Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

Just leaving northampton now. Fingers crossed. Does anyone park on that industrial estate behind home base? Worried about not being able to get back up the hill.

I've parked there before but usually park on the cinema car park and walk from there.

My lady left work in Conduit Street at half past three and she's only made it as far as the Time Bar so far. Shocking conditions.

I often leave home and have only made it as far as the pub at the end of the road 3 hours later. Shocking condition my liver is in!

Ian Stringer â€@StringerSport

#lcfc game is on at this stage BUT if you're going then LEAVE NOW. The roads are packed. Been at St Nics Circle for 20mins not moving

Leave now, fook off, this is ridiculous call the sodding thing off.

What the fvck, that is a ridiculous thing to say, the roads are jammed with traffic, I know why not encourage more people on to the roads, rather than wait a couple of hours and leave after rush hour, travelling by public transport excepted.

I don't drive and if I don't hear anything in the next half hour I'm going to chance waiting for the Nuneaton-King Power Stadium football bus. I can't see this being on though. Those calling on others to 'man up' need to get a grip of themselves. It doesn't matter if the conditions are playable if people can't get there to see it. You may well be right that people are not driving the way they shoul be (not that I'd know) but that doesn't alter the fact. It would be madness for this to go ahead.

It is the situation around the grounds, for health and safety and IF people can make it to the ground. Not about the pitch.

Don't go dude, stay safe, put a onesie on and curl up in front of the telly with a strawberry milk shake, then you won't have to worry about anything.

If the police were going to stop the game it would have been done by now. I live in the country, half hour drive to the city on a good day, I'm going, but then I'm not a Wus.

To all that will find it dangerous to get to the game tonight, stay at home or go to the local pub and watch the game, don't risk it if the risk is too high.

At the end of the day its only a game a football you're missing, 1 out of 46. I won't be getting there but i'll happily cheer us on and hope we get the three points.

You wimp. I thought you lived near the ground. You normally post on the boards a few minutes before kick off. How hard can it be for you to put on an extra pair of socks and a city hat and walk to the ground?

The amount of hot air you generate you could probably clear the roads on the way down. ;)

I will be walking not driving, but leaving now how ridiculous, it's only 4.30 just crazy.

If it's on I will brave it, bang 5 layers on, thermal socks and my Dad's boots and hit the Great Central.

However if Stringer says leave now, some fans have said they can't make it already, plus Middlesbrough is 3 hours away, and Simon Thomas who does the Football League on Sky, only went 8 miles in 90 minutes, and that was before people left for work.

Where has all the British determination/grit gone from society? It's a couple of inches of snow, health and safety has gone mad. People saying this should be called off - what for? Because it might take longer to get to the ground - big whoop. Just drive slowly and get on with it because that is exactly what I will be doing.

Team for tonight just announced:

1. Frosty the Snowman

2. Ice T.

3. Snow White

4. The Icicle Works

5. Eddie the Eagle (on skis)

6. Torvill and Dean

7. Jon Snow

8. Snow Patrol

9. Professor Coldheart

10. Jack Frost

11. Sister Sledge

Where has all the British determination/grit gone from society? It's a couple of inches of snow, health and safety has gone mad. People saying this should be called off - what for? Because it might take longer to get to the ground - big whoop. Just drive slowly and get on with it because that is exactly what I will be doing.

At this rate I'll make it to the ground for next years fixture!!

See you for injury time then matey. No one's moving anywhere right now.

Archived