account and then select the Skygo option/

My nan says she dont have an email or password lol. I have no idea

Well she will have, if she never logs into it online or has never had the need to contact them by phone then she's probably forgotten it or in her case forgotten she ever had one.

She'll probably need to contact Sky and ask them. They'll want some details off her and they probably have a 'secret/personal' question like mother's maiden name or pet's name that she agreed with them to prove who she is.

Haha i really cant be arsed sorting it to be honest! Cheers anyway people :)

Old people and technology just don't mix

Hang on I'm an oldy and I managed it ok even sorted my lad out to get Skygo on his Ipad. :P

Anyway it seemed to be you that couldn't quite grasp what to do. lol

Archived