Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Fallout 4

Bethesda may be working on a new entry in the Fallout franchise, according to a voice actor from Fallout 3.

Erik Todd Dellums, who voiced Galaxy News Radio DJ Three Dog in the game, tweeted earlier today that it looked like he would be reprising his role in the near future.

To all my
and
fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!

Almost more excitingly than this though is the fact that Dellums confirmed Bethesda gave him permission to release the tease. Taking to Twitter once more, he explained

you're serious? dude major high 5!

How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.

Hopefully this means that the company itself won't be staying tight-lipped for much longer. Of course, there's no guarantee that this announcement is tied to a future Fallout game; whilst he refused to spill any more details about Three Dog's next appearance, Dellums did retweet a fan who suggested this could also mean a role for him in a Fallout movie.

I know you can't say but I can state the obvious.. either 3 Dog in the fallout sequel or 3 dog in Fallout Movie.

We heard rumours last August that Fallout 4 would be set in Boston, after Bethesda scouts were reported to be checking out the area from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The last Fallout game developed by Bethesda was released in 2008, with series spin-off Fallout: New Vegas serving as the most recent entry in the series developed by Obsidian Entertainment and released in 2010.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...dog-voice-actor

Amazing. Absolutely loved Fallout 3 and I thought New Vegas was very, very good too. Hopefully this won't be an MMORPG either, because I'm really not a fan of them and I was gutted when Star Wars made the latest Old Republic game an MMORPG.

Here's to Fallout 4!

Doubt it will be from what I've herd. Set in Boston apparently.

They're making an Elder Scrolss MMORPG anyway so doubt they'd go that way with Fallout as well, plus the setting of the game hardly lends itself to 1000's of players running around a map either.

One thing that always bugged me about the Fallout universe though... they seem to have things up and running again, they have machinery, they have vehicles, they have know-how... It's supposed to be a long time after the bombs dropped, so why are they all living in shacks and shanty towns with blown up cars all over the place? It looks like the day after the first strike! They've got robots for crying out loud! At least try and build some proper towns and demolish the old shit and just have a bit of a clean up!

Even when you go into people's houses, the places are absolute dumps with wallpaper and paint peeling off everything... I guess the atom bombs wiped out human pride in their homes and surroundings too! You'd think makeshift govts like the NCR would want cities and transport links and stuff back. Get a grip guys!

Think I might have been thinking about this a little too much...

I loved fallout 3 until I hit the Level cap way way before i got anywhere near the end. Then it just becomes a rushed grind to the end because killing things became a bit pointless. I hope they scrap stuff like this in the future. I cant see what good it does

It's going to be Skyrim with guns. Not a bad thing at all but it's gonna be using the same engine as that game.

Pretty sure that Bethesda already said about 6 months ago the next Fallout game would be current gen, and then they'll start work on the next proper elder scrolls game (not the mmorpg) on the next playstation and xbox. The next playstation and xbox will be available next year judging by all the info thats flying around so id expect this game at the end of the summer, before those two consoles launch at christmas.

Can't wait tbh, played all the other Fallouts to death. Its the only game ive ever bothered to buy all the dlc for.

It's going to be Skyrim with guns. Not a bad thing at all but it's gonna be using the same engine as that game.

Pretty sure that Bethesda already said about 6 months ago the next Fallout game would be current gen, and then they'll start work on the next proper elder scrolls game (not the mmorpg) on the next playstation and xbox. The next playstation and xbox will be available next year judging by all the info thats flying around so id expect this game at the end of the summer, before those two consoles launch at christmas.

Can't wait tbh, played all the other Fallouts to death. Its the only game ive ever bothered to buy all the dlc for.

lol, It's not even been confirmed that it's in development yet!

If they make another I hope it's the size of an Elder Scrolls game. I thought three was very poor in terms of size.

Seriously, if you thought F3 was a big world you need to play more RPGs.

Oh and get rid of VATS.

... And don't make the PC one a console port, I want sick graphics.

lol, It's not even been confirmed that it's in development yet!

They confirmed they were working on it months ago. They started development on the new Fallout straight after they finished Skyrim.

Not really got the time to go looking for proof because im at work, but they definatly said just after skyrim was released that they were already in the process of putting a fallout game together using the same engine.

If they make another I hope it's the size of an Elder Scrolls game. I thought three was very poor in terms of size.

Seriously, if you thought F3 was a big world you need to play more RPGs.

Oh and get rid of VATS.

... And don't make the PC one a console port, I want sick graphics.

But VATS defines Fallout - aside from the story background it's the only thing that connects the trilogy.

They confirmed they were working on it months ago. They started development on the new Fallout straight after they finished Skyrim.

Not really got the time to go looking for proof because im at work, but they definatly said just after skyrim was released that they were already in the process of putting a fallout game together using the same engine.

I'll be astounded if it's out in the summer, astounded. Autumn earliest.

If you do get a spare 5mins I would love to see the proof where they said this. The OP was due to the fact no Fallout information had been released with regards to the next game.

The game won't be out until December at the earliest, Like I said above IF the Xbox 720 gets a release this year then I can see Fallout 4 being one of the games lined up for its launch.

I'll be astounded if it's out in the summer, astounded. Autumn earliest.

The predictions more along the lines of 'It'll be released before the next gen consoles' considering they are supposed to be out this christmas im just taking a guess it'l drop before the new consoles. It'l probably be the last thing Bethesda release for the current gen.

If you do get a spare 5mins I would love to see the proof where they said this. The OP was due to the fact no Fallout information had been released with regards to the next game.

The game won't be out until December at the earliest, Like I said above IF the Xbox 720 gets a release this year then I can see Fallout 4 being one of the games lined up for its launch.

A game running on the skyrim engine isnt going to be released on the next gen consoles. What would be the point when it already runs on current gen systems (pretty much) fine.

If they were going to release it as a next gen release title, im pretty sure they'd write a new engine that would take advantage of the new hardware. Since i've already heard them say the next fallout will run on the same engine as skyrim, I cant really see that happening.

As for the proof, im at work atm so not really got the time to find it. Just before the release of Skyrim they put a documentry up showing the development of the game, they mentioned at the end of that that the next thing they are working on is a new fallout, and it would be using the same engine, they also said theyd be outsourcing it to a different compamy like they did with new vegas as well. I'll try and find it when i get home.

The predictions more along the lines of 'It'll be released before the next gen consoles' considering they are supposed to be out this christmas im just taking a guess it'l drop before the new consoles. It'l probably be the last thing Bethesda release for the current gen.

Can't see it, not even so much as a screenshot yet.

It would be possible to develop a Fallout game on a beefed up version of Skyrims engine for the next gen. The leap is really not going to be that big graphically it's the capabilities in other departments that will improve.

But VATS defines Fallout - aside from the story background it's the only thing that connects the trilogy.

lol **** off does VATS "define" Fallout.

Just because a targeting system of the same name was in the original games that doesn't make it a defining feature. It's just a gameplay mechanic and the VATS of a 2D isometric RPG is worlds away from an auto-targeting system thrust poorly in to an FPS. Games like the Elder Scrolls and Deus Ex series have proven you can have an uncomplicated first-person combat system in a roleplaying game without having to add in silly features to force a roleplaying / skill progression element to fighting.

It would do no harm to write it out or re-write it's purpose.

"Aside from the story" indeed. The story is the world, the world IS Fallout.

Just because a targeting system of the same name was in the original games that doesn't make it a defining feature. It's just a gameplay mechanic and the VATS of a 2D isometric RPG is worlds away from an auto-targeting system thrust poorly in to an FPS. Games like the Elder Scrolls and Deus Ex series have proven you can have an uncomplicated first-person combat system in a roleplaying game without having to add in silly features to force a roleplaying / skill progression element to fighting.

Agreed, VATS makes things way too easy on it, but the manual aiming system isn't great either to be honest. Fine for melee combat and for sniping, but when you're using small arms close up and you're running around, it's very tough to aim. I'd like to see a better FPS style aiming system come in.

Mind you, those shots of ghouls heads' exploding will never get old. Tunnel Snakes for life!

And what's the weak point of the Elder Scrolls games?

The combat.

Long time since I played FO3, but couldn't you turn VATS off and play it virtually like an FPS?

And what's the weak point of the Elder Scrolls games?

The combat.

Long time since I played FO3, but couldn't you turn VATS off and play it virtually like an FPS?

The weak point of Elder Scrolls is the combat because FPS melee is and always has been ridiculous. From 'slappers only' on Goldeneye through to Skyrim it'll always just be thrashing a button as fast as you can. If you play sword and board it's a bit more interesting because at least then you can block and swing and play a bit more tactically. Dual wielding on Skyrim is just hilariously daft.

Fallout isn't burdened with that problem. It's got guns, lots of guns.

The VATS system as it currently is just makes the game stupidly easy. As soon as you've got a few of the upgrades (for example, that hockey mask) that gives you extra movements in VATS you can basically just pause the game and obliterate everything with a few shotgun headshots before your enemy's had a move.

It got to the point where I was casually strolling up to Deathclaws and blasting open their faces for shits and giggles before they could move. That shouldn't happen. I mean I did Old Olney one handed with my eyes closed, not because I'm good at the game but because I just had to walk up to something, press VATS and it was done.

(Oh, as an aside, Dead Island does first person melee exceptionally well but it still only really works because nothing you're hitting is also armed with a melee weapon.)

Archived