Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

I realky think it should be off now, the snows is forecast to carry on right upto the game and so I cant see the roads being safe. A lot of people arent going to go because of the weather, its really not worth the risk

Have a rummage around your crotch area and see if you still have a pair of balls!

Roads are fine, just take it steady and dont pretend your Damon Hill and all will be fine. It's the numpties that cant drive properly that will struggle.

Rubbish worse case u just let the game go ahead and watch it on tv. Its only sleet now

Id rather it was on and will brave it no matter what. It is letting up a bit now around Hinckley and clouds look a lot less dense, if it stops snowing then go ahead but if it keeps snowing I doubt the coppers will let it

I think it's suppose to stop snowing by kick off (i may be wrong though) and we'll get the pitch clear. Hopefully it won't make too much difference.

Hopefully and in fairness to Boro, they're not a hoofball team who won't have to change their gameplay much to adapt to the conditions, which is usually how you get the upsets in these kinds of conditions.

Ha, that sounds like Boro winning would be a giant-killing! Obviously that isn't what I meant... :whistle:

the roads look pretty clear of snow on the cameras. Sure there are a lot of cars at a standstill but that'll just keep the roads clear. the work traffic will keep them clear and then the cars will be gone by match time

match on.

Update from the missus... Oadby still at a standstill and she doesn't think she'll make it home tonight, could mean 1 of 3 things:

1. It's REALLY bad

2. She's overexaggerating

3. She's using it as an excuse to cheat

Fingers crossed it's not 3 HA!

She won't be home tonight !!! lol

look at the traffic cams and then realise that it's 4:15pm and people are leaving work early with the excuse of bad weather.

Your missus is playing away.

I'm gonna struggle to make this, can hardly get down my road, buses fcuked and I'm not sure I can really justify spending £30 on a taxi there and back for a game that's on TV.

Played football in heavier snow than this last night, no different to playing in wet conditions when you are out there, ball skids off the surface, but not dangerous, I still maintain it hasn't been heavy snow, just continuous light snow, and getting lighter,

The match will probably not be called off due to it being shown on Sky.

However there probably will not be many fans turning up due to the difficulties of travelling to the ground.

If you live in Leicester then you will probably manage to get there, however for a large number of us who live further afield this is not so simple.

I live 12 miles from the ground, the bus service is no good as I can get to Leicester but the last bus home is at 7.30pm so I could not get home.

If I try to travel in by car even if I leave now the chances are I may not arrive before kickoff also the thought of travelling home after another 5 hours of snow don't bear thinking about.

You may say it's on Sky you can stay in and whatch it.

I do not have Sky neither does anyone I know locally, further more none of the pubs or local hotel have Sky so seeing the match will not be possible. (Online link anyone)

One should also think about the Boro fans travelling down, they may get here, getting home is another matter.

From a fans point of view it would be best if the game was called off, however who cares about the fans these days?

Wow, we love a bit of snow action don't we....

639 user(s) are reading this topic

170 members, 465 guests, 4 anonymous users

• Wakeyfox, dynamark, Trav Le Bleu, foxfanazer, BlueBrett, Stevie Synex, Ross-Kemp, linclcfc, thybluefox, Fox_in_a_Box, THEBIGJOHNSTEADER;, kingfox, DorsetFox9, Robo61, Stevosevic, MikeyT, kristianity77, dogadug, LJS, Out Foxed, Yojoe36, StavrosFox, Bellend Sebastian, Isle of Wight Fox, FrankieADZ, Mattyfox, 1964FOX, qwerty123, isaidno, Filbert_Ross, martyn, Larry_LCFC, BlueArmy91, Bald Fox, BMR, Joeb.lcfc, Albert, norfolkfox222, nathan., Hugo Sanchez, Seymourbust, Jiggers the Fox, stix, He's not bald, BigAL88, LanguedocFox, RyanSmith, Stefan47, BrummieFOX, Cardiff_Fox, crisp packet, Kitchandro, linemakers, yorkie1999, stevelcfc, nickelbyfox, J.Lisemore, pazzerfox, izzetafox?, SantiagoFox, everton carr, Fate_UK, Dan LCFC, dannyb1985, Paddy Akinbiyi, red5, Libertine Dream, unreachable, BaltimoreBlue, fox_whirl, Captain Shrapnel, Stopper, LCFC Desire, LufbraBlue, Brown Fox, MooseBreath, Pst, ElsieLC, Bevan, Babylon, Donut, Collymore, 98foxes, mcbfox, Big Dave, Leicfox, john doe, ThorpeAstleyFox, Loggy98, wattolcfc, Ashley, foss1884, BstarFox, the FONZ ayyyyyyy, tomtom, philce, Neil_LCFC, Chairman of the Bored, Rocket-Ron, Gubbins, WhenYourSmilingLCFC, Connolly!!!, Karl_LCFC, Yuki!, billyfox1, leicesterisme, TheUltimateWinner, HoustonFox, kot94, broughtonblue, riznarma, Kyle_Le_Don, budfox, Foxin hell, Bilbo, Jonaldinho, whitlock, AnotherShitSeason, GingerrrFox, DMU Fox, Surreyfox, MattyLCFC, demon_dog, Steve Agnew, psychonaut, nlukka, chop58, melrose, pds, damolcfc, Monk, Craig, HEGGSY, mikey54, whoareyaaa, OriginalRobboFOX, Essington blue, Les-TA-Jon, Ricey, levein, dayday, emmo1987, MrCrowley, suggs1991, JACE_HOBBS, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo, Arriba Los Zorros, Peakfox, MONreborn, jdmoore, ashby_fox, Bausor, Milton Keynes Fox, leicesterseddon, ernie, VinceNoir, Ozwin, connolly19, Lobsterboyuk, lcfc matt, Vlad the Fox, James., jon1bc, LCFCmatt, Lineker's Left Foot, UrbanFox, Chryatis, Fatty Arbuckle, anotherwin, Night Air

Archived