Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brenfox

Gaming headsets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got some cheapish ones for Crimbo. Asked for the wired ones, not a big fan of wireless.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B005LN5U42/

I've not tried them yet but will prob give them a blast later today. I've been using some very cheap ones for playing Modern Warfare in the past, and was happy with them, so I know these'll be more impressive.

Might even have a go on Dead Space using these soon. Had it for a year but not played it yet.

just bringing this thread back up, i have those, but am looking at upgrading

will it be worth it you reckon?

just bringing this thread back up, i have those, but am looking at upgrading

will it be worth it you reckon?

Did you get the wired version of the Gioteck? That's the only downside I've got with mine - flipping wires are way too long for me. I have to bundle them up and kick them under the chair.

Did you get the wired version of the Gioteck? That's the only downside I've got with mine - flipping wires are way too long for me. I have to bundle them up and kick them under the chair.

just wrap the excess wire round your hand and pop a laggy band over it. Should keep it tidy for ya

yes mate, i did

I was just curious to as if i bought a more expensive pair, that i would be able to hear others in the game more clearly

just wrap the excess wire round your hand and pop a laggy band over it. Should keep it tidy for ya

Cheers pal that worked lol

yes mate, i did

I was just curious to as if i bought a more expensive pair, that i would be able to hear others in the game more clearly

Not sure about what difference the quality would be. These Gioteck are the best I've ever tried so don't know about the real expensive ones. I've heard the surround sound does help but haven't got a clue how much better they are.

and there is a big difference in sound between the stereo headsets and 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound headsets. enough difference so you can tell which side people walk up behind you or helicopters in the sky. think of the cinema when you watch a film. the sound is a lot better than watching the same film at home on the tv.

Most in this thread seem to be talking about console headsets. Are there any recommendations for PC ones? Are they the same (universally compatible)?

I use my Turtle Beaches for my pc. Just plug headset direct into USB and microphone input... simples

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about getting some TB-X12s, theyre £30 now and they look pretty good; but Ive not really looked deep into the market. Wanna get a custom 360 pad aswell, maybe with a mod chip but I wont spend higher than £40 for that.

I have got abit of an issue atm tho and I dont wanna fuss with a new thread for it, so I bought a new game from Cex in town earlier in the week, ten pound it cost me for 'COD WAW', so I decided to try it out abit on the night and the first thing I see in the box is a COD 2 disk, put It in and for sure its COD2; a game that came out some 4-5 years previous and is 1/6 the value of WAW. So Im thinking of running up and telling the truth and hope I dont get fxxked, make sure I dont get livid if I get accused of trying to scam six quid or so on a game and get all the achievements off COD2 before I go up :P

Has anyone been in this position before? Am I likely to have to argue with them or are they pretty cool?

Alright, Ive sorted that problem out, apparently a mix up in stock but It worked out for the best cause I blitzed COD2 on Veteran in the space of 3 days :)

I still cant decide between getting the X-12s for £30 and then maybe getting the surround sound add on down the line for £40-50, or spending abit more money now and get a £60-80 set with 7.1 surround sound.

Done some research and theres a few brands about like 'Tritton', 'Steelseries', 'Astro' and the various Turtle Beaches; its just they seem to have very mixed reviews and my most likely so far (X12s), apparently dont work well with the Dolby upgrade

Sent off for some TB-X12s if anyone cared, might update them when that DSS2 goes under fourty quid, because fifty seems ridiculous right now; even considering it could improve any headset I listen to by turning it into at least a 5.1 Dolby surround sound set of headphones, its worth looking into :thumbup:

I'll post in here again when Ive given 'em a propper go, theyve been getting very good reviews for about a year :fc::):fc:

Sent off for some TB-X12s if anyone cared, might update them when that DSS2 goes under fourty quid, because fifty seems ridiculous right now; even considering it could improve any headset I listen to by turning it into at least a 5.1 Dolby surround sound set of headphones, its worth looking into :thumbup:

I'll post in here again when Ive given 'em a propper go, theyve been getting very good reviews for about a year :fc::):fc:

Just looked at them on Amazon. Just wondering a couple of things: Is the mic detachable and how long is the cable? I watch tv/films in bed and would want a 2-3m cable.

Just looked at them on Amazon. Just wondering a couple of things: Is the mic detachable and how long is the cable? I watch tv/films in bed and would want a 2-3m cable.

You should have no problem if you want cable lengths mate, theres at least two in use at all times; three is you want to use the mic.

The mic is not detatchable but you can easily swivel it up and out of the way with the mic branch also being very flexible.

Pros : Great value for money, quality design, upgradable if needs be and just as easily usable on PC

Con : Wires all over the fkin shop

Have a look at a few reviews on YouTube if you need to, you get to see how it all fits together ect ect. people opinions yada yada

You should have no problem if you want cable lengths mate, theres at least two in use at all times; three is you want to use the mic.

The mic is not detatchable but you can easily swivel it up and out of the way with the mic branch also being very flexible.

Pros : Great value for money, quality design, upgradable if needs be and just as easily usable on PC

Con : Wires all over the fkin shop

Have a look at a few reviews on YouTube if you need to, you get to see how it all fits together ect ect. people opinions yada yada

Yeah just seen one and there did look like a lot of cables. What are they all for? I'm only going to be using it on pc so wouldn't i just need the one?

Yeah just seen one and there did look like a lot of cables. What are they all for? I'm only going to be using it on pc so wouldn't i just need the one?

I think for that you'd need the USB for power, and the stereo in/out of your PC/headset.

Youve got one main wire from the headphones to the USB, in the middle of that wire you have a control board with bass boost, mic mute and volume contols of voice chat and media audio (could only work on 360 that), that board also has another out which works the mic and a port that takes the audio from source to your head.

Theres a detailed diagram on the Amazon page and the official TB page for it, its just longer for me to upload that atm :thumbup:

Archived