Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

They won't call it off until it's a lost cause, and rightly so. If we can play it, it should be played. Only in England do we let a bit of snow ruin our lives. In every other country they just grit the roads, clear the pathways and get on with it. The undersoil heating should stop the snow from settling and the pitch freezing and the gritters and a bit of elbow grease (get the snow shovels out) will stop the surrounding areas from being impassable.

I completely agree. It's just that if I (and many other fans) do travel up and it is then called off, it will be a pain in the arse.

That's life I suppose but still.

I completely agree. It's just that if I (and many other fans) do travel up and it is then called off, it will be a pain in the arse.

That's life I suppose but still.

I highly doubt it will be called off - if they managed to play the game at Ipswich who had no undersoil heating at all, then this game will be one. Doubt there will even be any snow on the pitch. The only way it'll be called off is if there's a couple of feet of snow blocking the way to the stadium and I can't see it at the minute.

Couple of miles from the ground snow coming down fast but it about the size of someone's dandruff!

This country is amazing, tiny bit of snow and it stops....

It might be a tiny ammount there but other areas in the UK are a metre deep

Just the paths around the ground.

In fairness most of the people worrying are travelling big distances so you can understand their trepidation

I'm up for giving it a go but the other half is worried about getting back. I was stuck behind an accident on the M-6 for a few hours after a night game and it was not pleasant. Sub-zero temperatures wouldn't make it any more pleasant I suspect!

I'm gutted but I don't think I'll be coming tonight.

For the record, it has been snowing since 4pm yesterday in the Black Country and we have 3 or 4 inches.

Think I'll be leaving the peddle bike at home for this one. The Long March from Beaumont Leys to commence at about 4pm (calling in at one or two hostelries along the way). I hate arriving at the ground and finding out it's off (Spurs many years ago). So it better be on.

Archived