Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

20 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

"When a man finishes a round of golf, all they want to do is talk to their wife about it?"...errrr?

The first thing my wife asks when I get back from golf is “did you win?” 
I start to tell her about my round but she glazes over and I give up.

I need to download what happened so might sign up for Onlyfan 

Edited by Izzy

• 2 weeks later...

Golf massively bit me in the ass today, got down to my lowest ever index yesterday and played absolutely bloody awful today. 

Spent more time in trees than anywhere else, couldn't make par for toffee. I've worked so hard on being mentally positive when I'm out there but today was a harsh lesson that nothing beats hitting fairways and greens! 

33 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Golf massively bit me in the ass today, got down to my lowest ever index yesterday and played absolutely bloody awful today. 

Spent more time in trees than anywhere else, couldn't make par for toffee. I've worked so hard on being mentally positive when I'm out there but today was a harsh lesson that nothing beats hitting fairways and greens! 

What handicap are you off now?

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

So after regressing a lot and regularly shooting around the 100 mark, today, it clicked. Really clicked.

My new course has more trees than you've ever seen in your life, it's incredibly tight, so I've gone to a 5 wood off the tees. Keep it in play and you've got a chance.

Front 9 was solid, out in 45, would be happy to shoot 90 and make some progress. But on 10, I sank a 58 degree wedge from off the green and somehow turned in to prime Seve.

This followed...

Screenshot_20240823_152923_Gallery.jpg

Markers signature "Tom from Norths.?" 

Great effort that though! Screw the 12th putting that one mark on the nine. 

• Thanks 1

Do many people play scramble?

Four of us finish work at 6 and get 9 holes in once a week, but really fighting sunset now.

Only 2 of us went last week and decided to play that to speed things up a bit. 

Really good fun, I think we ended up 2 over for the 9. Would like to do a full 18 with 4 players and see how low we could go.

What shaft length is everyone's driver?

I know @The Bear plays a shorter length. 

The reason I ask is that the only thing I can hit off a tee at the moment is a 5 wood. That's 42.25 inches long. But, oh my god am I hitting that well. 

If I experiment with that length shaft in my driver, am I likely to get the same kind of results?

My driver shaft is 45.75 inches, worth me getting a new shaft to screw in and give it a go?

The obvious thing to do would be to get lessons, but where's the fun in that? :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The reason I ask is that the only thing I can hit off a tee at the moment is a 5 wood. That's 42.25 inches long. But, oh my god am I hitting that well. 

If I experiment with that length shaft in my driver, am I likely to get the same kind of results?

My driver shaft is 45.75 inches, worth me getting a new shaft to screw in and give it a go?

The obvious thing to do would be to get lessons, but where's the fun in that? :ph34r:

44 inches here. 

I never use it though as I love my Mizuni 3 wood off the tee too much. That's 43.25 inches.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Get yourself the Taylor Made 'mini' driver mate (effectively a 2 wood)

43.75 inch shaft and only £380 which you can easily afford with all the commission you're making atm :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Get yourself the Taylor Made 'mini' driver mate (effectively a 2 wood)

43.75 inch shaft and only £380 which you can easily afford with all the commission you're making atm :D

Top dog in group right now, so maybe I'll just chuck 500 quid at a QI10 driver and hope that works better lol

• Haha 1

If you like your team golf, final day of the Curtis Cup on Sky now.

Hotting up nicely and could be a close finish.

Decent crowds and Sunningdale looking absolutely glorious.

And I love the fact it's still GB&I rather than Europe vs the US

49 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If you like your team golf, final day of the Curtis Cup on Sky now.

Hotting up nicely and could be a close finish.

Decent crowds and Sunningdale looking absolutely glorious.

And I love the fact it's still GB&I rather than Europe vs the US

The Yanks look stoopid with their painted faces.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The Yanks look stoopid with their painted faces.

I blame gobshite Christina Kim who started the 'trend' back in the '09 Solheim Cup (I think in was)

What you need to know about golf's unknown event | CNN

• Haha 1

Can't really see Scottie throwing away a 5 shot lead but you never know. Would be quite funny.

Can't really be arsed with the FedEx Playoffs format, it's a bit pony.

And they're not really 'playoffs' anyway so just bin the name off.

15 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

What a round by Henley. 8 birds and chips it in on 18th for an eagle and a 62.

And a cool $6m if he stays in fourth place. 

• Like 1