Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brenfox

Gaming headsets

I got some cheapish ones for Crimbo. Asked for the wired ones, not a big fan of wireless.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gioteck-Wired-Multi-Format-Headset/dp/B005LN5U42/

I've not tried them yet but will prob give them a blast later today. I've been using some very cheap ones for playing Modern Warfare in the past, and was happy with them, so I know these'll be more impressive.

Might even have a go on Dead Space using these soon. Had it for a year but not played it yet.

Worth getting if your into your Battlefield/COD games. You can hear the fcukers walking up behind you and you know where the heli's are in the sky when they're not in view. Make sure you get 5.1 surround minimum. I use Turtle Beach X11's for the X-Box

I want some of these partly because my baby is in bed before 8 so I need to get some headphones for playing anyway.

If I was watching a bluray on my PS3, would the headphones work for that also?

I would want wireless though - any recommendations?

I was going to go wireless but a mate told me his batteries were forever dying. I went for wired in the end although it can sometimes get messi. just remember 5:1 surround or above ;)

Tried mine yesterday on Modern Warfare 1. It felt like a brand new game, sounded totally different. Way better, and mine are only £25 ones. The surround sound more expensive types would be unbelievable, but these are good enough for me for now!

If I was watching a bluray on my PS3, would the headphones work for that also?

Aslong as you have your audio setting to go to the headset then yes!

I tried mine yesterday on ITVPlayer on the PS3 just to test the tv/movie sound. Picked 'That Dog Can Dance' to test them on as I knew it'd have some music.

Flippin awesome. Can hear bass like not heard for years. And other sounds are so clear.

I have the Turtle Beaches PX21 and they're absolutely monsterous. Great if you like playing games such as Call of Duty.

You can hear people halfway across the map, great for seeking opposition players movements out and when they're close to you. The sound quality is outstanding, as well as the crispness of the microphone.

I paid £75, they may be cheaper now but even they aren't, I'd highly, highly recommend them.

Tried mine yesterday on Modern Warfare 1. It felt like a brand new game, sounded totally different. Way better, and mine are only £25 ones. The surround sound more expensive types would be unbelievable, but these are good enough for me for now!

I tried mine yesterday on ITVPlayer on the PS3 just to test the tv/movie sound. Picked 'That Dog Can Dance' to test them on as I knew it'd have some music.

Flippin awesome. Can hear bass like not heard for years. And other sounds are so clear.

Which ones have you got?

Sets? For your head?

lol

Which ones have you got?

Gioteck EX-05 wired ones, £25 on Amazon. Defo not as good as what others are using, but they are 10 times better than what I'm used to. Well worth the money.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B005LN5U42/

The same ones with wireless are about £40 odd but I've heard the wireless bit can go wrong so got the wired.

On a side note, I bought the dl version of San Andreas from the PS3 store the other day. The radio stations sound flippin awesome! Even the tunes I never used to like sound good now.

lol

Gioteck EX-05 wired ones, £25 on Amazon. Defo not as good as what others are using, but they are 10 times better than what I'm used to. Well worth the money.

The same ones with wireless are about £40 odd but I've heard the wireless bit can go wrong so got the wired.

On a side note, I bought the dl version of San Andreas from the PS3 store the other day. The radio stations sound flippin awesome! Even the tunes I never used to like sound good now.

i use these, they are decent tbf.

lol

I just ordered a set

• 2 weeks later...

Archived