Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

Surely the Boro squad would already be down here in a hotel, Marriot etc.

I think the Boro fans will be OK as all roads are passable, if anything it is coming from the South West up through the country so travelling from the North East shouldn't be a problem.

Unless we get great big golf ball size lumps between now and kick off constantly there is nothing to worry about.

What's dropping now is like icing sugar on top of cakes.

well its forecast for light snow all day. its all about trying to keep on top of it, if we had heavy snow it would be chaos

I'm up for giving it a go but the other half is worried about getting back. I was stuck behind an accident on the M-6 for a few hours after a night game and it was not pleasant. Sub-zero temperatures wouldn't make it any more pleasant I suspect!

I'm gutted but I don't think I'll be coming tonight.

For the record, it has been snowing since 4pm yesterday in the Black Country and we have 3 or 4 inches.

Its supposed to be worse where you are.

Providing people take it steady there's no problem. When I said I felt sorry for people travelling long distances, I meant only in terms of the fact that they may well have arrived in Leicester by the time the game gets called off.

I wonder when the Boro fans are setting off.

The club should make a decision on this earlier than later for their sake, however I'd imagine Sky will have a big say in when the decision is made.

It's on. SSN have said that's the case not 10 mins ago. Windering if they're going to elaborate any further, but what they did say was that the gritters have been out on all roads a mile within the ground, the pitch is fine, the cops and HSE are happy so its game on

I wonder when the Boro fans are setting off.

The club should make a decision on this earlier than later for their sake, however I'd imagine Sky will have a big say in when the decision is made.

Main routes clear from their place all the way to the KP and based on current forecast can't see any reason to postpone this at all.

It's on. SSN have said that's the case not 10 mins ago. Windering if they're going to elaborate any further, but what they did say was that the gritters have been out on all roads a mile within the ground, the pitch is fine, the cops and HSE are happy so its game on

OK mate cheers for that.

Time to dig out the thermal jock strap!

OK mate cheers for that.

Time to dig out the thermal jock strap!

No probs. Obviously that can change, but as at the mo it's game on, there is no other announcement to make.

I thought SSN were going to our ground about 25mins ago (only to confirm what I put in previous post), but they've not mentioned it again since.

This thread is more exciting than most matches.Pantomime standard.Oh no is isnt,oh yes it is.Snow easing off 6 hours to kick off.Everyone enjoy the game and lets get the right result.In the words of Ladbrokes GAME ON

Not sure where your getting that from, if anything its getting worse

Update by my mate on Facebook a few minutes ago

GAME ON.....just been for a walk down the ground,from Raw Dykes to and around the ground all gritted........lets hope the snow flakes don't get bigger as it looks ok at the moment.......

I reckon weather forecaster try to frighten the sh1t out of everyone nowadays, so if they say 'light snow' it ain't gonna be heavy.

Around the ground, roads and paths, are only ever a problem if there is packed ice which can be dangerous - there is no compacted snow, ( ice ), and everywhere is being gritted, so there won't be any. Only other possible concern could be inside the ground, which will not happen because the club will make sure everything is OK.

The match will be on.

The only potential problem would be if all the weathers forecasts have got it badly wrong and we get a really heavy blizzardy snowfall.

That ain't gonna happen 'cos where the weather has been coming from ( South West, Somerset ) the snow stopped an hour or two ago, and they did not have it as bad as the forecasters prophesised.

Game on!

Archived