Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

What age should you stop playing computer games?

You sound like a nerd.

Enthralling? Well not sure, travelling round the world on business used to be fun, now rather be at home with my family, not on computer games, soz.

Well if it's not your thing, that's fine, but why be so scathing about people who do play computer games? What's the point?

Enthralling? Well not sure, travelling round the world on business used to be fun, now rather be at home with my family, not on computer games, soz.

P.s My aunty came round the other day and said I always like coming over you are always smiling........so I guess you cant judge someone from posts on a forum.

Didn't really answer my questions. I'm not bothered if you enjoy them or not, I appreciate people like different things. Just more curious why you'd call them sad. Like I said, why is it any different from say, watching films?

Didn't really answer my questions. I'm not bothered if you enjoy them or not, I appreciate people like different things. Just more curious why you'd call them sad. Like I said, why is it any different from say, watching films?

I guess it really depends on how much time people spend playing it, an hour or two a week then I guess that's ok, but some still spend hours everyday.

The way i see it, i could pay 20 quid to go the cinema and watch a film for an hour and a half, or i can spend twice that on somthing i enjoy for 10+ hours. TV bores me, id much rather spend my time doing something mentally stimulating than sat infront of a tv watching people argue and shout at each other all night.

I guess it really depends on how much time people spend playing it, an hour or two a week then I guess that's ok, but some still spend hours everyday.

And a lot of people spend hours every night watching soaps and brainless quiz shows, I really dont see your point.

Here's a better question. Name a pastime that people do on a regular basis that doesn't deem them a saddo. (Sleeping, eating and masturbating don't count)

I know we generally talk football, but... internet forum use HAS to surpass moderate gaming on the geek scale

Here's a better question. Name a pastime that people do on a regular basis that doesn't deem them a saddo. (Sleeping, eating and masturbating don't count)

I know we generally talk football, but... internet forum use HAS to surpass moderate gaming on the geek scale

weeing.

And a lot of people spend hours every night watching soaps and brainless quiz shows, I really dont see your point.

Now there's something I don't get :P I'm sure plenty of people think posting on an internet football forum is sad as well (but I enjoy the interaction, sharing common interests and discussions which I aren't really available when I only know 2 Leicester fans in Sheffield. I don't tend to knock anyone's hobbies though. I may not have empathy for a few of them but I get why people enjoy stuff even if I don't. I play video games but i also play rugby, football, run, climb, go to the pub, get pissed and dance like a twat in a shitty club.

It is weird that people would knock video games but have no problem with books or film or television though.

Your calling people sad because they are playing video games. Is somebody sad because they watch tv, go to the movies, post on this forum, read facebook? or is it just the gaming part you find sad? what exactly is sad about it?

Again I will reiterate, i said it depends on how much time you are playing them, I watch tv sure, not much and when I do I tend to watch documentaries...is that sad? This forum is a vehicle to share information and express opinions, is that sad? Do people go to the movies everyday? Doubt it, .........

Again I will reiterate, i said it depends on how much time you are playing them, I watch tv sure, not much and when I do I tend to watch documentaries...is that sad? This forum is a vehicle to share information and express opinions, is that sad? Do people go to the movies everyday? Doubt it, .........

So whats the cut off point in hours where sombody becomes 'sad' or 'a nerd' then?

There's nothing wrong with that. I've got plenty of nerdy friends. If people would rather play video games than play football then what's wrong with that? I realised not so long ago that I don't care what other people think if it doesn't affect me, I don't know why so many people do.

There's nothing wrong with that. I've got plenty of nerdy friends. If people would rather play video games than play football then what's wrong with that? I realised not so long ago that I don't care what other people think if it doesn't affect me, I don't know why so many people do.

you obviously do.

Archived