Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

What age should you stop playing computer games?

Yeah my old man's just turned sixty. Has retired from a senior management position in local authority and now runs his own business, up til recently was playing in a band regularly with some mates, too, tidy social life for his age.

Doesn't stop him enjoying a bit of Football Manager or playing the odd game on his iPad.

Why not? What else should he be doing at his age? ****ing jigsaws?

Yeah my old man's just turned sixty. Has retired from a senior management position in local authority and now runs his own business, up til recently was playing in a band regularly with some mates, too, tidy social life for his age.

Doesn't stop him enjoying a bit of Football Manager or playing the odd game on his iPad.

Why not? What else should he be doing at his age? ****ing jigsaws?

Old people rule!!!

I played GoldenEye on the N64 at the weekend. ****ing magic. That's the most gaming I've done in a while though, apart from the odd bit of FIFA. Oh, and playing Football Manager Handheld on the toilet. Marvellous.

lol you don't have a case you're just a wum. Quite sad for someone who claims to have a much more interesting life than the rest of us. What do you do that is so interesting btw?

I laugh at nerds.

Why?

You scare me, your name confuses me.

Because they scare and confuse me.

Why?

Meat pie.

I thought you two had rested your case...

I played GoldenEye on the N64 at the weekend. ****ing magic. That's the most gaming I've done in a while though, apart from the odd bit of FIFA. Oh, and playing Football Manager Handheld on the toilet. Marvellous.

I thought you two had rested your case...

I have problems letting things go.

It's a severe character flaw.

Anybody who says your too old to play computer games is a narrow minded fool.

Its exactly like saying 'oh, remember that film you used to watch all the time as a kid, yeh your not allowed to watch that any more because your too old'

I can think of many films I watched all the time as a kid but now deem myself too old for:

First Pokemon film

Second Pokemon film

Third Pokemon film

Fourth Pokemon film

In a belated bid to seem cool I am pretending to not remember their full titles.

W/r to video games: I'm 23 and I've just finished the day's/night's jaunt of X-Com. Since the day doesn't hold enough time to fit games in anymore, I let it take up precious sleeping time instead before turning up to college at 0930 in dire need of the coffee I keep planning on having before leaving but snooze so long that there isn't time left to make, and it's never the only one of the day anymore either. The canteen are making a killing off my caffeinated purchases. Whenever I order anything now, instead of being asked what I want to order, the lady just asks if I want anything with my coffee! I NEED HELP

I can think of many films I watched all the time as a kid but now deem myself too old for:

First Pokemon film

Second Pokemon film

Third Pokemon film

Fourth Pokemon film

In a belated bid to seem cool I am pretending to not remember their full titles.

W/r to video games: I'm 23 and I've just finished the day's/night's jaunt of X-Com. Since the day doesn't hold enough time to fit games in anymore, I let it take up precious sleeping time instead before turning up to college at 0930 in dire need of the coffee I keep planning on having before leaving but snooze so long that there isn't time left to make, and it's never the only one of the day anymore either. The canteen are making a killing off my caffeinated purchases. Whenever I order anything now, instead of being asked what I want to order, the lady just asks if I want anything with my coffee! I NEED HELP

If somebody told me I was too old to watch The Goonies any more i'd tell them to do one.

As in a recent thread i started, im 45 and just got my first xbox. Played fifa with my kids over the years on theirs but now they have grown up and long winter nights are here thought i would indulge in one for myself. With working shifts and coming home at 11pm its a good way to unwind for a couple of hours. (though im still crap on fifa though!)

My brother had the commodore 64 when i was a kid and i inherited it from him. The very first game i played on it was football manager and then football manager 2. Every computer i have ever owned i have always liked strategy games and specifically football manager games. I think at one stage for the commodore 64 i owned something like 6 football manager games. Some were so crap. Anyway here i am in my 30's and i still play football manager. My first baby was born last week and he has seriously cut into my game time :D

Seriously though i find these days the computer has a different role and purpose in my life... it used to be for pure fun and entertainment... Sure i still enjoy it or i wouldnt use it but These days i dont play the so called arcade style games like call of duty or anything like that.. For me its just somewhere to go to relax. spend some time on my own. my computer is like my own little man cave. grab a coffee play football manager whilst i wait for something intresting to be said on facebook... which can take hours. lol. I moved to the states a couple of years ago and i have friends here of course but no where near like i did in England... so most of my time 'hanging out' with my friends is done online...

Oh Ronnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I guess these are just for "decoration"? :whistle:

See kids, this is what the search function's for! Chopping down blatant wummery at the knees :D

Why do people keep saying 'Im not really into computer games any more, but i still spend hours playing football manager and fifa', like they are two seperate things lol

Its a fair enough thing to say, like someone saying "I'm not really a movie buff, but I liked The Shawshank Redemption", its possible to like things without being much of an expert in it. You're right in that its just weird how some people act so defensively about it though.

Played computer games all my kid life, got a picture of me about 5 playing Sonic the hedgehog on the mega drive. I used to love my Dreamcast and Playstation 2 and at around 2006 I just pretty much overnight stopped playing it. Lost interest completely. Didn't get a PS3 until about 2010 and 360 in 2011 and I have sold them. I much prefer playing retro games, I will probably get more into this gen later but I can't get motivated like I used to. I still play FIFA and GTA etc though

Archived