Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brenfox

Gaming headsets

Just had a look and found some vids on YouTube, it says it makes stereo headphones (2 speakers) into 5.1 - I don't get how 2 speakers can become 5 and a subwoofer?

I dont bloody know, its been allowed to be endorsed as such by Dolby

I dont think 5.1 actually means the amount of speakers / subs either

Just had a look and found some vids on YouTube, it says it makes stereo headphones (2 speakers) into 5.1 - I don't get how 2 speakers can become 5 and a subwoofer?

It's digital surround sound so it's imitated not genuine. Obviously you can't get surround sound out of 2 headphones :P

While I'm here I'm still stuck.

I want a gaming headset with directional sound but I also want it to have decent music quality.

- 3m cable

- Decent music quality

- Directional sound

- 3.5mm jack not USB

- Deatchable mic

I'm not asking for much :P

I dont bloody know, its been allowed to be endorsed as such by Dolby

I dont think 5.1 actually means the amount of speakers / subs either

5.1 means 5 speakers (2 front, 2 rear, one center) and 1 sub!

It's digital surround sound so it's imitated not genuine. Obviously you can't get surround sound out of 2 headphones :P

So virtual surround, aka crap then! I thought maybe the headphones had lots of little speakers in them that somehow pumped out surround sound

So virtual surround, aka crap then! I thought maybe the headphones had lots of little speakers in them that somehow pumped out surround sound

I'm pretty sure they don't. I could be making a tit out of myself though....

News to me

The thing's managing to sell for decent wack whilst getting more good reviews than bad, but as I said it need looking into more; I wanna try before I buy

News to me

The thing's managing to sell for decent wack whilst getting more good reviews than bad, but as I said it need looking into more; I wanna try before I buy

How do you try before you buy these days? I want to too but I have no idea what shop to go to to try gaming headsets. And there are so ****ing many!

They seem to be £45-50 ??

For a bit of plastic with a proccessor, and a few wires that come out of it, to simply chang the effect of sound you hear, fourty five to fifty quid doesnt feel right to me atm

For Haydos, just look in the right places like gamer forums and have a look around till one stands out. I wish places do let you try out items more, I dont know anyone thats got it but I might ask around xbox live for teh Nerd Knowledge

For a bit of plastic with a proccessor, and a few wires that come out of it, to simply chang the effect of sound you hear, fourty five to fifty quid doesnt feel right to me atm

For Haydos, just look in the right places like gamer forums and have a look around till one stands out. I wish places do let you try out items more, I dont know anyone thats got it but I might ask around xbox live for teh Nerd Knowledge

Yeah, I'm gonna hit up some forums this evening. I want to get my moneys worth as there seem to be loads of variables.

I use Planetronic 780's. Fantastic value for money and brilliant sound once you install the drivers. Couldnt recommend them enough.

http://www.amazon.co...aw/d/B0079G2Y52

I've just got these, They're incredible!

Sent off for some TB-X12s if anyone cared, might update them when that DSS2 goes under fourty quid, because fifty seems ridiculous right now; even considering it could improve any headset I listen to by turning it into at least a 5.1 Dolby surround sound set of headphones, its worth looking into :thumbup:

I'll post in here again when Ive given 'em a propper go, theyve been getting very good reviews for about a year :fc::):fc:

Think I've settled on the Plantronic 780's. Just been reading about and they seem to have great reviews at a very reasonable price. Only realised that they'd been recommended when I came back on this thread lol

How are they then, you two still enjoying them?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-5H-v2-Headset-Black/dp/B000V7ARAK/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

I'm also considering those but I reckon I'll go with the 780's.

Anyone know if it's possible to connect some USB headphones to my phone using an adapter?

I guess I'd need a female USB (for the headset to plug into) to male 3.5mm (to then plug into the phone).

I'm just not sure whether it exists or will do what I want it to do :P

Think I've settled on the Plantronic 780's. Just been reading about and they seem to have great reviews at a very reasonable price. Only realised that they'd been recommended when I came back on this thread lol

http://www.amazon.co...stp_s2_edpp_url

Yeah, I just got mine early this morning so Im gonna give them a propper rip through the weekend, have tried them out a little and theyre comfy but for some reason I felt like handling it all quite lightly for the time being, it does seem well put together tho :fc:

As for your later question, just google it man; every known object must be connected to either end of a cable by now

Yeah, i've had them on every night since i got them.

They're comfy and the surround sound really is great

I spunked £200 on a pair of Astro A40's http://www.astrogaming.co.uk/a40-audio-system-astro-edition so mainly use these now. Obviously they're a huge step up from the 780's, but I still use them for music and films sometimes so I'm not constantly using the astro's. Would still highly recommend them for 7.1 headphones on a tight budget.

• 7 months later...

which gaming system are you using? currently no bluetooth headsets work with ps4. my px5's are sitting unused while I use my phones hands free kit to chat. wired headsets are fine though I think. for game sound also they should be fine. check the turtle beach website they list the compatible sets.

ps3

px5's are they expensive?

I got mine for £156 . that was well over a year ago though. worth it , only drawbacks are they are heavy, and take batteries. so I recommend getting set of 4 rechargeables and a charger so you can charge 2 and use 2.

I got mine for £156 . that was well over a year ago though. worth it , only drawbacks are they are heavy, and take batteries. so I recommend getting set of 4 rechargeables and a charger so you can charge 2 and use 2.

The px4's are on sale at £100, any experience of those?

• 10 months later...

Has anyone had the headset problem on PS4 where the volume is nowhere near as loud as it was on your PS3? Trying to help my Mrs out. 

Her headset worked great on the PS3 but I got her a 4 and the volume is not loud enough now. On PS3 she used to plug the USB in and then the red and white RCA cables into the AV Multi Out connector. PS4 doesn't support AV (or analogue or whatever it's called) so the red/white cables have nowhere to go - she just plugs the USB in. Tried the red/white into the tv but it's no better.

Will an optical cable - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Mountain-TOSlink-Digital-Optical/dp/B00126JXLI/ and optical to RCA convertor -  http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic®-Digital-Optical-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B009ZR7IB8/ make the headset work at full volume again?

I'd rather buy these if it'd work than buy another headset specifically for PS4 because this current set is fine when they're working as should.

Archived